2010.10.08 - MISTY's St. Johns Co. FELONY SENTENCING @1:30PM (secret witness?)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone so surprised she got 25 yrs.?
It is the min. man for her charge.
There are times I want to feel sorry for Misty (and Tommy) but then I stop and think about the lies they told LE pertaining to Haleigh to try and get out of the drug charges and my mind changes real quick.
Has Ron lied to LE? I wish I knew. Hopefully someday I will.

JMO

I don't quite understand why everyone thinks Ron is part of this as well? Why would LE and the judge put all the weight on Misty?

There must be a reason. Did Ron pass his LDT?
I do know Misty failed hers..several times.

There has to be a reason why detectives, officers, and at least one judge went lighter on Ron, and it's certainly not his good looks and charm.

Technically speaking, in this drug sting op, I believe Ron was involved in less deals, and less grams than Misty. (less pills, etc.) (Ron talked a big game as a drug boy. But that was talk about the future, which didn't happen. "Get on the ground!!! :)) For example, Donna's huge pill numbers did in Donna although Donna was involved in one transaction. In fact Donna's huge pill number did in Misty - that charge was in St. John's County too. I wonder if there will be less minimum mandatory in Putnam County for Misty to face - if she dealt a lower volume there...keep in mind sumbunny, I'm just wondering out loud here, as I consider your question with you...

:blowkiss: thank you everyone for the updates. It was like reading the end of a mystery novel. All I can say right now is WOW. Time to clock out and go home!:dance: Have a great weekend

This is just my opinion here but this judge tried the Haleigh case once again. How legal is that? How many 18 year old first offenders get a "life" sentence for dealing a few prescription pills? Unfreakenbelievable! Haleigh's case can now go to the closed files because the SA very likely feels that he has any and all perps in prison and he can now wash his hands of it and go on with other cases. I know that there are some of you who are celebrating but I can't. This girl, no matter what we know about the Haleigh case, should have been judged fairly for what a teen, first time offender has done and not for what some people feel is fair for another case where absolutely no one has even been charged. I want the person or persons responsible for Haleigh's death to be charged with that crime and tried for that crime, period. I don't want nor do I accept a substitute mock trial or sentence imposed just because the case was botched to begin with..........totally disgusting.

Sometimes, you have to be satisfied with what you can get. I may want steak, but I can only get a hambuger. Wishing upon a star, is not always practical, be happy sith the moon.

Do you mean Ronald's family? I'm not sure who was in the courtroom.

Absolutely mean the Cummings side of the house. The judge so eloquently pointed them out and exclaimed that they were there for Haleigh.

I keep wondering why Misty hasn't sold out Ron to get a lighter sentence as he probably did to her. Possibly, she was so out of it that fateful night that Ron convinced her it was she, alone, who caused Haleigh's demise (even though I believe he was part of it) & he would "help" her cover-up. Then, Ron cops a plea fingering Misty & she keeps her mouth shut thinking she's the only one to blame. All IMO.

If so, then why hasn't Misty been charged, or even made a POI?

IMO, if Misty was so out of it, or wasn't there, as has also been proposed, these are the things she could have used to probably get a plea. The cops wouldn't charge her if it helped them get a better idea of what happened to Haleigh. But she didn't do that.

I hope someday we'll find out what Ronald gave up to LE about Haleigh to get those charges dropped.

With Ronald being treated like a poor, grieving father being dragged into drug dealing by big, bad Misty....and, Misty getting 25 years....I think the case of missing Haleigh is over. Ronald has told whatever he told LE. They, no doubt, believe him. So, no matter what anyone else says now...if it differs from dear Ronald, LE will ignore them.

Ronald has always been more important than Haleigh to TN, GGMS, Misty, and seemingly, LE, SA, DA, judge.....:sick:

Today ... Active Users Viewing This Thread: 210 (110 members and 100 guests)

If misty is innocent of anything to do with Haleigh and was covering for Ron..don't you think she'd have spilled the beans?

Heck, he got 15 years. And if she truly believe she's only being sentenced to 25 years due to haleigh being missing and not the drug trafficking, wouldn't she have squeeled on Ron by now?

It simply doesn't make one bit of sense.

