2011.01.04 Defense Motion to Suppress Casey's Statements to LE

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good point, Mendara and Chefmom.

The motion also alleges that:
2. Upon confrontation, the defendant was taken into custody and handcuffed by members of the Sheriff's Department despite having no probable cause, no warrant, and having no exigent evidence that would justify a warrantless arrest.

Except for the three phone calls made by CA, claiming grand theft auto, stealing money, etc.

I bet if they cuffed her it was because of Cindy and then they released her after the situation calmed down. But I think we can safely assume she wasn't cuffed at all.

6:48 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “Im so sorry for not telling you what happened..weobviously need to talk. I need you..and i love you more than you know”
6:50 am TL sends KC a text message that reads “Where is caylee?”
6:50 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “I honestly dont know..”
6:53 am TL sends KC a text message that reads “I don’t know…. R u serious?.. When did u find out?”
6:53 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “Ive been filing reports all night and driving around with multiple officers looking at old apartments i had taken her to. Everything. I am t”
6:54 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “Too long. Lets just leave it at that.”
6:57 am TL sends KC a text message that reads “Y wouldn’t u tell me of all people I was ur boyfriend that cares about you and ur daughter. Dosn’t make sense to me. Why would u lie to me th”
6:59 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “I lied to everyone. What was i supposed to say? I trust my daughter with some psycho. How does that look?”
7:01 am TL sends KC a text message that reads “Idk what to say.. I just hope your daughter is okay and I’m gonna do whatever I can do to help ur family and the cops.”
7:01 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “I was put in handcuffs for almost 10 minutes and sat in the back of a cop car. The best thing and the most important person in my life is mi”
7:02 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “I am the dubest person and the worst mother. I honestly hate myself”
7:03 am KC sends Tl a text message that reads “The most important thing is getting caylee back but i truly hope that you can forgive me..granted i will never be able to forgive myself..no”
7:04 am TL sends KC a text message that reads “Who is this zanny nanny person”
7:06 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “Someone i had net through a mutual friend almost 4 years ago. She used to be my buddy jeffs nanny before she became mine”
7:09 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “Im scared”
7:12 am TL sends KC a text message that reads “R u home?”
7:13 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “Yeah. Almost 12 hours of stuff. Finally getting a shower. I feel like [edited out]”
7:15 am TL sends KC a text message that reads “Where did u drop off caylee last time u saw her?”
7:17 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “At her apartment. At the bottom stairs”
7:17 am TL sends KC a text message that reads “Where?!”
7:18 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “Sawgrass apartments”
7:19 am KC sends TL a text message that reads “Have told and showed the police the apartment.”

More at:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/casey-anthony-murder-trial/timeline-and-discovery/

Thanks sooo much Numbers..

This text exchanged was after coming home from voluntarily going with LE to look at apartments she had taken Caylee to and filing out statements.

She hadn't gone on the Universal tour yet...

I can't decide if she is telling the truth (I know long shot) or lied to play on TL's emotions...

She opens with I need you and love you more than you know....:sick: like trying to softened him up...

The texts are mostly about her..every now and then she inserts Caylee but only because TL is upset and questions her...so she must show she is concerned...:rolleyes:

Oh and IMO the most classic part is that after being finally found by Cindy, forced to reveal Caylee is "missing" and her family and LE is involved she decides to try to cover her butt and sends out a Caylee is missing mass text.

:twocents:

BBM

Ooooh! Good point, Mendara! This would be a good arguing point for the SA to use to try to keep these tapes in. "Your Honor, IF the defendant was cuffed for 10 minutes, and we would ask that the court keep in mind that there is no evidence other than the statement of the defense team that this ever occurred, we would like to remind the defense and your Honor that not only were LE responding to a 911 call of a reported missing child, but also that a theft of money had occurred and a vehicle had been stolen. These things were clearly stated on the 911 calls by Mrs. A herself, asking for her daughter to be arrested. Therefore, your Honor, we would state that IF any of the responding officers did indeed place ICA in handcuffs for, what, I believe she states herself in a text message that it was only for 10 minutes, that the officer was acting in good faith by cuffing her, only to remove the cuffs minutes later after learning there would be no charges filed by the mother, CA. Everything that came after that was in regards to finding her "missing" daughter. Therefore, the Universal trip interviews should be allowed in. Thank you."

