2010.11.29 Defense Initial Penalty Phase Witness List

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And then ask him to please say something nice about Casey in the mitigation phase? This doesn't make any sense to me. Like anyone, after being ripped apart in court, is going to say something nice so she doesn't die. WTF?

This list is not making sense to me at all. No offense, TWA. I am just baffled that a lot of these people will be trampled by the bus at trial, but expected to help Casey not get the DP in the penalty phase.

I think if folks are torn to shreds at trial by the Defense ... once ICA is found guilty and moves onto the penalty phase I think they will soften, reflect and, be positive/supportive.

Death is different.

It is one thing to get 'Kronked' during trial but totally another to support the DP for ICA -- especially Jesse. Jesse still has feelings for ICA. He is not vindictive. Mixed emotions.

Everyone will want to see ICA punished for murdering Caylee out of her own selfish spite but no-one will want her to face death (or have a role in that). Most friends are confused about ICA with regard to what they thought she was ... a petty liar ... versus what they discovered when Caylee went missing. Many still may not be able to resolve the two ... different lives.

CA had a hand in what ICA became and as heinous as this is ... most will settle for LIFE despite any wounds inflicted from the Defense.

Also, actually giving ICA the DP provides a more sensational platform to appeal from for leniency together with those automatic appeals and ... after spending 15-20 years on death row it'd likely be commuted (if not already).

I was there at 5 minutes to 5, and it was not there. Ooops! :crazy:
FWIW, it's possible that it was filed but not yet entered into the computer database or filed in the court's file. I have encountered variations on this theme including occasional "Was plaintiff's Request to Enter Default filed before the defendant's Answer?" game.

Katprint
Always only my own opinions

The default game involves a sneaky plaintiff's attorney who improperly serves a defendant - for example, hands the Summons and Complaint to a passerby walking their dog along the sidewalk in front of the defendant's house - then waits 30 days and files a default against the defendant who really has no idea of the pending lawsuit. The law requires a copy of the default paperwork to be mailed to the defendant. If the defendant immediately contacts his insurance company, the insurance company immediately faxes the paperwork to their attorney and then the attorney immediately prepares an Answer and hand-delivers it to the civil process clerk, it may be possible to get the Answer on file before the default paperwork is processed especially if the default paperwork was mailed to the court at the same time it was mailed to the defendant.

I think the defense is going to claim Casey was molested and was afraid Caylee was going to be molested (or was already) by George and/or Lee. Remember George's letter to Casey about the questions he was asked by her lawyers, and how hurt he was by it.They are going to claim Casey would rather see Caylee dead than abused. They are calling her former boyfriends to ask them about claims she made to them about abuse.(I personally don't believe the claim, but that's what I think they'll do.)

Wouldn't make sense to move than to kill your daughter to prevent something bad happening to her? KC said herself she could not bear the thought of Caylee being ALIVE and living with someone else. Very profound statement. Rough translation, better off dead than living with my Mom. We know custody of Caylee was on CA's mind. She said so herself many times during that time period before and after Caylee disappeared. Probably not a good idea for defense to bring that up. jmo

FWIW, it's possible that it was filed but not yet entered into the computer database or filed in the court's file. I have encountered variations on this theme including occasional "Was plaintiff's Request to Enter Default filed before the defendant's Answer?" game.

Katprint

The default game involves a sneaky plaintiff's attorney who improperly serves a defendant - for example, hands the Summons and Complaint to a passerby walking their dog along the sidewalk in front of the defendant's house - then waits 30 days and files a default against the defendant who really has no idea of the pending lawsuit. The law requires a copy of the default paperwork to be mailed to the defendant. If the defendant immediately contacts his insurance company, the insurance company immediately faxes the paperwork to their attorney and then the attorney immediately prepares an Answer and hand-delivers it to the civil process clerk, it may be possible to get the Answer on file before the default paperwork is processed especially if the default paperwork was mailed to the court at the same time it was mailed to the defendant.

Well, I had the clerk check the fax machine and other areas to make sure it wasn't there somewhere. Nothing.

But I'm not sure of the timeline - the order says "10 days" from Jan 6. If that is "BUSINESS" days, the deadline would be Friday the 21st, including the MLK holiday.
If it is just 10 days, the deadline would have been Sunday the 16th.

I'm not sure how it works...

Well, I had the clerk check the fax machine and other areas to make sure it wasn't there somewhere. Nothing.

But I'm not sure of the timeline - the order says "10 days" from Jan 6. If that is "BUSINESS" days, the deadline would be Friday the 21st, including the MLK holiday.

