2010.12.10 - Hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished watching yesterday's hearing, loved HJBP. He did not entertain bickering, nor did he lose his composure. Very professional, swift, more than fair ruling.

I was actually really surprised to hear him spewing his nonsense ("I don't know why we're here." "We're inconveniencing everyone because Mr. Ashton couldn't pick up the phone." (both paraphrased)) after receiving 'the look.' He should have known that HHJP was in no mood for his garbage, yet he couldn't control the verbal diarrhea. (I'm sure he thought, going in, that he would impress everyone with his witty remarks.)

bbm
So was I..considering Judge Perry's statement from the last hearing and his Order.

Judge Perry did not want the exchange of Expert Witness Discovery via verbal communication he wanted the Discovery handed over in writing..

Then what does Baez do...he sends an EMAIL...instead of a properly Filed Pleading...that is subject to Florida's Sunshine Laws..

Picking up the phone and calling Baez is NOT what Judge Perry ordered and IMO, yes I believe, Baez was defying the court order.

Jeff Ashton told Baez in the emails he would seek clarification from the court..
Baez was forewarned.

This is the first time I've seen her hair looking clean. I think she recently got a shower and had it down to show it off. Next hearing, it will be dirty and back up in a bun.

Not only was it clean it was full of "product" to make it look like it had volume, so it's obvious her team are working behind the scenes to make her look more attractive to the public. I think we can expect more of the same until trial.

Now if only they could work on that grin and obvious excitement mirrored in her face every time she enters court.

Agreed.

Given the track record of the Defense there is NO way if I was JA that I'd be calling JB to obtain info.

JB wants to keep things informal, off the record and, verbal since he can deny the conversation or change it at will, jerking the SA around while preserving his deniability.

The only professional thing is to put these things in formal writing -- not email -- on-the-record but JB's style is to just play games.

As I stated upthread, even formally written and filed I still think JB is going to 'fluff' and play games.

The only way to stop him is to make it a requirement that whatever is written is only what can be used in court -- without change. That will never fly so it opens the door for JB to play fast and loose and even intentionally mislead.

bbm
I agree,
He denied or did not remember the conversations when PI Casey accused him and complained to the Bar and also the phone calls with the message about recording the conversation with prison inmate Adams

bbm
So was I..considering Judge Perry's statement from the last hearing and his Order.

Judge Perry did not want the exchange of Expert Witness Discovery via verbal communication he wanted the Discovery handed over in writing..

Then what does Baez do...he sends an EMAIL...instead of a properly Filed Pleading...that is subject to Florida's Sunshine Laws..

Picking up the phone and calling Baez is NOT what Judge Perry ordered and IMO, yes I believe, Baez was defying the court order.

Jeff Ashton told Baez in the emails he would seek clarification from the court..
Baez was forewarned.

Respectfully bold and blue by me...

What gets me is not so much THAT he is defying the order, it's HOW he's doing it--skirting around it; probably thinking in his twitty little head that email is a form of writing after all... yeah Jose, right up there with tweeting and texting in terms of formality. That's it, maybe he will tweet the reports in on Dec. 23!

(And re: the inmate's hair, good point by the OP's friend that they are trying to make her seem childlike and by analogy innocent :sick:... it also may signal to other inmates where she falls on the sexuality curve, YKWIM?)

:cow: and :wave: hi Intermezzo!

Video Report - Baez after today's hearing!

http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=...wsvideo/cfn/1210CaseyHearing_121020101047.flv

He's explaining why today was such a waste and how much it cost!

It wouldn't have been a huge waste of MY taxpayer dollars Mr Baez if YOU would have understood AND followed Judge Perry's Order in the FIRST PLACE.

YOU, Mr Baez wasted MY taxpayer dollars
WHY did YOU not pick up the phone and call Judge Perry's office for clarification?
Jeff Ashton forewarned you that he would seek clarification from the Court...you were given the opportunity to properly follow Judge Perry's Order...YOU FAILED to do so.

This waste of time, money and resources you speak of to the media is ALL YOUR FAULT!

:twocents:

don't you websleuths know, kc is getting
her hair ready for her next "no clothes" party,
circa 2035!