I agree, good point. Also, I think George told LE that he took the battery out of the car so Casey couldn't leave. I don't know the timing of the events but if (and that's a big if) she was cuffed, they may have been afraid she would flee the scene after hearing George's concerns. She was accused of so many crimes that night, stealing money, stolen car, missing child, the popo probably had a heck of a time sorting things out and making sure she didn't disappear.

Anyone know what "mi" is. KC says that is the most important thing...

I read that as more "woe is me" from KC--"The best thing and most important person in my life is mi ssing and they had the gall to treat me like a common criminal! ME!!!! Can you believe that???"

(Italics are totally my speculation. Tho I do appreciate the irony that "mi" is so close to "me," not to mention it literally means "mine" in Spanish....)

Okay, if the only person we have saying Casey was put in handcuffs is Casey while she is talking to her obviously upset boyfriend... I'm sorry... she was just trying to get attention for herself! Don't believe her! AT ALL!

So true...
I now believe she was only trying to get Tony to be sympathetic to her, to soften him up because he was definitely upset with her.

She knew he was upset and tried to smooth things over with him and she still had him on her mind after she was arrested(as we heard on the first jailhouse telephone call home) and wanted to smooth things over with him...forget about her daughter, and her family and friends who were frantic over finding missing 2 year old Caylee.

I
(Italics are totally my speculation. Tho I do appreciate the irony that "mi" is so close to "me," not to mention it literally means "mine" in Spanish....)

Fascinating. And she spoke Spanglish according to Cindy. Subconcious cannot lie. Can't do it.

Why would the first officers on the scene put amother whose child is missing in handcuffs and in the back of a car?

Was it because Cinday ANTHONY told them she had stolen her car????? MO

If not - I think the handcuff thing is a huge lie.

bbm
that's what I thought..
The first Officers that responded may have been because of that first 911 call.
Cindy told 911 that she wanted Casey arrested for stealing the car and money.

I agree, good point. Also, I think George told LE that he took the battery out of the car so Casey couldn't leave. I don't know the timing of the events but if (and that's a big if) she was cuffed, they may have been afraid she would flee the scene after hearing George's concerns. She was accused of so many crimes that night, stealing money, stolen car, missing child, the popo probably had a heck of a time sorting things out and making sure she didn't disappear.

Yes! And, if memory serves, I believe an officer arrived while KC was still talking to the 911 dispatcher on the 3rd call, which was the call that concerned Caylee being missing. The responding officer would have been there in regards to the first 2 calls concerning the theft of money and grand theft auto. That is how CA reported it on the first 2 calls.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd5PIeefc4g[/ame]

Why would the first officers on the scene put amother whose child is missing in handcuffs and in the back of a car?

Was it because Cinday ANTHONY told them she had stolen her car????? MO

If not - I think the handcuff thing is a huge lie.

Good question....... I do think she may well have been handcuffed temporarily whilst being transported in the back of a police car from Hopespring to the Sawgrass apartments and back again. On the return trip, deputies would have known that the apartment had been vacant for months. :waitasec:
Folks on here have legitimately talked about police protocol when transporting back seat passengers.

Thanks sooo much Numbers..

This text exchanged was after coming home from voluntarily going with LE to look at apartments she had taken Caylee to and filing out statements.

She hadn't gone on the Universal tour yet...

I can't decide if she is telling the truth (I know long shot) or lied to play on TL's emotions...

She opens with I need you and love you more than you know....:sick: like trying to softened him up...

The texts are mostly about her..every now and then she inserts Caylee but only because TL is upset and questions her...so she must show she is concerned...:rolleyes:

Oh and IMO the most classic part is that after being finally found by Cindy, forced to reveal Caylee is "missing" and her family and LE is involved she decides to try to cover her butt and sends out a Caylee is missing mass text.

How awful it was for her to make her family beg and plead to please tell them where Caylee was - I mean Cindy begged, threatened etc.

Only when LEE told her she would have to explain to the cops when they got there anyway did she make up the nanny story.

So her text to TL with concern about Caylee is ridiculous - if she loved her daughter and were really concerned she would have reported her missing immediately and NOT gone to Blockbuster and NOT gone to Fusion - or at the very least when her family was questioning her she would have told her lie about the nanny sooner.

My belief is the nanny was a lie she often used and when Lee confronted her - the story was made up on the spot without thought to anything or any follow up questions. MO

I need to go back and find whom she went with to Sawgrass. Was it YM?

How awful it was for her to make her family beg and plead to please tell them where Caylee was - I mean Cindy begged, threatened etc.

