2010.10.29 Status Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Judge Perry is pointing out old news to the defense today...

Pointing out previous orders....pointing out JB press conferences....pointing out we've covered this before....pointing out previous hearings....

He's dealt with this......I feel another smack down coming.

What about the slip of Baez when he said "this time" I did it the right way...telling!

They're asking for the max amount that might be needed...
oops...this is going to be denied.

AF: We have quite a bit of work left to do. There are an extensive # of mitigation witnesses left to talk to.

HHJP....how many are we talking about? If memory serves me correctly I gave them what they asked for.

HHJP: have yall used up 384 hours?
AF: no but i want 100 more hours
HHJP: how many witnesses are we talking about? I have given what was asked for previously, show me how they were used if you want more, and what you need more hours for.

Masons arm draped over the back of Casey's chair, I think he genuinely cares about her.

JAC - Motion to determine reasonable budget for due process cause HHJP thought had already been dealt with

new attorney up - she wrote motion - para one penalty phase
HHJP says he already granted in previous order )new attorney looks back at JB) - granted time for mitigation expert during penalty phase (Janette Barrett - 384 hours approved). Is HHJP to assume they have exhaused all those - AF says they have used only 1/3 to 1/2 of those hours but she is trying to put together total budget - AF asking for addl 100 hours for mitigation expert in para 4. AF says a lot of witnesses to talk to. HHJP seems irritated because of detailed hearing already gone through but he wants to know how those hours already granted being utilized before hours extended

Go Perry, he wants details on JAC money. Also asking questions regarding how many hours have been used. Baez says the 300 hours are exhausted.

384 hours allotted for Mrs Barrett hasn't even been used yet!

Now want more hours for investigator and HHJP wants to know why and how much of hours have been used. JB not mear mic hard to hear.

I loved when the Sentinel guy said "the language in Bent is NOT as Mr. Baez has presented it".

I know HHJP is trying to err on the side of not having appeals but it drives me nuts how he 'guides' JB... "You will probably want to do some of that under seal" when saying how the investigator hours were used

I am so glad to see the defense looking serious today, without all the laughing, joking and general attitude. I love that Judge ! I wonder if CA and ICA met today, they both look upset.

I love it. AF is asking for additional PI hours for mitigation phase and JB has exhausted all of the private investigator hours.

It eats up a lot of time trying to strong-arm witnesses into changing their stories...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel
Back