2010.12.10 - Hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, I can't take all the credit. When I was rewatching the hearing, it happened to stop to buffer at that exact instant...and it paused long enough for me to capture it. It really was much better full-screen, though.

Celestial bodies guiding? Planets aligning? Awfully good spot to buffer at!

HEARING UNCUT: Watch The 12/10/10 Casey Hearing: http://www.wftv.com/video/26093706/index.html

At about 4 minutes in, JA starts to talk about Freeman and what his expertise is in. He says he doesn't see how it applies to this case as it has to do with diseases. You guys remember the Law and Order SVU episode that was supposedly loosely based on this case? Turned out the little girl had actually died from the measles. Is Baez getting his defense from a television show??????

http://www.wftv.com/video/26093706/index.html (Approx 6:45 to 7:20)

Quote Baez "I quite frankly don't know why we are here. I had, upon submitting the - my - the subject matter of what each witness was gonna testify to, I saw the response from Mr. Ashton that he was not content with-with my answers. So then I FILLED IN A LITTLE OF THE BLANKS. I gave a more descriptive version of what they may testify to on the specific issues that they are involved in."

Baez admits that there were BLANKS that needed filling after his compliance? So he filled in a LITTLE of them(after he was challenged by Ashton)?. But still doesn't know "why we are here? :waitasec:

Freudian slip (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dict.asp?Word=Freudian+slip)noun
(Psychology) any action, such as a slip of the tongue, that may reveal an unconscious thought.

I was actually really surprised to hear him spewing his nonsense ("I don't know why we're here." "We're inconveniencing everyone because Mr. Ashton couldn't pick up the phone." (both paraphrased)) after receiving 'the look.' He should have known that HHJP was in no mood for his garbage, yet he couldn't control the verbal diarrhea. (I'm sure he thought, going in, that he would impress everyone with his witty remarks.)

Oh totally can't control his mouth which plays right into the prosecutors hands, know thine enemy!

Baez's hubris knows no bounds, right. What do you think Baez hears when Judge Perry speaks? Dolphin squeaks, martian dialect?

One thing you must do when representing people is to listen, you have to be a good listener.

Judge Perry said at the very beginning "was it an email or was it a file pleading?" that should have been Baez's first and only clue. For Baez to start spouting that ridiculous rhetoric of how Mr Aston should have picked up a phone and called him, is beyond my comprehension.

Here it is for Baez ----because I'm sure you still don't get it and we know you read here.

IN WRITING - FILE PLEADING WITH THE COURT.

--respectfully snipped

What should have happened is Baez should have turned over to the SA the discovery previously ordered (specific info on experts - and yes, the professional way would have been a hard copy instead of an email) then he needed to file a Notice with the clerk stating what he supplied. The actual docs didn't need to be filed, but Baez needed to file a Notice that he had turned them over.

This wouldn't have been a big deal at all if JB wasn't trying to play "expert by ambush".

Thanks for clarifying Beachy. Didn't you just love the comment from Baez "we have nothing to hide"

WTH? Really?

Baez and his ever decreasing bunch of unhappy men and women have done nothing but hide things from the state.

What happened to the JAC? Weren't they supposed to be discussing extra funds for court reporter fees?

holy carp, I read your post really fast and got a mental picture of Baez with a mullet. "Quite frankly, your honor, my hair is business in the front, party in the back."

Scary.

LOL! Well that works for me too.

good question, zsa zsa. I'm guessing this hearing only covered ashton's motion because it was time-sensitive, and the other stuff will be dealt with on the 20th (or 21st)?

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! STOP! Please take this back. I live in Fort Myers! Isn't it bad enough that I was born in Warren, Ohio @ the same hospital George and Cindy met at? Please cut me some slack! PLEASE!

Love Judge Perry by the way!

Ut oh! That's some bad goo-goo. You may want to check who is at your door when the bell rings. lol
:angel:

I saw Casey smirk when JA said bloggers would correct his definition of an expert. She rolled her eyes with sarcasm. Little twit.

I was actually really surprised to hear him spewing his nonsense ("I don't know why we're here." "We're inconveniencing everyone because Mr. Ashton couldn't pick up the phone." (both paraphrased)) after receiving 'the look.' He should have known that HHJP was in no mood for his garbage, yet he couldn't control the verbal diarrhea. (I'm sure he thought, going in, that he would impress everyone with his witty remarks.)

"or shoot me an email..." ummmm didn't JA try several times to clarify via email only to get snarky middle school replies?

I am in tears right now. At 9:05 in the video....JB says there are all there because Mr. Ashton couldn't pick up a phone and call. At that precise moment...Mr. Ashton has his blackberry in hand and is putting it away after texting.

How's that for karma??????????

ashton phone.JPG

CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.wftv.com/video/26093706/index.html (Approx 6:45 to 7:20)

Quote Baez "I quite frankly don't know why we are here. I had, upon submitting the - my - the subject matter of what each witness was gonna testify to, I saw the response from Mr. Ashton that he was not content with-with my answers. So then I FILLED IN A LITTLE OF THE BLANKS. I gave a more descriptive version of what they may testify to on the specific issues that they are involved in."

Baez admits that there were BLANKS that needed filling after his compliance? So he filled in a LITTLE of them(after he was challenged by Ashton)?. But still doesn't know "why we are here? :waitasec:

Freudian slip (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dict.asp?Word=Freudian+slip)noun
(Psychology) any action, such as a slip of the tongue, that may reveal an unconscious thought.

That "of what they may testify to" really got to me with the operative word being "may".

I have no doubt no matter what JB ends up providing it will be designed to mislead the prosecution. Causing the SA to waste time that could be better spent and no one will know until the actual trial is in progress.

At about 4 minutes in, JA starts to talk about Freeman and what his expertise is in. He says he doesn't see how it applies to this case as it has to do with diseases. You guys remember the Law and Order SVU episode that was supposedly loosely based on this case? Turned out the little girl had actually died from the measles. Is Baez getting his defense from a television show??????

Instead of the other way around? Instead of Ripped from the Headlines, it's ripped from a script? Waaaiiitt a minute...:waitasec:

Holy Mackerel!!

What happened to ole Georgie boy? The is the second no show. Has he finally seen the light and moved out?

What happened to the JAC? Weren't they supposed to be discussing extra funds for court reporter fees?

But didn't defense already go down this road once before and the answer was no from JAC. I think JB is under the impression that because JB passed his bar exam that he knows what he is doing. That when the judge issues an order that JB fully understands what he is suppose to do, NOT, mind you, NOT depend on JA to call JB up on the phone and explain exactly what the judge meant. I think Judge Perry was quite upset with JB today because JB made defense look very unprofessional and even though the judge has been trying to guide JB along in court up until now, this time JB fell flat on his face and still did not know enough to take responsibility for his actions.

If this goes to trial I will be very surprised. JB is just not trial material. Judge Perry will have to issue JB a "bark collar" with the judge holding the remote. I don't see it happening, I just don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18