Yeppers! He had his back square against JA prior to the hearing -very purposeful looking to me as if to shun him. But most telling was the foreshawdowing of the umbrella! The bailiff took his umbrella and put it in the corner prior to the hearing starting. Almost like JP did to JB in the hearing - put him in the corner! I think the bailiff deserves a bonus for keeping JB from tossing that umbrella like a javelin and hurting his Honor!

I thought his butt dragging/swiveling the chair around behind JA catching motes or butterflies or whatever and summarily disposing of them, after court had begun, and when JA had begun to speak, was very disrespectful.

I thought his butt dragging/swiveling the chair around behind JA catching motes or butterflies or whatever and summarily disposing of them, after court had begun, and when JA had begun to speak, was very disrespectful.

Mr. Baez cannot it seems, resist the urge to act like a petulant 12 year old at any given opportunity. :loser:

Nope he can't! sooo disrespectful to the court AND the prosecutors and definitely not what is spelled out in the courtroom rules of decorum that Judge Perry referred to at the start of him taking over ... I couldn't believe Jose responded the way he did to the judge at the end of the hearing ... he barely mumble/shook his head in response to the judge and was sitting in his chair when he did !!... of course, Ashton stood and clearly said Yes in response ...

I'm hoping that JP will be enforcing these rules during the trial and if you ask me, Jose should really start practicing now ...

Maybe I should listen to the video once more because it appeared to me HHJP
held both the defense and the prosecution at fault which was dissappointing to say the
least. Please tell me I misunderstood.

I would like to add to my post though that JA did get exactly what he wanted from JB and for that I am extremely happy.

Why does most of the media seem to be so pro-defense? Baez got a smack-down today from Judge Perry yet this cfnews13 report makes no mention of it. That whole news report is slanted towards the defense IMO. Why? I don't get it.

ITA ... my theory is since reporters know they're not going to get any interviews or statements from the prosecutors/LE, they handle Jose with kid gloves so they can remain on good terms with the defense for future interviews ...

I just posted on TCD a while ago about it after reading her headline which was by far the most accurate one of the day:

The Caylee Daily:

Casey Anthony Case - "Prosecutors" Win Today In Court

These were the other headlines that left me scratching my head ...

WFTV
Judge: Both Sides Must Give Expert Info In Casey Case

WESH
Reports Ordered On Experts In Anthony Case
Prosecutors Seek More Info From Casey Anthony's Defense Team

cfNews13
Casey Anthony's defense and state to swap information on expert witnesses SWAP? ... seriously?

ClickOrlando
Casey Anthony Appears For Court Hearing
Mom Remains Jailed On Murder Charges In Death Of Caylee Anthony

(This won gets the booby prize!)

Sentinel
Judge orders Casey Anthony's defense, prosecutors to detail expert testimony

My Fox Orlando
Anthony judge sets deadline for experts

:waitasec:

It's really not that complicated ... the prosecutors filed the motion asking the judge to give them exactly what the judge ended up giving them (and then some) ... that's a WIN in my book!

Respectfully bold and blue by me...

What gets me is not so much THAT he is defying the order, it's HOW he's doing it--skirting around it; probably thinking in his twitty little head that email is a form of writing after all... yeah Jose, right up there with tweeting and texting in terms of formality. That's it, maybe he will tweet the reports in on Dec. 23!

(And re: the inmate's hair, good point by the OP's friend that they are trying to make her seem childlike and by analogy innocent :sick:... it also may signal to other inmates where she falls on the sexuality curve, YKWIM?)

:cow: and :wave: hi Intermezzo!

Hi back :wave:

held both the defense and the prosecution at fault which was dissappointing to say the

Well, he asks JA if he had reports, how many and if the defense were in possession of them. JA confirmed all experts who were going to testify had completed reports and that the defense had the reports.

HHJP said ALL experts who have not filed a report need to have certain information on record. Only the defense has not supplied this and now is ordered to do so by the 23rd of Dec. Obviously this applies to both sides but only the defense is in violation. HHJP is being scrupulously fair as indeed he has to be.

At least thats my take on it :angel:

Missed this....but saw clips on HLN...talking heads talking smack saying they don't see this as a DP case...JMHO

<<<<<article snipped>>>>>

Last month, Judge Perry ordered Baez to hand over a detailed list of what his expert witnesses would be testifying too, but assistant state attorney Jeffrey Ashton says that list wasn't good enough.