Only when LEE told her she would have to explain to the cops when they got there anyway did she make up the nanny story.

So her text to TL with concern about Caylee is ridiculous - if she loved her daughter and were really concerned she would have reported her missing immediately and NOT gone to Blockbuster and NOT gone to Fusion - or at the very least when her family was questioning her she would have told her lie about the nanny sooner.

My belief is the nanny was a lie she often used and when Lee confronted her - the story was made up on the spot without thought to anything or any follow up questions. MO

AAhh big brother Lee,

Strong, positive and loving Sibling relationships are a great thing..yet as 'close' as Lee stated the two were Lee knew Casey lied and stole money including his.
Lee was not immune to Casey's lies and accusation...she accused him, more so than George, of incest more than once and to more than 1 person. Such a betrayal from your sibling.

Casey lied to him as well, she avoided him as well...she did not want to reveal to Lee Caylee's whereabouts, she didn't want to take him to check on Caylee

When she found out Cindy had sent him out to find her and he was on his way to the club she was at she bolted...she did not want to be caught by any of her family members.

Hello :seeya: and apologies for any repeats:

Q -- evening, was she cuffed in the car?
A -- I don't think so. I think she was just in the backseat.
page 391 LA
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/Library/CMA/depos/lanthonydepo073009.pdf

SUPPLEMENT #Original - INCIDENT REPORT (07/16/08) to Arrest Affidavit
http://www.acandyrose.com/caylee_anthony_transcript_ArrestSup-Org_071608.htm

Sgt. R. Hosey - responded to Cindy's 911 calls at the Anthony Home

Nowhere in this report does it say KC was taken into custody and cuffed.

CA was beyond upset by the time the officer arrived. She had just heard those horrible words about Caylee. She had just banged on ICA's bed, screamibng "What have you done?!"
I can certainly see her demanding that ICA be handcuffed as soon as the officers showed up.
But like the rest of you, will need more than ICA's text to verify.

page 391 LA

Outstanding! :bow:

:blushing:YW

I suspect the responding officer placed KC in his car to separate her from the family.

Yes! And, if memory serves, I believe an officer arrived while KC was still talking to the 911 dispatcher on the 3rd call, which was the call that concerned Caylee being missing. The responding officer would have been there in regards to the first 2 calls concerning the theft of money and grand theft auto. That is how CA reported it on the first 2 calls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd5PIeefc4g

Just listening again to fear and grief in Cindy's voice made me cry again. Just awful. Then listening to Casey's CALM COLD responses and telling her mother "SHE HAS NOTHING TO SAY TO THE SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT" whne the dispatcher asks to speak with her is just beyond belief as well as the lie she immediately told about speakign to Caylee that morning.

Honestly she said she spoke to Caylee that morning because she was over it and actually thought that if she made everyone believe that although Caylee was taken she was still alive and therefore Casey was not worried.

I hate her so much -- what an awful eveil monster.

MO

Just listening again to fear and grief in Cindy's voice made me cry again. Just awful. Then listening to Casey's CALM COLD responses and telling her mother "SHE HAS NOTHING TO SAY TO THE SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT" whne the dispatcher asks to speak with her is just beyond belief as well as the lie she immediately told about speakign to Caylee that morning.

Honestly she said she spoke to Caylee that morning because she was over it and actually thought that if she made everyone believe that although Caylee was taken she was still alive and therefore Casey was not worried.

I hate her so much -- what an awful eveil monster.

MO

Thinking the same thing this morning. But it won't be long. She is not going anywher.

page 391 LA

Thanks...
I read that Lee said Casey said she stole from him but I had not read this part where he detailed it.

Lee admitted Casey stole 1 check, that he knew of, for about $200 from him when she was in high school perhaps 10th or 11th grade....he was working and trying to save money.. he went to his mom because he didn't think he was the first person Casey took a check from..he was upset and had a conversation with her about it.

this revelation..Casey was stealing even before she entered her final year of high school

On July 3rd, Cindy thought she was in Jacksonville, Lee informs her Casey was going to the Dragon room in Orlando...Lee knew she was in Orlando but Casey told him she was in Jacksonville..

Lee learned very quickly on July 3rd Casey was not only avoiding Cindy she was avoiding him, including not speaking with him, like the plague and lying to him about her whereabouts when he knew she was in Orlando and confronted her when he did get to speak with her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobcatbob
Back