# of days = calendar days unless the court specifies "court days." However, if the deadline falls on a Saturday or Sunday then it is extended to the next non-holiday court day. That was why we heard Mr. Ashton say that the 10 day deadline was Sunday so he expected to get it on Tuesday (after the MLK holiday on Monday.)

Katprint

I'm not 100% sure how it works either, but going by how LDB and JA were counting the days in regards to when the Response to the Motions in Limine was due, it's calendar days.

List created from the official Penalty Phase Witness List which MuzikMan got from the Clerk's office. THANK YOU MUZIKMAN!!!!!

DEFENSE PENALTY PHASE WITNESS LIST
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t1IKoWtQFXbILJ9pVMwT-c0dXhXOtFw-u5N2jfvVJM0/edit?hl=en

MuzikMan got the Penalty Phase List Jan 18, 2011 - titled "DEFENDANT'S INITIAL PENALTY PHASE DISCOVERY RESPONSE"
MM says: “The motion was filed in open court on 11/29/2010, but was just unsealed last week. “ [Jan 7, 2011 Order signed to UNSEAL List]

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/6947242...ial-Penalty-Phase-Discovery-Response-Redacted

MuzikMan got the Penalty Phase Expert Witness List which was filed December 30, 2010, titled “DEFENDANT’S SECOND PENALTY PHASE DISCOVERY RESPONSE”.

(1) Lee Anthony - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List
added Nov 17, 2008 to STATE Witness List
added Jan 23, 2009 to DEFENSE Witness List
(2) David Bennett - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(3) Leonard Birdsong - Orlando, FL - EXPERT - Assoc Prof of Law - added Dec 30, 2010
(4) Troy Brown - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - friend of Casey-text messages - added Dec 3, 2008 to STATE Witness List
(5) Dennis Cavilla - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(6) Christina Chester - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - friend of Casey - added Nov 17, 2008 to STATE Witness List
(7) Classifications Supervisor or designee - Dept of Corrections - added Nov 29, 2010
(8) Matthew Crisp - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - friend of Casey - added Nov 17, 2008 to STATE Witness List
(9) Custodian of Records - Orange County Jail - added Nov 29, 2010
(10) Custodian of Records - Orange County School Board or Colonial High - added Nov 29, 2010
(11) Sean Daly - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List
- added Dec 3, 2008 to STATE Witness List
(12) Dr. Jeffrey Danziger - Maitland, FL - EXPERT - Forensic psychiatry - added Dec 30, 2010
(13) Ms. Dewitt - no address given - added Nov 29, 2010
(14) Annie Leigh Downing - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - friend of Casey - added Nov 17, 2008 to STATE Witness List - added Aug 30, 2010 to DEFENSE Witness List
(15) Kenneth Drupiewski - Winter Park, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(16) Justin Frederick - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(17) Holly Gagne - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - family friend and former neighbor on 48 Hours with Anthonys - added to DEFENSE Witness List Aug 30, 2010
(18) Lauren Gibbs - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - friend of Casey, former babysitter of Caylee - added Dec 3, 2008 to STATE Witness List
(19) Carlos Goytia - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(20) Jesse Grund - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - Casey ex-boyfriend - added Nov 17, 2008 to STATE Witness List - added Jan 23, 2009 to DEFENSE Witness List
(21) John Haldie - George’s brother-in-law - Bonita Springs, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(22) Sandra Haldie - George’s sister (Sonie) - Bonita Springs, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(23) Shimara Harris - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - added to DEFENSE Witness List August 30, 2010
(24) Mark Hawkins - Palms, CA - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - ex boyfriend of Casey - added Nov 17, 2008 to STATE Witness List - added Jan 23, 2009 to DEFENSE Witness List
(25) Amy Huizenga - ℅ Atty Kirk Kirkconnell - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - ex friend of Casey - check fraud case - added Nov 17, 2008 to STATE Witness List - added Jan 23, 2009 to DEFENSE Witness List
(26) Sharon Christensen-Jones - no address given - added Nov 29, 2010
(27) Stephanie Kostakis - Orlando, FL - friend of Casey “Special K” - added Nov 29, 2010
(28) Dr. Harry Krop - Gainesville, FL - EXPERT - Psychologist - added Dec 30, 2010
(29) Anthony Lazarro - ℅ Atty Will Jay - Tony lives New York - added Nov 29, 2010 Penalty Ph - ex- boyfriend of Casey - added Nov 17, 2008 to STATE Witness List - added Jan 23, 2009 to DEFENSE Witness List
(30) Nathan Lezniewicz - Ft. Pierce, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Ph Witness List - roommate of Anthony Lazzarro - added Dec 3, 2008 to STATE Witness List
(31) Charles Adam Lynch - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(32) Medical Examiner - Orange County - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase List - Dr. Jan Garavaglia - Medical Examiner - EXPERT - added March 23, 2009 to STATE
(33) Daisy Mendez - no address given - added Nov 29, 2010
(34) Earl Meredith - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(35) Mrs. Susan J. Miramonti - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(36) Ricardo Morales - Tampa, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - ex-boyfriend Casey - added Nov 17, 2008 to STATE Witness List - added Jan 23, 2009 to DEFENSE Witness List
(37) Jose Pagan - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(38) Mallory Parker -Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - Lee Anthony girlfriend - added Dec 3, 2008 to STATE Witness List - added Jan 23, 2009 to DEFENSE Witness List
(39) Ryan Pasley - Jacksonville, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - friend of Casey - added Nov 17, 2008 to STATE Witness List
(40) Nicola Peart - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(41) Rene Placentia - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(42) Daniel Plesea - Cindy’s brother - N. Ft. Myers, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(43) Jenna Prentice - no address given - added Nov 29, 2010
(44) Jamie Realander - Oviedo, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - Fusion shot girl - added Dec 3, 2008 to STATE Witness List
(45) Fred Robinson - self-ordained minister - former neighbor - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(46) Anthony Rusciano - Orlando, FL [Anthony lives Massachusetts] - added Nov 29, 2010 - ex-boyfriend Casey - former police - added Dec 3, 2008 to STATE Witness List - added Jan 23, 2009 to DEFENSE Witness List
(47) Corey Scherr - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(48) Carrol Stoner - Winter Garden, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(49) Christopher Stutz - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - friend of Casey - added Dec 3, 2008 to STATE Witness List