But Judge Perry wasn't going to waste much time on the back and forth bickering over the subject and issued an order that applies to both sides.

""Where experts have not prepared reports of examinations or tests, both the state and the defense are required to provide the following … the expert's curriculum vitae, qualifications of experts, the expert's field of expertise or medical specialty, a statement of the specific subjects upon which the expert will testify and offer opinions, the substance of the facts to which the expert is expected to testify, and last but not least, a summary of the expert's opinion and grounds for each opinion … All of this must be completed by 3pm on December 23."
http://www.wftv.com/orangecounty/26089105/detail.html

Baez needs to have his hand held through every step. He doesn't know why we're here??? Is he serious...he is playing tit for tat with JA, they both don't like each other, IMO...His Honor had to lay down the law for Baez...what he expects and how to accomplish this with the experts that do not provide reports...Seems this bit Baez in the butt..he was trying to be slick, IMO by not providing the SA with expert testimony, like JA should wing it...so he now has to summarize what his experts will testify to...Good job Baez! Get cracking..JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Yeppers, been waiting for Judge P to lay the law. DP cases require the above. While I don't think KC will get DP, just depends on the jury, certain standards must be in place from defense and state.

Yes and no. The judge is holding them both to the same standard. They both have some work to do.

BUT

depending on whom you believe, JA has either 20 witnesses with 13 completed reports (according to Baez - JA says maybe all but one have done reports who are giving expert testimony). But Baez has about 20 experts and NONE of them have done reports yet.

What I have noticed is that Judge Perry, being the professional that he is, does not single out one side or the other.

Everything he says applies to both sides..no favoritism, regardless of who it is truly intended for.

Remember, this was the State's Motion for Clarification on the Defense's listing of Expert Witnesses...and Judge Perry laid out to the Defense (also included the State, no favoritism) on how he wants the exchange of Discovery handled.

Nope he can't! sooo disrespectful to the court AND the prosecutors and definitely not what is spelled out in the courtroom rules of decorum that Judge Perry referred to at the start of him taking over ... I couldn't believe Jose responded the way he did to the judge at the end of the hearing ... he barely mumble/shook his head in response to the judge and was sitting in his chair when he did !!... of course, Ashton stood and clearly said Yes in response ...

I'm hoping that JP will be enforcing these rules during the trial and if you ask me, Jose should really start practicing now ...

I forgive Mr. Baez the lack of a proper response, he seemed stunned and unable to get to his feet...he looked like he was going to burst into tears. Poor guy, totally gob smacked. :angel: sarcasm alert of course !!!

I was able to attend the hearing yesterday . It was all of 15 minutes. Noticed that cindy appeared to not have on ring. When her hand was touching her face i did not see any jewelry on left hand. I did notice her shaking her head no when I was in courtroom as ashton spoke. Casey shook head no also. Not many in court room . Noticed the police were very intense in listening to ashton and jose speak. I bet they thought wow- its all going to be cut the bullcrap for anyone who thinks they are smarter than judge perry-lol.
After hearing a reporter asked so what do you gals think ?I was with a friend who never was at a hearing. I laughed and said I am one of those bloggers Ashton thinks will correct him-lol. I am also a published author.He asked if i thought she was guilty and I avoided the reply as i would never say yes or no to anyone in public eye. He told me george may not be living at home as he saw him in a fast food place not near his home taking out food. No big deal to me - I take out food-lol.he asked me if i know where george is living- i said no do you?lol

My friend could not believe how long casey hair was as she has not followed case. she said her hairs so shiny she must have good products from commisary! she said do you think people send her money? i said yes they do. She commented that she was surprised . It was refreshing to hear my friends opinion as shes not a blogger and hardly knows the case. makes me wonder how jury will feel as she is not someone who heard the details. she did not even recognize who cindy was. If a juror is someone like her it will prove not everyone has the history of the case.

Reporters tried to corner cindy and jose. marble mouth got in the lights of camera but I have not yet seen it on film. Two dollar parking fee for me-lol. ok - next scolding scheduled soon for some!!

Thank you for your observations.
Do you know which news station the reporter was with, who talked to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nancydrewmom