2010.10.29 Status Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO
Baez was in over his head at the on set of this case, but since he was privately retained by Casey, new laws state he can not leave..but I don't understand why both Mason and Finnell are required? they are both DP qualified

bbm

Question:

Who will bail first? CM or AF?

*cues Jeopardy thinking music*

IMO
Baez was in over his head at the on set of this case, but since he was privately retained by Casey, new laws state he can not leave..but I don't understand why both Mason and Finnell are required? they are both DP qualified

I don't believe BOTH are legally required. I think that's just the defense preference. But if one of them wants to leave, they better do it soon. Because HHJP won't let that last one on board leave. There has to be a DP qualified attorney on this case, and he's not gonna let them start from scratch at this late date.... that would cause a delay in the start of the trial. And we all know HHJP will not let that happen.

:twocents:

I wonder if tomorrow's doc dump will give any insight to why the A's looked like they did.

Mason is going to regret the can of worms he wants to open by asking the judge to compel the FBI to release the forms mom and pop filled out about Casey, and the alleged lying to federal officers that Cindy may have done on that form. According to Ryan, Cindy knew everything she was telling the officers was untrue. Ut oh!

This is just another example we saw in this hearing of the very poor understanding Mr. Mason has of the case so far. It is scary to know he has a young lady's life in his hands and he does not appear to have even listened or read the interviews with her friends, or her family!!! What the hell?

BBM; snipped for subject mattter

I was surprised that Mr Mason even brought up the subject of these FBI forms. Whyever would the defense want these made part of the record? Unless...perhaps this is a step in the process of blaming KC's parents for the death of Caylee. I am still baffled trying to decide exactly what Mr Mason is contributing to this defense. Maybe because I have great difficulty hearing/understanding what he is saying. Perhaps it is easier if you are actually in the courtroom.

Thank you kindly, TWA, for all you do. Your posts are ones that I look forward to very much. Keep up the excellent work! :dance:

BBM

I TOTALLY agree with TWA about the FBI questionnaires. They had just finished Nick Savage's depo the previous afternoon. I think Cheney Mason thought he had made some grand discovery. Everybody is withholding evidence. :rolleyes: Little does he realize, he doesn't really want it. At first I was....:waitasec:....then it didn't take but a second before I recognized that "WTH ya talking 'bout Willis?" feeling. ;) It immediately took me back to the crazy presser when he totally contradicted the whole defense strategy of the remains site being under water. Mason doesn't have the first clue about the facts and evidence of this case. I'm not exaggerating when I say it is mind-boggling to me. I have never seen any counsel that has less of a clue what is going on. And we are talking about a DP case. Next thing ya know, the SA is gonna be linking him to WS so he can catch up. It is all here - free for the taking. :)

I don't believe BOTH are legally required. I think that's just the defense preference. But if one of them wants to leave, they better do it soon. Because HHJP won't let that last one on board leave. There has to be a DP qualified attorney on this case, and he's not gonna let them start from scratch at this late date.... that would cause a delay in the start of the trial. And we all know HHJP will not let that happen.

:twocents:

ITA. My money is on AF leaving. CM needs to stick around for ALL the fun.....

Perhaps Mr Mason was looking for a 'big' case to end his career...go out with a bang, so to speak. Maybe he was bored with run of the mill cases. But doesn't he have another big case coming up? Maybe he no longer thinks the Anthony case is his big 'bang'. Just a thought. :waitasec:

LOL Gma Kat!!! I wish the next time CM is out strutting about trying to pretend he actually knows what is going on in this case that Kathi B. would ask him, "Cheney, are you having fun yet?"

However, he definitely would have a smart a$$ comeback.

LOL Gma Kat!!! I wish the next time CM is out strutting about trying to pretend he actually knows what is going on in this case that Kathi B. would ask him, "Cheney, are you having fun yet?"

However, he definitely would have a smart a$$ comeback.

Snaz, maybe Kathi could ask Mr Mason 'Why do you strut like that?' LOL!

I wonder if tomorrow's doc dump will give any insight to why the A's looked like they did.
A hearing and a doc dump all in one week. Can it get any better?

Justice is coming Caylee Marie...hold on sweetheart, justice is coming.

Lillian Glass talks about a male jury consultant hired by the defense. Who is that? I don't think I've heard of a jury consultant. I know the judge said JAC will not pay for that.

