2011.01.04 Defense Motion to Suppress Casey's Statements to LE

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Pfft, how? Jeffrey Michael Hopkins car was wrecked in an accident heading to Pensicola (but he's fine) and Juliette Lewis just scored a Hollywood film, so she was off for a few months.
Without access to the flying Delorean from the Back to the Future ride, how the heck was she supposed to hoof it back to Hope Spring?
She was hoping to run into Zenaida at Universal with Caylee (they did go there sometimes you know). Surely Zenaida would give her a ride home, she was a very generous Nanny.

I must not be reading this motion correctly.
To me CM is alleging she was handcuffed/arrested/seized just after the deputies arrived on the evening of July 15. So, after CA calls three times and they arrive, she was placed into handcuffs right then, after they confronted her?
I don't recall any confrontation. Everyone filled out reports. ICA and her brother were in the garage by themselves...
Reading this it sounds as if she was handcuffed before YM ever arrived on scene.
Hopefully it will come out during this hearing just how and when ICA was handcuffed/arrested/seized in the evening hours of July 15.

Also, CM is alleging that Yuri picked KC up for the trip to Universal; he didn't. I'm not even sure that matters, but it grates on me how factually wrong CM's motions are.

My eyes bugged out when I read his claim that KC got the Bella Vita tattoo two weeks after Caylee was reported missing.

Also, CM is alleging that Yuri picked KC up for the trip to Universal; he didn't. I'm not even sure that matters, but it grates on me how factually wrong CM's motions are.

My eyes bugged out when I read his claim that KC got the Bella Vita tattoo two weeks after Caylee was reported missing.

It is maddening, the literary license he takes.

At the bond hearing..did Yuri reveal she was now a Person of Interest?

Yes he did, towards the end LDB asked him if ICA was a suspect and he replies that she is a person of interest.

Mr. Mason is either forgetting or disbelieves that initially we had a quest meant to be cooperative, with both police and ICA trying to find Caylee. ICA aborted that search with her lies.

I don't understand why the jury won't hear both interviews. During the first interview Casey sets up all her lies about the SIM card and work phone, her job as an event coordinator, dropping Caylee off at Sawgrass just like any normal day, Zenaida disappearing, meeting Zenaida through Jeffrey Hopkins, looking for Caylee at familiar places such as the Park, etc. YM asks Casey if she would have any problems driving with him to show him where she dropped off Caylee, where Zenaida's mom lives, etc. Casey agrees.

http://www.wftv.com/video/17458685/index.html

Yuri checks all the facts Casey gave him and he finds out she lied about everything so he gives her another chance to tell him the truth. The key is Casey admits the reason they are at Universal is because SHE brought them there. In fact she repeatedly agrees that she brought them to Universal. She admits she is at Universal willingly and that she is absolutely there to help find Caylee. She admits no one is forcing her to talk to them. She says again that she at Universal because she wants them to help find her daughter. She agrees that they are at Universal to go to her office to help find clues/evidence that might lead to Caylee. The detectives give her chance after chance to say an accident happened, begging for the truth while she is supposedly fully cooperating with them. Then she finally admits that she brought them to Universal to see if security has seen Caylee. From a detective's point of view they have a mother who says she wants their help, she wants them to find Caylee, and she wants to help them.

http://www.wftv.com/video/17461496/index.html

It seems crazy to me that a jury wouldn't hear Casey's lies. She is clearly not coerced or scared of the detectives.

I hope our legal system doesn't come down to a game of words. The detectives told her the door was unlocked, implying she was free to go. She was the one who insisted on their help. But most of all, she was the one who brought the detectives to Universal in the first place.

IMO

Can anyone answer Solace's question above?

Is that the IM exchange in the early morning of July16?
I read the exchange between the 2, can't find it now, but I don't remember the "being handcuffed part"

Have been looking....Still looking.

6:48 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “Im so sorry for not telling you what happened..weobviously need to talk. I need you..and i love you more than you know”
6:50 am TL sends KC a text message that reads “Where is caylee?”
6:50 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “I honestly dont know..”
6:53 am TL sends KC a text message that reads “I don’t know…. R u serious?.. When did u find out?”
6:53 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “Ive been filing reports all night and driving around with multiple officers looking at old apartments i had taken her to. Everything. I am t”
6:54 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “Too long. Lets just leave it at that.”
6:57 am TL sends KC a text message that reads “Y wouldn’t u tell me of all people I was ur boyfriend that cares about you and ur daughter. Dosn’t make sense to me. Why would u lie to me th”
6:59 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “I lied to everyone. What was i supposed to say? I trust my daughter with some psycho. How does that look?”
7:01 am TL sends KC a text message that reads “Idk what to say.. I just hope your daughter is okay and I’m gonna do whatever I can do to help ur family and the cops.”
7:01 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “I was put in handcuffs for almost 10 minutes and sat in the back of a cop car. The best thing and the most important person in my life is mi”
7:02 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “I am the dubest person and the worst mother. I honestly hate myself”
7:03 am KC sends Tl a text message that reads “The most important thing is getting caylee back but i truly hope that you can forgive me..granted i will never be able to forgive myself..no”
7:04 am TL sends KC a text message that reads “Who is this zanny nanny person”
7:06 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “Someone i had net through a mutual friend almost 4 years ago. She used to be my buddy jeffs nanny before she became mine”
7:09 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “Im scared”
7:12 am TL sends KC a text message that reads “R u home?”
7:13 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “Yeah. Almost 12 hours of stuff. Finally getting a shower. I feel like [edited out]”
7:15 am TL sends KC a text message that reads “Where did u drop off caylee last time u saw her?”
7:17 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “At her apartment. At the bottom stairs”
7:17 am TL sends KC a text message that reads “Where?!”
7:18 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “Sawgrass apartments”
7:19 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “Have told and showed the police the apartment.”

