2010.11.29 Defense Initial Penalty Phase Witness List

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
# of days = calendar days unless the court specifies "court days." However, if the deadline falls on a Saturday or Sunday then it is extended to the next non-holiday court day. That was why we heard Mr. Ashton say that the 10 day deadline was Sunday so he expected to get it on Tuesday (after the MLK holiday on Monday.)

Katprint
Always only my own opinions

I recall LDB requesting this specifically re. filing her responses and HHJP okay'd it. Maybe he just extended the holiday deadlines til Tues. for both sides.

This looks worthy of a thread of it's own for discussion. Some names I'm like, WTH??? Addresses are redacted.

The motion was filed in open court on 11/29/2010, but was just unsealed last week.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/6947242...ial-Penalty-Phase-Discovery-Response-Redacted

MM :rocker:

An extra thank you Muzikman! :) There seems to be a lot of unknowns, a few expected people, and some unexpected. I wonder why George and Cindy aren't listed, or Cindy's mother, Shirley?

Correction............Cindy and George are on the list......I didn't see them initially as their names are in a sentence with address instead of on the list below.

I recall LDB requesting this specifically re. filing her responses and HHJP okay'd it. Maybe he just extended the holiday deadlines til Tues. for both sides.

But But But..we don't see anything filed from the defense re-expert witness testimony that was due T-o-d-a-y.

the rest are due in another 10 days, but still, I'd have thought some kind of reply would have happened.

Dan Plesea is on there but no Shirley. And noone with an Ohio address.

I noticed that Shirley isn't on the list, and neither are George and Cindy.

Correction...............Cindy and George are on the list. I didn't see them at first as they're in one long sentence with their address and not is the list below.

Originally Posted by strawberry
Dan Plesea is on there but no Shirley. And noone with an Ohio address.

I noticed that Shirley isn't on the list, and neither are George and Cindy.

George's sister, who he said has the mental "issues" - "Sonie" - Sandra, and her husband, John, in Bonita Springs, FL - are on the penalty phase witness list.

I think the defense is going to claim Casey was molested and was afraid Caylee was going to be molested (or was already) by George and/or Lee. Remember George's letter to Casey about the questions he was asked by her lawyers, and how hurt he was by it.They are going to claim Casey would rather see Caylee dead than abused. They are calling her former boyfriends to ask them about claims she made to them about abuse.(I personally don't believe the claim, but that's what I think they'll do.)

Welcomerainbow.gif
to Websleuths Starfish! :)

I think if folks are torn to shreds at trial by the Defense ... once ICA is found guilty and moves onto the penalty phase I think they will soften, reflect and, be positive/supportive.

Death is different.

It is one thing to get 'Kronked' during trial but totally another to support the DP for ICA -- especially Jesse. Jesse still has feelings for ICA. He is not vindictive. Mixed emotions.

Everyone will want to see ICA punished for murdering Caylee out of her own selfish spite but no-one will want her to face death (or have a role in that). Most friends are confused about ICA with regard to what they thought she was ... a petty liar ... versus what they discovered when Caylee went missing. Many still may not be able to resolve the two ... different lives.

CA had a hand in what ICA became and as heinous as this is ... most will settle for LIFE despite any wounds inflicted from the Defense.

Also, actually giving ICA the DP provides a more sensational platform to appeal from for leniency together with those automatic appeals and ... after spending 15-20 years on death row it'd likely be commuted (if not already).

I agree. Many of the people on the penalty phase witness list will want to see Casey punished, but when it comes to the death penalty they might feel guilty if they don't put in a good word for her. If they refuse to testify in her behalf during the penalty phase, and she ends up getting the death penalty, they'll wonder for the rest of their life if anything they could have said in her behalf.........but didn't.......could have made a difference between her getting the death penalty or LWOP. That might burden them with guilt.

Out of curiousity, but why the Custodian of Records at her former highschool? From everything most of us have either read or led to believe...she was a credit or so shy (possibly less) and given multiple opportunities (via hard work and possibly summer school?) to make up that credit(s) (or less) and graduate...I don't think it can possibly work in her favor to say, "Well, she almost finished...could have finished but CHOSE not to..."

Oh well. Such is life. Or maybe they just cut and pasted huge chunks of the overall trial witness list in their motion and didn't double check...hence, Mallory Parker is listed twice? WTF? LOL...

Possible disciplinary records? Maybe school had referred her to a social worker and they have those records now?

List created from the official Penalty Phase Witness List which MuzikMan got from the Clerk's office. THANK YOU MUZIKMAN!!!!!

