2010.10.08 - MISTY's St. Johns Co. FELONY SENTENCING @1:30PM (secret witness?)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't see it like that. I still have faith in the police that they will be able to resolve this case and bring Haleigh home.

Misty can still deal. Prisoners make deals all the time to reduce their sentences. I have high hopes for Misty as she is now at the end of that hallway, maybe she will finally see the light.

IMO, the people who need to see the light were sitting in the courtroom. They are the only ones who could actually bring Haleigh home.

Well either she didn't really know anything about what happened that night or the truth may have gotten her more time I guess.

It's kinda scary that a judge can bring up a victim's family in an unrelated case though. Kinda like if they can't prove one we'll get you on another. For whatever Misty has done regarding the drug case in all reality that is not a lot of pills and what about the people who sold her their prescriptions?

Further, lots of people grow up poor MC and they don't sell drugs because of it... it's called public school = free education MO

My mother at age 9 picked cotton to help feed her family, who were dirt farmers on someone else's land. Had one cow for all their dairy products, made their own butter, killed hogs for meat. My mother and grand parents were the most honest law-abiding people I have ever known. I am so happy to have been raised in that environment...Being poor in no excuse for anything.:snooty:

This feels like "settling", and it's a sad day when a murdered child has to "settle" for justice.

I agree, could be why I feel there was no justice served today. Not for Haleigh, not for Misty, not for anyone except for Ronald. His 15yr sentence/ 2 charges dropped is what makes me so mad. He is the oldest, most experience, probably is the one that helped Misty get into the drug trade, and is the one that gave LE info about his missing daughter 1 1/2 yrs later to save his own butt. That is what makes me sad/mad/disgusted/disappointed/question what is going on in that town. :cow:

IMO, they should "EACH PAY FOR THEIR CRIMES EQUALLY", and IMO that is not what happen with Hope, Donna, Tommy, Misty and Ron.

And where is Haleigh? Where are the answers to what happen to her? It is a sad day in the USA when a child gets murdered and forgotten...each Day Haleigh is being forgotten IMO by many. Just sad.

Ok help me out guys...minimum mandatory...so in this case she will serve the whole 25 years or is there a possibility she would get parole after a certain time? I know she faces other charges but I mean on this one.

I do believe Misty knows more. Maybe this sentence will push her to the edge to explain in detail the truth of what happened to Haleigh.

If it doesn't. Misty clearly has a reason not to tell the truth. MOO.

talk about a huge waste.

Misty's affect today is deeply troublesome. (...so much as I can gleen from quotes that are coming out in the news at the moment...)

It makes me wonder now if Misty has such an empty soul, so little regard for life, and so little hope in the future, that she is capable of having killed Haleigh and feeling no remorse - so long as it suited some purpose of hers at that moment ...

IMO, the people who need to see the light were sitting in the courtroom. They are the only ones who could actually bring Haleigh home.

Do you mean Ronald's family? I'm not sure who was in the courtroom.

Dang, I think it was the trick question that the judge threw out there. He asked Misty if she likes money!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have failed that question too..........

Misty did nothing to show that she was a good candidate for the early offenders program. She had ample time to participate in all the jailhouse programs that would show a judge she was willing to make the effort to be a better person. Not to mention the other charges she has yet to face.

Plus, she had pxxs poor legal representation, IMO

No, actually Ron got less time because he made a deal on HIS daughters death..basically sold Haleigh out to save his own *advertiser censored*. Let's get real here. That is exactly what he did.

I do live in reality. I am not into all the high drama.

This is not uncommon for a defense attorney to use this as a way of getting a plea deal for his client.

Too bad that Misty refuses to tell the truth or agree to testify but I imagine she has always known she cant be made to testify against herself if she is a defendant in a case.

Better to go away as a drug trafficker than be known in prison as an inmate that was involved in the homicide of a 5 year old child. 25 years looks a heck of a lot better than LWOP or the death penalty.

I have said all along Misty was not going to say a word to try to get her lesser time. Telling the truth is NOT in Misty's best interest, IMO.

IMO

Misty, IMHO, is an Accessory to Haleigh's disappearance. She may think that telling the truth now as to what happened to Haleigh would only earn her even more time than she is going to do now.

My only hope is that a straight-up prosecutor for the SA's office will go to Misty and offer her immunity in Haleigh's case in exchange for telling just what happened to Haleigh. I say this because I do not think Misty killed Haleigh. Even if Tommy helped dispose of Haleigh, she needs to tell the truth, and needs to pass a polygraph as well as come up with credible evidence. JMO, but I think that Misty and Tommy followed Ronald's as well as TN and GGS's instructions as far as Haleigh is concerned.

Ronald will be out of prison before she is and will certainly have a new girlfriend even while in prison. He has no loyalty to Misty. He has no loyalty to anyone outside his mother and grandmother. He will never implicate himself or them. Misty's downfall is caring for Ronald and being loyal to him.

IMO, the only hope is through the prosecutors office for Haleigh's case, and I am afraid that will not happen. I have such a sad, sinking feeling this afternoon for Haleigh.

MOO's

I agree, could be why I feel there was no justice served today. Not for Haleigh, not for Misty, not for anyone except for Ronald. His 15yr sentence/ 2 charges dropped is what makes me so mad. He is the oldest, most experience, probably is the one that helped Misty get into the drug trade, and is the one that gave LE info about his missing daughter 1 1/2 yrs later to save his own butt. That is what makes me sad/mad/disgusted/disappointed/question what is going on in that town. :cow:

IMO, they should "EACH PAY FOR THEIR CRIMES EQUALLY", and IMO that is not what happen with Hope, Donna, Tommy, Misty and Ron.

And where is Haleigh? Where are the answers to what happen to her? It is a sad day in the USA when a child gets murdered and forgotten...each Day Haleigh is being forgotten IMO by many. Just sad.

What information did RC give LE about his missing daughter?

talk about a huge waste.

Misty's affect today is deeply troublesome. (...so much as I can gleen from quotes that are coming out in the news at the moment...)

It makes me wonder now if Misty has such an empty soul, so little regard for life, and so little hope in the future, that she is capable of having killed Haleigh and feeling no remorse - so long as it suited some purpose of hers at that moment ...

IMO, lacking much of a conscience.

I think Misty has a mind of her own when it comes down to drug trafficking.

Her OWN mother said she blackmailed her to get her drugs. Something tells me if not for Lisa croslin, misty may have resisted ever having anything to do with drugs. IMO.

Ron was also an influence. But bottom line...misty's parents are a bigger influence.

I'm confused....again.....what does this mean? Can her sentence be changed after today's hearing? Are they saying that she still has a chance to reduce her sentence? Help!

That is what was being reported earlier today and the judge could of given Misty a lower sentence but chose not to. That is how I understand it. Of course Fields can appeal, but look where Tommy got...no where. All up to the judge and IMO this judge is sentencing the Croslin's letting her personal feelings get in the way....why else would she let Ron slide? JMO :cow:

Why did she go on the stand anyway? Misty: You are looking at a long... LONG time behind bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makaylaj