2010.09.14 - Defense Team News Conference

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Cheney really just say "When your enemies have you surrounded, you do what you have to do".

Did I hear that right?

Hm. I've learnt something valuable. Smashing my thumb with a hammer may be less painful than listening to this presser.

I wonder if this is just posturing, and a month from now, Casey will be begging for a plea. I just don't see this working two years two late and just NOW three lawyers are added? HHJP is NOT going to delay this trial. This is madness on Baez's part. There is no way they're going to be ready next year.

"They believe in the cause." OR They believe in riding the money train while it's full steam ahead.

JUSTICE for KC is justice for Caylee" as said by JB.................

Baez: "It takes a lot to get a lawyer to join on to this case... every lawyer is motivated and believes in the cause...justice for Casey is justice for Caylee...there's the WHOLE story..."

Again Baez goes with the "you will understand when this goes to trial"

Why am I watching this?

Also can I say I think it is supremely arrogant of them to hold this press conference anyway, like seriously - a press release would have done it. I hope they get fewer and fewer media folks show up each time. Baez will end up having to skype his little press junkets straight into the newsroom eventually if he keeps annoying people with these 'non events'.

Under normal circumstances there would not even be a press release. Only notices of appearance filed with the clerk. Standard protocol.

This press conference is just more proof that the defense thinks this case is 'special'. It is not. It is a murder case. There are thousands of them on dockets in courts around the country right now.

Caylee is special. Not the defense team of her murderer.

Mr. Mason-Following the letter of the law is not ultra conservative, it is the way our country works (or should work)....I assume his comment means he would prefer ultra liberal, like Ms. Lyon would have preferred, wherein we slap people on the hand and blame the gun instead of the person that shot it.
This thinking is the impetus for many problems we have today, from illegal immigration to child molesters serving a year and walking free.
This thinking, and I am not trying to get too political, mods, but this thinking is why children continue to suffer in our society-because adults and their liberal mindsets must come first. Sex offenders, murderers, rapists...we are supposed to understand and soothe them, they are just wounded souls-B.S.! Garbage, and don't blame it on conservatism.
Conservatism dictates that a centralized government stand aside for the most part, so that we as a society can hold one another to high moral values-Just as law enforcement in Florida (at least in this case) is trying to do.
So, is this "newbie" lawyer going to ask for legislation from the bench as Ms. Lyon tried? Good luck with that, as HHJP seems kinda "conservative."

What's JB blathering about? That his team are so good and top level that it's hard to get them to get along and work together? Did he really allude to this? This new team is a train wreck.

"They believe in the cause." OR They believe in riding the money train while it's full steam ahead.

You mean the imaginary money train with the imaginary zanny the nanny as the conductor? There is no more money to be made here!

8000 pages of new documents recently received by defense!

this reminds me of the OJ fiasco................same circus!
All evidence is there...........
I call this a PEP RALLY for JB, and new associates!

Mason saying, this team will not be beaten........football game?

Adding 3 lawyers 2 years in, kinda makes me think Mr. Baez is a little D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-E.

As a Florida taxpayer, I am enraged and humiliated. I feel as if Baez and et al are sending every Florida resident a slap in the face with his "new additions" to the team. How does Baez think the taxpayers feel about this added expense. I just don't understand. It's cases like this that make me question our justice system.

"Justice for Casey and Caylee"... did I hear Baez correctly? Since when has the defense team, including IAC, ever been concerned about justice for Caylee???

CM says absolutely certain this trial will go forward in May and that it will take about 2 months.

What a shame: Baez even saying the words 'Justice for Caylee'.

Oh he did NOT SAY THAT! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! He wouldn't know Justice for Caylee if bit him on his *advertiser censored**!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23