# of days = calendar days unless the court specifies "court days." However, if the deadline falls on a Saturday or Sunday then it is extended to the next non-holiday court day. That was why we heard Mr. Ashton say that the 10 day deadline was Sunday so he expected to get it on Tuesday (after the MLK holiday on Monday.)

Katprint

Not that simple math and clarity from SA will preclude the Defense feigning confusion and conviction that the deadline is/was really Friday 21st.

Are you and the clerks on a first name basis yet?:floorlaugh:

Oh, better not answer, you may be called or deposed or shackled and hog tied or sumthin!
3.gif

Out of curiousity, but why the Custodian of Records at her former highschool? From everything most of us have either read or led to believe...she was a credit or so shy (possibly less) and given multiple opportunities (via hard work and possibly summer school?) to make up that credit(s) (or less) and graduate...I don't think it can possibly work in her favor to say, "Well, she almost finished...could have finished but CHOSE not to..."

Oh well. Such is life. Or maybe they just cut and pasted huge chunks of the overall trial witness list in their motion and didn't double check...hence, Mallory Parker is listed twice? WTF? LOL...

Out of curiousity, but why the Custodian of Records at her former highschool? From everything most of us have either read or led to believe...she was a credit or so shy (possibly less) and given multiple opportunities (via hard work and possibly summer school?) to make up that credit(s) (or less) and graduate...I don't think it can possibly work in her favor to say, "Well, she almost finished...could have finished but CHOSE not to..."

Oh well. Such is life. Or maybe they just cut and pasted huge chunks of the overall trial witness list in their motion and didn't double check...hence, Mallory Parker is listed twice? WTF? LOL...

Maybe they are going to try and dispute that? Wasn't there something in the discover at some point that looked like it showed she graduated even though everyone said she didn't? Or maybe to show she was a good student at one tim? Who knows??

Because they, the defense, need the original stamped with an official seal version. Not the "sanitized one given by CA".

Maybe they are going to try and dispute that? Wasn't there something in the discover at some point that looked like it showed she graduated even though everyone said she didn't? Or maybe to show she was a good student at one tim? Who knows??
If only Casey had been on the golf team, in high school, they could call in her coach as a witness too.

If only Casey had been on the golf team, in high school, they could call in her coach as a witness too.

Maybe her middle school track coach!! I always found it curious that she ran track in middle school then did not do any sports in high school.

Because they, the defense, need the original stamped with an official seal version. Not the "sanitized one given by CA".

I guess that would be the one I was referring to that seemed to indicate she graduated.:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Wonder if CA has figured out yet that the defense is setting her for the fall down? One only has to view these names and it becomes crystal clear she has a large X on her for the bus to smack down.

I don't see Rick or Shirley or the other brothers name on this list. Nor GA's parents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back