DEFENSE PENALTY PHASE WITNESS LIST
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t1IKoWtQFXbILJ9pVMwT-c0dXhXOtFw-u5N2jfvVJM0/edit?hl=en

MuzikMan got the Penalty Phase List Jan 18, 2011 - titled "DEFENDANT'S INITIAL PENALTY PHASE DISCOVERY RESPONSE"
MM says: “The motion was filed in open court on 11/29/2010, but was just unsealed last week. “ [Jan 7, 2011 Order signed to UNSEAL List]

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/6947242...ial-Penalty-Phase-Discovery-Response-Redacted

MuzikMan got the Penalty Phase Expert Witness List which was filed December 30, 2010, titled “DEFENDANT’S SECOND PENALTY PHASE DISCOVERY RESPONSE”.

(1) Lee Anthony - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List
added Nov 17, 2008 to STATE Witness List
added Jan 23, 2009 to DEFENSE Witness List
(2) David Bennett - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(3) Leonard Birdsong - Orlando, FL - EXPERT - Assoc Prof of Law - added Dec 30, 2010
(4) Troy Brown - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - friend of Casey-text messages - added Dec 3, 2008 to STATE Witness List
(5) Dennis Cavilla - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(6) Christina Chester - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - friend of Casey - added Nov 17, 2008 to STATE Witness List
(7) Classifications Supervisor or designee - Dept of Corrections - added Nov 29, 2010
(8) Matthew Crisp - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - friend of Casey - added Nov 17, 2008 to STATE Witness List
(9) Custodian of Records - Orange County Jail - added Nov 29, 2010
(10) Custodian of Records - Orange County School Board or Colonial High - added Nov 29, 2010
(11) Sean Daly - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List
- added Dec 3, 2008 to STATE Witness List
(12) Dr. Jeffrey Danziger - Maitland, FL - EXPERT - Forensic psychiatry - added Dec 30, 2010
(13) Ms. Dewitt - no address given - added Nov 29, 2010
(14) Annie Leigh Downing - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - friend of Casey - added Nov 17, 2008 to STATE Witness List - added Aug 30, 2010 to DEFENSE Witness List
(15) Kenneth Drupiewski - Winter Park, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(16) Justin Frederick - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(17) Holly Gagne - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - family friend and former neighbor on 48 Hours with Anthonys - added to DEFENSE Witness List Aug 30, 2010
(18) Lauren Gibbs - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - friend of Casey, former babysitter of Caylee - added Dec 3, 2008 to STATE Witness List
(19) Carlos Goytia - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(20) Jesse Grund - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - Casey ex-boyfriend - added Nov 17, 2008 to STATE Witness List - added Jan 23, 2009 to DEFENSE Witness List
(21) John Haldie - George’s brother-in-law - Bonita Springs, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(22) Sandra Haldie - George’s sister (Sonie) - Bonita Springs, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(23) Shimara Harris - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - added to DEFENSE Witness List August 30, 2010
(24) Mark Hawkins - Palms, CA - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - ex boyfriend of Casey - added Nov 17, 2008 to STATE Witness List - added Jan 23, 2009 to DEFENSE Witness List
(25) Amy Huizenga - ℅ Atty Kirk Kirkconnell - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - ex friend of Casey - check fraud case - added Nov 17, 2008 to STATE Witness List - added Jan 23, 2009 to DEFENSE Witness List
(26) Sharon Christensen-Jones - no address given - added Nov 29, 2010
(27) Stephanie Kostakis - Orlando, FL - friend of Casey “Special K” - added Nov 29, 2010
(28) Dr. Harry Krop - Gainesville, FL - EXPERT - Psychologist - added Dec 30, 2010
(29) Anthony Lazarro - ℅ Atty Will Jay - Tony lives New York - added Nov 29, 2010 Penalty Ph - ex- boyfriend of Casey - added Nov 17, 2008 to STATE Witness List - added Jan 23, 2009 to DEFENSE Witness List
(30) Nathan Lezniewicz - Ft. Pierce, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Ph Witness List - roommate of Anthony Lazzarro - added Dec 3, 2008 to STATE Witness List
(31) Charles Adam Lynch - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(32) Medical Examiner - Orange County - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase List - Dr. Jan Garavaglia - Medical Examiner - EXPERT - added March 23, 2009 to STATE
(33) Daisy Mendez - no address given - added Nov 29, 2010
(34) Earl Meredith - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(35) Mrs. Susan J. Miramonti - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(36) Ricardo Morales - Tampa, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - ex-boyfriend Casey - added Nov 17, 2008 to STATE Witness List - added Jan 23, 2009 to DEFENSE Witness List
(37) Jose Pagan - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(38) Mallory Parker -Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - Lee Anthony girlfriend - added Dec 3, 2008 to STATE Witness List - added Jan 23, 2009 to DEFENSE Witness List
(39) Ryan Pasley - Jacksonville, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - friend of Casey - added Nov 17, 2008 to STATE Witness List
(40) Nicola Peart - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(41) Rene Placentia - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(42) Daniel Plesea - Cindy’s brother - N. Ft. Myers, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(43) Jenna Prentice - no address given - added Nov 29, 2010
(44) Jamie Realander - Oviedo, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - Fusion shot girl - added Dec 3, 2008 to STATE Witness List
(45) Fred Robinson - self-ordained minister - former neighbor - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(46) Anthony Rusciano - Orlando, FL [Anthony lives Massachusetts] - added Nov 29, 2010 - ex-boyfriend Casey - former police - added Dec 3, 2008 to STATE Witness List - added Jan 23, 2009 to DEFENSE Witness List
(47) Corey Scherr - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(48) Carrol Stoner - Winter Garden, FL - added Nov 29, 2010
(49) Christopher Stutz - Orlando, FL - added Nov 29, 2010 to Penalty Phase Witness List - friend of Casey - added Dec 3, 2008 to STATE Witness List

Additional info:

Troy Andrew Brown – He met Casey on 6/5/07 through a friend [Lauren Coppel]. Amy’s former roommate at a house in Oviedo, FL prior to 6/7/08.

Dennis Cavilla - Colonial High School Class of 2000 Alumni

Kristina Marie Chester – Casey’s classmate and friend who babysat Caylee on occasion. Casey babysat her children, also. She last saw Caylee with Casey on 6/12/08 at Lake Underhill Park.

Sean Timothy Daly – a mutual friend of Casey’s and Annie Downing. Graduated Colonial High 2003. Sean has known Casey for about 8 years. He lives at Lake Vaj with his brother, Jonathan and Iassen Donovan. He is currently employed at Cast Iron Tattoo.

Kenneth Drupiewski – Graduated Colonial High in 2003. Casey dated him while attending high school. Friend of Dante Salati, but he had not seen him in 5 yrs. Included among his Myspace friends is a pic of Annie Downing with Caylee.
guy that Jesse mentions in an LE interview that dated Casey before him. He is from Colonial High and has a myspace, he is in the alumni right under Annie, Annie is there in a pic with Caylee.

Lauren Gibbs
– Best friend of Casey’s during Colonial High School years. She babysat Caylee in the Anthony home for the 1st eight months for NO PAY. Lauren stopped watching Caylee when she learned Casey had lied to her about working at the Sports Authority. Instead Casey was out partying.

Stephanie Kostakis – [aka: Special K] a friend of Casey’s. The late Jesus Ortiz was one of Stephanie Kostakis closest friends. She scheduled a jail visit with Casey on 8/3/08. CANCELED

Adam Lynch – (Charles Adam Lynch) - Mutual friend of Chris Stutz and Casey Anthony. Casey and Adam were dating between March 2006 and the Summer/Fall 2006. Cindy said, Adam babysat Caylee in the Anthony home for 3 or 4 days during the summer of 2006. He lived in an apartment near UCF. [Cindy Anthony Depo by Prosecution – 7/28/09] According to Richard Grund, Adam is an ex-cop.

Susan Miramonti, Language Arts at Orange County Public Schools, Orlando, FL - Colonial High School

Ryan Michael Pasley – he has been Casey’s friend since age 5. She had a crush on him since elementary school days. He worked at Sports Authority. Currently attending college and living in Jacksonville, FL. Cindy told him Casey is a “Sociopath.” When Atty. José Baez, asked Ryan about being a character witness for Casey, his response was “I’ll tell you whatever you want to know. I just don’t think it’s going to help your case.”

Jenna Prentice [Prentiss] - Oviedo High School - a series of phone calls and/or text messages between Casey and Jenna Prentice (a shooter girl at Club Voyage) - interviewed by LE Melich

Christopher Luke Stutz – He and Casey dated March – June 2007. They met through one of Chris’ childhood friends, Adam Lynch. Attending FSU in Tallahassee, FL They split up because the long-distance relationship was not working. Casey also maintained a casual relationship with Chris during the May – June 2008 timeframe.

:Welcome1::welcome4::wagon::welcome2:
I think the defense is going to claim Casey was molested and was afraid Caylee was going to be molested (or was already) by George and/or Lee. Remember George's letter to Casey about the questions he was asked by her lawyers, and how hurt he was by it.They are going to claim Casey would rather see Caylee dead than abused. They are calling her former boyfriends to ask them about claims she made to them about abuse.(I personally don't believe the claim, but that's what I think they'll do.)

She didn't do it, but if she did do it wasn't her fault because of x y and z. Oh my. You are probably spot on.

