2010.08.18 - Dede's ex-Boyfriend describes her

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"My mouth was agape. I couldn't believe what I was seeing," Wishert recalled. "I thought, 'Oh my gosh, there's two things that investigators should look at.' "

He provided investigators with the name of a close confidante of Spicher, and an address in the 12700 block of Northwest Bishop Road in Washington County where Spicher had lived with an aunt after she moved to Portland from Klamath Falls. The Bishop Road address was one of the addresses investigators searched.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/dede_spichers_former_boyfriend.html

An address that she last lived at in 1994. The way it has been reported about DeDe living with her Aunt as well as the search, I assumed it was more recently.

"My mouth was agape. I couldn't believe what I was seeing," Wishert recalled. "I thought, 'Oh my gosh, there's two things that investigators should look at.' "

He provided investigators with the name of a close confidante of Spicher, and an address in the 12700 block of Northwest Bishop Road in Washington County where Spicher had lived with an aunt after she moved to Portland from Klamath Falls. The Bishop Road address was one of the addresses investigators searched.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/dede_spichers_former_boyfriend.html

The cynical part of me is wondering if the two people he tipped LE about are people he has a grudge about from the time of their relationship.

Did anything come out of these tips?

Where's Kyron?

No, really.

All this peripheral stuff is utterly annoying. Who cares if he ate noodles and bread? If that's all he ate, seems to me he'd need to get on the exercise bandwagon...

And I **do** work 15 hours a day, and do have a severe budget (I'm a student nurse...). But shoot, flap steak and some veggies on the grill is cheap, and good...
Where.

Is.

Kyron?

Sigh.

Best-
Herding Cats

BBM they say....ummmm

what is flap steak???
:waitasec:

DeDe Spicher's former boyfriend describes Terri Moulton Horman's friend as a "high-energy, dynamic" person who changed dramatically
Published: Wednesday, August 18, 2010, 4:30 PM
Updated: Wednesday, August 18, 2010, 5:15 PM

An ex-boyfriend of DeDe Spicher said he was stunned when he learned that investigators were interested in the whereabouts of Spicher on the day Kyron Horman, 7, disappeared from Skyline School.

Jason Wishert, who has volunteered as a child's advocate in Multnomah County for more than a decade, said he dated Spicher for about 10 months, and they had even talked of marriage, but their relationship fell apart in early August 2009.

Wishert, 41, said he called the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office tip line soon after hearing Spicher's name in the news.

More at link...

Article: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/dede_spichers_former_boyfriend.html

Document written describing Dede by ex-boyfriend: http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/other/jasonw.pdf

WOW. The letter from her ex boyfriend was sure a bonus. I am still digesting the whole mess....

This guy is all over the internet,he's posting and answering questions on another forum.He keeps mentioning his business and he's a child advocate like a bajillion times.He even said for people to come to his business site.KWIM He's definitely getting his name out there,for whatever purpose. If people who actually have pertinent information to KYRON being missing will tell LE what they know and shut up,it might work to bringing him home.It seems in every missing child's case,there are people who have to keep in the forefront of it and keep blabbing.

BlueStocking :Welcome-12-june::Welcome-12-june::Welcome-12-june:

...And as to your pondering - *IF* there are warning signs it seems to me, most of the time they are only apparent after the fact. Sometimes, yes - such as a kid who kills animals for the "fun" of it and then goes on to murder his family -- those are the ones we should be able to watch before a murder happens but most are like KC Anthony and the signs are only signs once you get the picture after the crime. The lies, manipulation, stealing,drugs, sex and dysfunctional family dynamics if all known to some might have been a warning - but I don't think anyone put it together till after the baby went missing.

See that's the problem - in almost every case there's the Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda that never happened. Hindsight is 20-20.

No child molestor should ever be around children, but that's where they are.

No sociopath should ever be a parent - but they are.

No one should ever be alone in the middle of the night with someone who wants to kill them - but they are.

No landscaper should choose the fate of a small boy, but maybe it happened.

And yet there are always those who will write a testimonial about what a good neighbor the person was, or how they went to church every week, or how they were a model employee, or how they really loved children and they are misunderstood.

And there's usually one person who can see the truth before something bad happens, but they were the voice crying in the Wilderness - Laci Peterson's biological father, for instance, who never liked Scott and thought he had a deranged look but everyone else ignored him because Scott was allegedly the model son/son-in-law/husband/ex-boyscout who helped little old ladies.

There really are similarities in all these types of cases, but if someone seems too good to be true, they probably are. And if there are any red flags, you have to search underneath them for clues.

JMO

http://www.embassyenterprises.biz/giving.html

Pardon my ignorance but what the heck does "a 92 % contribution to child efficiency rate" mean? Child efficiency rate sounds to me like something the boss in some hellish factory using child labor could say but I assume he means something else.

n 1994, Mr. Wishert started sponsoring children through the Christian Children’s Fund out of Richmond, Virginia. In 2002, he was inducted into the “Friends of Children" Society from the accumulated total of gifts to CCF over the years. This is a Fortune 500 charitable organization with a 92% contribution to child efficiency rate.