Maybe she did....but, Ronald is believed, she isn't.

Today... Active Users Viewing This Thread: 210 (110 members and 100 guests)

Thanks .... that speaks volumes as to the interest and support in Justice for HaLeigh.

I have a silly question. I follow this case loosely.

How did we find out Misty failed her LDT's?
How can we find out if Ron, Tommy and whomever else took them failed or passed them?

As per - http://www.news4jax.com/news/25325313/detail.html

During a sentencing hearing that began at 1:30 p.m. Friday, Misty told Judge Wendy Berger that she was raped by two people between the the ages of seven and 14 while she was taking care of her great grandmother. She said that while Ronald Cummings was rough with her, it was an upgrade in her life and she loved him.

As per - http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=170750&catid=3

- Misty Croslin took the stand in her own defense, saying that she started selling drugs because she grew up poor.

"It is wrong to drug deal but when you grow up poor, that is what you do," she said on the stand during defense questioning.
She agreed that for the first time in her life, she is in control.
She also was questioned by Judge Wendy Berger who asked her why she should be treated different than her co-defendants.
"I wouldn't be here if they didn't come at me... I'm not a drug dealer," Croslin responded.
Berger disagreed. She pointed at haleigh's family in the courtroom. "They're here because of Haleigh, you're here because of drugs."
Croslin also asked to be sentenced as a youthful offender. "I'm so young, I have a lot of life ahead of me...."
"But you like the money?" said Berger. "Yes," Croslin responded.
The state argued with Croslin about her involvement in the drug deals; she has persisted that she was not the leader and that the drug contacts were the groups' not hers alone.
She persisted that she was not into pills. "I'm into marijuana; I don't sell it, I smoke it."

What a mess this girl is in. Wasn't Misty employed as a hostess in a restaurant before she married Ron? I agree with Misty, if she was a drug dealer she would have sold marijuana. She got sucked in by her ex-husband and brother who were addicted to pills and even Tim Miller when he set Misty up with Donna Brock. Misty was reliving the lifestyle she had with Ron. Chelsea said the purple Altima was a gift to Misty from Ron, but whether Misty kept it after they divorced IDK.

I didn't like Berger's comment, "but you like the money". Although LE say the drug charges aren't connected to HaLeigh's disappearance, Berger pointed the finger at Misty and held her responsible for what happened to HaLeigh today. That's why Berger sentenced her to 25 years and slapped her with an outrageous fine. I have never been happy with Misty's attorney Mr. Fields. When he quit representing Misty before she was charged with drug trafficking, she should have asked for a public defender because he is at the bottom of the barrel IMO. He should have insisted Misty plea 'not guilty' to all her charges and presented her case before a jury and proved LE set her up but for some reason he refused to go for it.

Ron racked in thousands of dollars in donations to "search for his daughter" and received $12000 from Crystal. Where is all that money? In a trust fund for Junior? :furious:

Maybe she did....but, Ronald is believed, she isn't.

My point exactly.
WHY is Ron believed and Misty isn't?
Everyone involved in this case intimately can't be wrong.

No way is Ron a rocket scientist that can fool detectives, lawyers, judges, law enforcement. He spilled something relevent. IMO.

Something stinks.

Perhaps the judge wished to ask Misty questions - give her a chance to explain herself and her situation prior to sentencing. If so, it sounds like Misty squandered any possible goodwill-type discretion the judge may have had at her disposal.

Seriously, with a performance like that, what does one expect the judge to do?

Paraphrasing: "I'm poor. So, of course, I deal drugs, that's what us poor folk do. And yup, I like the money. And I only smoke dope, so I'm actually a good drug dealer - not like the loser-druggies I sell to. And I'm only here 'cause Haleigh went missing - otherwise they wouldn't have come after me. So there you have it. I shouldn't really even be here. Right?"

Heck, I feel sorry for the judge, myself.

:rolleyes:

I wish they'd report on what Fields said on behalf of his client. Isn't he allowed to say something?

LOL! Exactly... she actually helped the judge with his decision and I'm wanting to know what Fields said too.. IF he said anything. I mean, wouldn't you think they would rehearse things??!! Is that the best she could come off as? The not-so-bad-dealer-who-likes-pot-and-not-the-product-but-only-got-busted-because-Haleigh-is-missing???? Seriously??? Did she HAVE counsel?