More at:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/casey-anthony-murder-trial/timeline-and-discovery/

:shakehead: :pullhair: :waitasec: :pinocchio: :nono:

That ten minutes when she says she was in handcuffs in the back of a cop car... isn't it likely that it was when she was being transferred from the Police Station over to the Jail?

It seems crazy to me that a jury wouldn't hear Casey's lies. She is clearly not coerced or scared of the detectives.

I hope our legal system doesn't come down to a game of words. The detectives told her the door was unlocked, implying she was free to go. She was the one who insisted on their help. But most of all, she was the one who brought the detectives to Universal in the first place.

IMO

Do not worry... the jury is going to hear Casey's lies... they just aren't going to hear detectives confront Casey about her lies. That is all the Universal interview is... it's detectives confronting Casey about her lies. I agree that it helps to be able to hear Casey, in her own voice, lie so freely, but it is what it is.

I don't think they will get the interview at Hopespring Drive thrown out. I have no legal argument to back that up, I just don't think they can prove that she was "in custody." She was giving a verbal statement... confirming for detectives and the record that her written statement was accurate. That is my opinion on that one! Even if the Hopespring Drive interview gets thrown out, we still have her written statement... which contains a good dose of all her lies about Caylee's whereabouts and what had happened to her.

Now, I will start spitting nails if they get the phone call Casey made to her house the day she was arrested thrown out! I think it is important for a jury to hear how Casey wanted to talk to her "boyyyyy-friend" that "I haven't gotten a chance to talk to today."

Yes, Casey is so concerned about not being able to talk to Tony for, maybe, 12 hours... yet her two-year-old baby has been missing for 31 days and all she can say when asked about Caylee... A waste... a huge waste!

6:48 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “Im so sorry for not telling you what happened..weobviously need to talk. I need you..and i love you more than you know”
6:50 am TL sends KC a text message that reads “Where is caylee?”
6:50 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “I honestly dont know..”
6:53 am TL sends KC a text message that reads “I don’t know…. R u serious?.. When did u find out?”
6:53 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “Ive been filing reports all night and driving around with multiple officers looking at old apartments i had taken her to. Everything. I am t”
6:54 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “Too long. Lets just leave it at that.”
6:57 am TL sends KC a text message that reads “Y wouldn’t u tell me of all people I was ur boyfriend that cares about you and ur daughter. Dosn’t make sense to me. Why would u lie to me th”
6:59 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “I lied to everyone. What was i supposed to say? I trust my daughter with some psycho. How does that look?”
7:01 am TL sends KC a text message that reads “Idk what to say.. I just hope your daughter is okay and I’m gonna do whatever I can do to help ur family and the cops.”
7:01 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “I was put in handcuffs for almost 10 minutes and sat in the back of a cop car. The best thing and the most important person in my life is mi”
7:02 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “I am the dubest person and the worst mother. I honestly hate myself”
7:03 am KC sends Tl a text message that reads “The most important thing is getting caylee back but i truly hope that you can forgive me..granted i will never be able to forgive myself..no”
7:04 am TL sends KC a text message that reads “Who is this zanny nanny person”
7:06 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “Someone i had net through a mutual friend almost 4 years ago. She used to be my buddy jeffs nanny before she became mine”
7:09 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “Im scared”
7:12 am TL sends KC a text message that reads “R u home?”
7:13 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “Yeah. Almost 12 hours of stuff. Finally getting a shower. I feel like [edited out]”
7:15 am TL sends KC a text message that reads “Where did u drop off caylee last time u saw her?”
7:17 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “At her apartment. At the bottom stairs”
7:17 am TL sends KC a text message that reads “Where?!”
7:18 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “Sawgrass apartments”
7:19 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “Have told and showed the police the apartment.”

More at:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/casey-anthony-murder-trial/timeline-and-discovery/

Okay, if the only person we have saying Casey was put in handcuffs is Casey while she is talking to her obviously upset boyfriend... I'm sorry... she was just trying to get attention for herself! Don't believe her! AT ALL!

That ten minutes when she says she was in handcuffs in the back of a cop car... isn't it likely that it was when she was being transferred from the Police Station over to the Jail?

I think she sent that text message to Tony about the handcuffs many hours before she was arrested.

Okay, if the only person we have saying Casey was put in handcuffs is Casey while she is talking to her obviously upset boyfriend... I'm sorry... she was just trying to get attention for herself! Don't believe her! AT ALL!

Completely agree. I need independent verification, or else I simply don't believe her. She just wanted Tony to feel sorry for her, IMO. :furious:

Completely agree. I need independent verification, or else I simply don't believe her. She just wanted Tony to feel sorry for her, IMO. :furious:

ITA! All he was talking about was her daughter.
It is like she's saying, "Hey! What about me?! I was handcuffed for ten minutes and pistol whipped..."

ITA! All he was talking about was her daughter.
It is like she's saying, "Hey! What about me?! I was handcuffed for ten minutes and pistol whipped..."

I did not notice that. Good catch. TL says, "I hope your daughter is all right" and KC immediately goes into defensive mode, "I was handcuffed....." bringing the attention back on her. I hope they use this in court. It speaks volumes. jmo

I don't believe KC either. Not for a moment. She might be telling the truth, but how in hell are we supposed to distinguish the snow flake of truth from the blizzard of lies.

Will the Universal Q&A get tossed anyway...that's up to HHJP, but it won't, imo, be because he believes she was "in custody" but because of appellate issues.

Just my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poohgirl2001w
Back