BBM; snipped for subject mattter

BBM

I TOTALLY agree with TWA about the FBI questionnaires. They had just finished Nick Savage's depo the previous afternoon. I think Cheney Mason thought he had made some grand discovery. Everybody is withholding evidence. :rolleyes: Little does he realize, he doesn't really want it. At first I was....:waitasec:....then it didn't take but a second before I recognized that "WTH ya talking 'bout Willis?" feeling. ;) It immediately took me back to the crazy presser when he totally contradicted the whole defense strategy of the remains site being under water. Mason doesn't have the first clue about the facts and evidence of this case. I'm not exaggerating when I say it is mind-boggling to me. I have never seen any counsel that has less of a clue what is going on. And we are talking about a DP case. Next thing ya know, the SA is gonna be linking him to WS so he can catch up. It is all here - free for the taking. :)
Personally, I think they can't resist the urge to blame someone...anyone.

PS- I think it's kind of funny...here we have Cheney crying foul 'cause CINDY says there's information on there that's not factual. Just wow!

Perhaps Mr Mason was looking for a 'big' case to end his career...go out with a bang, so to speak. Maybe he was bored with run of the mill cases. But doesn't he have another big case coming up? Maybe he no longer thinks the Anthony case is his big 'bang'. Just a thought. :waitasec:
I'd like to know who "persuaded" AF to join this motley crew. Poor thing!

Lillian Glass talks about a male jury consultant hired by the defense. Who is that? I don't think I've heard of a jury consultant. I know the judge said JAC will not pay for that.

I thought HHJP said CM was perfectly capable of handling jury consultant duty and they could not have funds to farm that task out.

Im not sure CM is capable of much of anything these days except blowing hot air. MOO

I think she may be referring to Richard Gabriel. HHJP told JB he would not pay for a jury consultant. Said CM was more than capable of picking a jury. Gabriel visited KC in jail...

http://www.decisionanalysisinc.com/...abriel&catid=39:consultant-profiles&Itemid=55

There was some discussion of this on the jail confinement, visitors, etc. thread:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77298"]Casey's Confinement, Visitors; Phone Calls; Commissary etc.#3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I think she may be referring to Richard Gabriel. HHJP told JB he would not pay for a jury consultant. Said CM was more than capable of picking a jury. Gabriel visited KC in jail...

http://www.decisionanalysisinc.com/...abriel&catid=39:consultant-profiles&Itemid=55

There was some discussion of this on the jail confinement, visitors, etc. thread:
Casey's Confinement, Visitors; Phone Calls; Commissary etc.#3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

i see one visit on 7/30 and nothing beyond 8/9 (not sure if i can link the site). Does anyone know how to retrieve OCJ visitor logs?

Casey's Confinement, Visitors; Phone Calls; Commissary etc.#3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

HHJP said that taxpayers weren't paying for a consultant. Didn't say that the defense couldn't have one.

HHJP said that taxpayers weren't paying for a consultant. Didn't say that the defense couldn't have one.

Correct. So if they are indeed using a jury consultant, he has either donated his services.. or... gulp... JB is funding it. I'm betting he is pro bono....

Aw come on now, CA's look was all part of her acting abilities. Let's not forget, she was dressed as the "grieving, non descript, downtrodden" grandmother look during the hearing for the admittance of the 911 calls. Also her disability ends in Jan 11.

I didn't believe any of it was due to a "come to Church meeting" revelation. Yea I changed the wording ... but y'all catch my drift. CAs had plenty of years to perfect the given look she needs to portray in public. She knew dang well those cameras would be focused on her during this and future hearings. She needs to practice for the real time her emotions are required ... the trial and having the jury view her as much as they are viewing ICA. GA, well, he's got that "oh duh" look perfected.

CA gets no sympathy from me. None of them do.

Oh I'm SO glad somebody else said this because that's exactly what I've been thinking all along. She does the little smiles and hand pressing and head bowing all for the judge and her 'audience'. I have no doubt the stress, anxiety and depression are real, but the theatrics are most certainly for show. In every interview she's ever done, when somebody asks her a question, as she's listening she lowers her head so far down that her chin practically touches the middle of her chest. Then she lives her head up to answer the question - no matter what the question, no matter what the answer, no matter what reaction she'll get to it, she holds her head up to answer it. This lowering of her head at the hearings, showpony.

I am tring to follow this case, but I keep getting caught in a tangle of who's who and what team they are on (defense/prosicution) Can someone sort it out, full names please ? so far, I know JB= Jose Bias (defense)
CM=Cheney Sason (defense)

Who are LKB, LDB, JA JAC etc?

Oh, and I know HHJP = His Honor Judge Perry . Does he have other initials which are used on here. I am actually going to write it down in a little notebook so I can keep referring to it when I am confused . :waitasec:

I thought I remembered HHJP referring to CM as ICA's jury consultant (not a joke or sarcasm, either).

ETA: Sorry everyone who already answered that question!!! Didn't mean to double up!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back