Technically speaking, in this drug sting op, I believe Ron was involved in less deals, and less grams than Misty. (less pills, etc.) Ron talked a big game as a drug boy. For example, Donna's huge pill numbers did in Donna although Donna was involved in one transaction. In fact Donna's huge pill number did in Misty - that charge was in St. John's County too. I wonder if there will be less minimum mandatory in Putnam County for Misty to face - if she dealt a lower volume there...keep in mind sumbunny, I'm just wondering out loud here, as I consider your question with you...

I'm not quite clear on what you are wondering about a lesser mm in PC.
She has 2 charges there that carry the 25 yr. mm.
So did Ron but his were dropped.

Ron was charged with 5 charges in PC.

1 4-14 g-3 yr. mm
2 14-28 g-15 yr. mm
2 28g-30kg-25 yr. mm

Misty was charges with 7 charges in PC.

3 4-14 g
3 14-28g
2 28g-30kg

Donna got a deal on her charge in SJC. She pled to a lesser charge and got the mm dropped from 25 yrs. to 15 yrs.

Why is everyone so surprised she got 25 yrs.?
It is the min. man for her charge.
There are times I want to feel sorry for Misty (and Tommy) but then I stop and think about the lies they told LE pertaining to Haleigh to try and get out of the drug charges and my mind changes real quick.
Has Ron lied to LE? I wish I knew. Hopefully someday I will.

JMO

I'm not surprised she got 25 years. Chalk me up to expecting it. I'm surprised at her counsel.

I have a silly question. I follow this case loosely.

How did we find out Misty failed her LDT's?
How can we find out if Ron, Tommy and whomever else took them failed or passed them?

Sadly, most of the information we have gotten has been provided on the JVM, and NG shows. From the panelists they have on. AH, Page, etc. LE hasn't given up much.

Sometimes the various attorneys have been on. And then of course their is granma Flo. It also seems that opinions on here that are posted over and over at some point become 'fact'. jmo

Misty should not have gotten more than Ron. I am really disenchanted with this whole system at the moment. Perfect Ron. Married a minor, had a minor taking care of his kids, priors, and gets 15.

The drug charges are the ONLY thing that should have been considered. It doesn't seem like that is the case. I am not saying Misty should not have gotten a sentence; I am saying the law is quite clearly not applied equally, thus unfairly.

My opinion. Respecting and listening to everyone else's too.

Well I just plain old disagree. Sure they have them locked up on drug charges, but what about Haleigh? Where's those charges? Now ifin' they were stoopid enough to get caught dealing drugs...........they were stoopid enough to get caught covering up a death don't you think? Something stinks.

Not necessarily.

Homicides are usually done out of sight. Drug traffickers go out and buy drugs to sell. Sometimes they get hoodwinked and buy from an undercover cop.

As for Haleigh I think LE is still working diligently to solve her case. Just because the real perpetrator is in prison on other charges doesn't mean they cant stand trial for murder.

IMO

It seems Misty told the truth that she loves money. Nothing wrong with stating the obvious. Now if only she'd tell the other truths.
1st of all, not many people hate money. I'm sure even that judge loves his money, or what his money can do for him, his family, etc...Misty doesn't have the communication skills, to explain that the little bit of drug money she made, kept her from being broke, destitute, & dependent. So, she agreed that she loved money. Misty DID tell the truth, but it's not the whole story. That like everything else she explains, is her condensed, simplified truth. & her saying that she sold drugs because she's poor? the same thing. Misty knew she didn't have money, & then she sold drugs, & then she did have money. But, Misty wasn't just poor. She was raised from infancy, to accept drugs, dug use, & drig dealing as a part of every day life. Her own mom admitted that she made Misty deal to her. & if she HAD try to communicate all of these things, she would've been accused of playing the victim. But it is what it is. & I don't agree that Ron was grooming her, because I think her parents had already taken care of that...but I do think that's why Ron was attracted to her. They shared the same values & goals in life. to get high, & to make enough money to pay for their dope, with a little left over for extras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV