2010.11.30 - Discussion of Documents, re: Rape Allegations, TSY and LJY

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police are investigating whether Zahra was sexually assaulted by two people who were acquaintances of Elisa. Those same people also said they may have hit Zahra in the head but the warrants don't say whether that led to her death. Officers seized a third mattress related to that investigation. It appeared to have evidence supporting the possible sexual assault.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/633403/search-warrants-in-zahra-baker-to-be-released

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I've also noticed in looking through the convictions for both of them that there doesn't seem to be anything that gives validity, at this point, to the allegations in the documents. Not all criminals are sexual deviants towards children. I may be wrong, but right now, unless LE has forensic evidence, it may just be EB trying to throw both of them under the proverbial bus. MOO

BBM

I would think so too, except that the warrant doesn't name EB as the source of the information - rather, it names another party as source.

The only person I see who *might* be being thrown under a bus by EB is AB.

JMO

yep, this thread is to discuss the show and to discuss it, it has to happen first :)

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Search-warrants-in-Zahra-Baker-case-unsealed-111070214.html

According to the documents, the Burke County Sheriff’s Office investigated a claim that Zahra Baker had been killed by one or two men who had raped her at a house in Hildebran. The men--cousins--are related to Baker's ex-husband. The tipster alleged that Zahra had been left at the home, and when her mother returned, the little girl had blood on her private area and legs.
According to the search warrants, one of the men had a relationship with Elisa Baker.
Lewis James Young, one of the two men, tells NewsChannel 36 that, to his knowledge, Zahra Baker, has never been in his house. He says he was questioned for ten hours about the allegation and passed a lie detector test.
When police searched the Burke County home, the warrants indicate a mattress with a dark stain was discovered. Young said, "I had gotten really drunk and urinated on it."
Police did not remove the mattress.
Young said his brief interactions with Zahra at Christmas last year were always good. "She was a very respectful little girl...always happy."
He says he offered his help to the investigators who questioned him. "I told them, I said, 'Guys, whatever I can think of--if I can think of anything else--I'll let you know. I'll help you in any way I can."
A woman who answered Young's cousin's phone hung up when NewsChannel 36 called for comment. Neither man has been arrested.

BBM

I would think so too, except that the warrant doesn't name EB as the source of the information - rather, it names another party as source.

The only person I see who *might* be being thrown under a bus by EB is AB.

JMO
You're right- however, imo, I believe it originates with EB, trying to distance herself from the crime, or what happened to Zahra under her watch. Deja vu, Satsuma. MOO

Snipped:

I hope this is all part of the cover up but why if they were successful in keeping so much sealed - release this information if it appears unsubstantiated?

If LE thinks they had part in the murder/rape - why would they have an obtainable bond?

This may explain why the information was released. The DA waited too long to ask for them to continue to stay sealed. Waited till after the date on the seal expired and the media filed for them to be unsealed.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...15/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Poovey signed an order Tuesday morning, stating “since the sealing orders were signed, the state did not file a motion for their extension. On Monday, Nov. 29th, after media organizations renewed their requests for copies of warrants that were more than 30 days old, the state filed a motion to extend the sealing orders….The court offered to hear that matter on Monday, Nov. 29th, but the state declined and indicated they would not be prepared to have it heard until the week of Dec. 13.”

LE did NOT remove the mattress? huh

This is listed on the website. The live news just came on but we have bad storms here - tornado watches and they are focused on that right now. Sorry if this is OT.

K....it's on Alan Cavanna talking about the search warrants.

Shows a picture of the home. James Young denies raping her. Says he was questioned for 10 hours and passed a lie detector test. He says he had never seen Zhara in the home. When asked about Sammy, he says that EB had a relationship with EB. When asked if Sammy did anything to Zhara he said "I don't know for sure but I would like to think in my mind that he didn't." That was the jest of it all.

Whoops I was typing as the were talking. James Young said that Sammy and Elisa had something going on. He (James) was then asked if he thought Sammy had anything to do with Zhara or her death and he said "I don't know but in my mind I would like to think that he didn't."

Locals be safe!

SNIP

The men--cousins--are related to Baker's ex-husband. The tipster alleged that Zahra had been left at the home, and when her mother returned, the little girl had blood on her private area and legs.

According to the search warrants, one of the men had a relationship with Elisa Baker.

Lewis James Young, one of the two men, tells NewsChannel 36 that, to his knowledge, Zahra Baker, has never been in his house. He says he was questioned for ten hours about the allegation and passed a lie detector

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Search-warrants-in-Zahra-Baker-case-unsealed-111070214.html

From reading agatha's post of records it seems LY has the longer rap sheet. Also, he has a cocaine conviction along with a schedule VI possession as well. Assault on a female - from what I've seen there are 2 - 2 different women. One of those also carries a violation of protective order which means the woman had a restraining order against him already when he assaulted her (probably at least the second time as she had sought a restraining order in the first place)

He (LY) also has a hit and run on his record. This guy is just plain bad news. Also, isn't this the one that the local 11 o'clock news is going to interview? That should be good.

I agree, Owl. This guy is trouble.

One other small point to add, but I think worth noting:

This charge: DRUG PARA - USE/POSSESS (PRINCIPAL)

This does give us specific evidence that LJY has a history of drug abuse. (Not that any of us thought for a minute that he didn't... still .. now there is documentation.) IMHO this could lend support to the theory of rape for drugs. This guy's obviously got access to drugs (or at least did at the time of conviction.)

MOO

Yep, story just ran on WLOS news in Asheville. James didn't seem too certain about his cousin Sammy from my take on it. Video link is not up here yet.

Guess we wait and see.

I know I'm a notorious cynic, but for some reason, I actually believe LJYoung.

Or maybe I've just seen so many terrible liars in this case, that a good liar catches me off guard. Who knows?

So why would these other people report this if it wasn't true? They don't like the Youngs??? I'm not getting it I guess.

That's a pretty wild allegation to be throwing out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member