I'd be willing to bet my retirement that those relatives of George's are shocked, shocked to see their names on this list and we will no sooner see them take the stand than the cows will come home. The reason the defense wanted the list sealed, Mrs. Finnell literally already admitted...she feared that if these folks should learn they are on the list or know in advance a subpoena may be coming that they will work toward resisting it. Rut row.

It will be mom, pop, brother , his wife, church lady, organist, Annie and Holly, the local minister and hired shrink...... period. I believe that!

Unfortunately, the morning shows and rag magazines have been on the phone all night offering those relatives this that and the other thing for media (photo rights).......their stories. Let Amy be your guide folks, if that young lady can remain calm and quiet and not sell her story until after the trial......please for the love of God, let her be your guide. Enough circus, let's get on with justice for this innocent baby and have the damn trial!
By the way, the day after the verdict, I am perfectly OK with Amy and Jesse selling their story Amber Frye style....the very day AFTER.
MOO

Out of curiousity, but why the Custodian of Records at her former highschool? From everything most of us have either read or led to believe...she was a credit or so shy (possibly less) and given multiple opportunities (via hard work and possibly summer school?) to make up that credit(s) (or less) and graduate...I don't think it can possibly work in her favor to say, "Well, she almost finished...could have finished but CHOSE not to..."

Oh well. Such is life. Or maybe they just cut and pasted huge chunks of the overall trial witness list in their motion and didn't double check...hence, Mallory Parker is listed twice? WTF? LOL...

That's the one that actually makes the most sense. By all reports she was a reasonably decent student up until the end. So a decent defense attorney arguing mitigation is going to try and raise the question of what changed in her life at that point.

You are kidding me. They have a shooter girl from Club Voyage on the penalty phase list? What in the bloody blue blazes is she going to say about a girl that she shared texts and probably shots with? Wow, this really is throw them all in a hat and pick names. Did Baez and Mason even read this list before submitting it?

I get that people might feel bad and not want her to die. But honestly, if I was testifying against someone I used to know, who glares at me in court and throws me under the bus for the death of her child, I don't know how much I'd want to her to live after that. It's all going to come down to attitude. If all Casey shows in court is how soulless she is to everyone, that penalty phase list is going to get mighty small.

I wouldn't want my worst enemy to die, but Casey...I think she actually deserves to die. Wow, that's a first for me...

They might use employment records including employment awards (employee of the year) but Mike and Heather are not listed. So who will testify to giving Casey this wonderful award?

To add to ThinkTank's work:

Corey Scherr - was at Miller's Ale House with Dante, Brandon, Sean on July 1st and saw Casey there: Interview Dante on page 4.

Oh, and Muzikman, you rock! :rocker:

To add to ThinkTank's work:

- edited -
Cindy and George both tell LE about an evening when Casey's friends gathered at the Anthony home - to discuss time lines. According to them Ricardo was there and George mentions Corey accompanying Ricardo.

Another thing I noticed: they might use employment records including employment awards (employee of the year) but Mike and Heather are not listed. So who will testify to giving Casey this wonderful award?

Oh, and Muzikman, you rock! :rocker:

Corey is all part of the SDaly, CStutz, DSalati crowd:

http://www.myspace.com/talented_tsi

I was looking for something else, and found this
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpf51kjgedE[/ame]

Would the Anthonys have the unbridled hubris to ask the public for help with this afterward? I am ill :maddening::furious::banghead: sick

Perhaps mom and pop will no longer be standing by their daughter enough to care after what she does to them in the penalty phase. "No matter what", may very well stop at their noses.
"I don't really believe that her defense team is going to do anything to jeopardize anything in the future for her," George said. "So ... we have to wait and see what plays out. I don't believe that's going to happen with her."

Both answered with a firm "No" when asked if they'd encourage Casey to accept a plea deal.

"Absolutely not," Cindy said. "I don't think Casey will take a plea deal. Casey is not going to admit for something she hasn't done. We love our daughter. We stand behind her. We know what kind of mother she was."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/04/22/earlyshow/main4961225.shtml

I think that the custodial of the records may show a pattern of KC hiding the bad news from her parents until being forced for the truth to come out and even then denial. If she knew her junior year that she had to make up that final half credit, had meeting with counselors about finishing, and maybe even letters were sent home saying that she was short the credit and at the last minute KC wanted the school to inform her parents, it would show that she was afraid to confront them with the bad news. Remember her parents said that they didn't find out that she wasn't going to graduate until the last minute, but KC may have known for a while. Would show a pattern. Also the record that was released shows a withdrawal code of a W06, which is a Graduated with regular diploma code, so there may be a discrepancy in the school record of if she actually graduated.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haji62
Back