"Adding to my belief that Kyron is still alive is the nature of the implications of what
must have happened for Kyron to be killed and buried. This is a series of events that is so
unimaginably evil in nature, not even Ted Bundy, Charles Manson or John Wayne Gacy
were that evil late into their murder careers. They never killed a 7 year old innocent child
that just moments previously was smiling proudly for the camera with his science project.
That level of evilness is so egregious that it would have manifested itself in some way
previously. This is a step way beyond trying to recruit someone to kill your husband. To
extinguish the life from an innocent and tender boy under this scenario is way beyond
reasonable comprehension. Then to go about your routine and act surprised when the kid
is not on the bus, and act like a distraught Susan Smith for the media and law
enforcement? I just fail to believe that this happened, God would not allow it."

I generally avoid true crime accounts because I find them so disturbing and they make me feel helpless; Kyron's case is the exception for me. But as I read more and more on this site, I wonder if a character witness really carries any weight at all. This man's evaluation of the degree of evil that would be necessary to carry out a murder indicates a belief that there will be signs and warnings ahead of time. But all you WSer's out there who have followed many cases: are there ever really signs or warnings? Isn't that what is so fascinating and yet horrifying about these kinds of crimes, that we can't see them coming, and really can't defend ourselves against them no matter how alert we are? Can you remember a case where a character reference held any weight or was accurate against the odds?

I hope this is on topic.

Well Andrea Yates husband sure had plenty of red flags, but he chose to ignore them...JMO

Well,what these people don't understand is when they persist in keeping themselves out there in the news,people start questioning why.As in the case with MC.

I don't believe the first and last man in her life story. Sorry, not buying it. :snooty:

Not sure I do either... I could picture some situations in which a woman might tell her partner that he's the first if she wants to avoid getting into an awkward discussion about her exes. If he's the jealous type, the judgmental type or the kind who doesn't know when to let it be and digs up all the old stuff when they're having an argument, the sort of guy who needs to put you on some virginal pedestal to "respect" you, or if there are some relationships in her past that she just doesn't want to talk about, period, for one reason or another.

And it's easy to say something like "I'll give up dating forever if we can't get this to work" if you're feeling amorous or exasperated or a little annoyed but it might be something that you don't really think in the light of day.

http://www.embassyenterprises.biz/giving.html

Pardon my ignorance but what the heck does "a 92 % contribution to child efficiency rate" mean? Child efficiency rate sounds to me like something the boss in some hellish factory using child labor could say but I assume he means something else.

I'm not positive about this, Donjeta, but I believe the 92% means that 92 cents of every dollar that's donated goes directly to helping children.

I'm not positive about this, Donjeta, but I believe the 92% means that 92 cents of every dollar that's donated goes directly to helping children.

Oh I see. I parsed it wrong in my mind.
92 % contribution to |child efficiency rate
when it should have been
92 % contribution to child |efficiency rate

Thanks. Now I feel stupid.

Is there a link to the interview he did with KGW on June 30th??? AND, if he did not know until August that DS was connected to the case, and he claims to have never heard of TH or KH before this case.......why was he giving interviews about the case on June 30th at all?????

Good point.
When did we first hear of DS?

Suppose some friend of a friend might have given him the hint early on. What did he have to say in that interview?

I thought he seemed kind of normal until he started in with his personal beliefs about what he believes happened to Kyron. Not all that crazy about how he started distancing himself when she stopped dieting and working out but I can't really say thats wierd. The personal opinion stuff thrown in there was wierd though.

I kinda got the feeling he was a little shallow, if she stopped the diet and the working out, maybe that's when she put on the pounds, and he really didn't want a chunky girlfriend, huh????'

I cannot think of a single ex-boyfriend whose thoughts on me I would want to read in a newspaper.

I kinda got the feeling he was a little shallow, if she stopped the diet and the working out, maybe that's when she put on the pounds, and he really didn't want a chunky girlfriend, huh????'

That's what I thought "I lost respect for her" is code for as well.

Or stopped working at places that would look good for anyone she was involved with,maybe her even bringing in money.Some people are into this image thing and how it makes them look,like if you're in college,etc.The whole letter thing was very shallow and showing letters in a relationship is tacky.Also,some people could come out and talk just to get thier side of the story if they're worried they'll be talked about in connection with a player in a case.

I have a real problem with him griping about her volunteering for the HOA while he brags about all the child advocacy volunteering he does. While working 15 hours a day and still not having enough money for proper food. Why didn't he give up his volunteer work?

He would never do that because he gets too much pleasure being the youngest male ever to be elected as etc..

Oh I see. I parsed it wrong in my mind.
92 % contribution to |child efficiency rate
when it should have been
92 % contribution to child |efficiency rate

Thanks. Now I feel stupid.

LOL. I've worked in the nonprofit world for many years and have never heard anything about an efficiency rate. CCF says:

For the fiscal year ending June 30, 2009, ChildFund dedicated 81 percent of its financial support to program services for children.

http://www.childfund.org/accountability/

So, who knows where he got that 92% from. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members