2011.01.30 new search north and west of Portland

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so happy to see that the police have (new?) leads in Kyron's case, and I hope that they find some answers out there today.

The start of Logie Trail Road would be about 12 miles away but Dixie Mountain is much further. I'm not sure where on Dixie Mt. Road yet.

I showed DBF video on the article, he thinks they are prob up on Dixe/Dixie Mt Rd... (not the main Dixie Mt Road highlighted on your map)
It's the one that branches off to the west..

hope this link works
http://goo.gl/maps/RT2I

The video showed shell casings and beer cans, that's common to see up on those roads where people go out to target shoot...

I thought this was interesting:

"We're not going to be out searching anything unless we have an investigative purpose," Herron said.

The locations that will be combed today are remote, with residences few and far between. On Saturday, a heavy fog shrouded the wooded area for most of the early morning, and few cars passed. Ground searches will be directed to specific turnouts, trailheads or areas that a vehicle could pull in, and then conduct a 300-foot radius search of the sites, depending on the steepness of the terrain.

"You could see the hazards we're going to face," Herron said, stepping over discarded screens, wood filled with nails, broken glass and shotgun shells at one gated logging road off Northwest Skyline Boulevard, south of Rocky Point Road. The spot is about 20 to 22 miles from Skyline Elementary School.

"Time has gone by, yes," Herron said. "However, the things that we'll be looking for. If they're there, they're still going to be there."

I am so grateful to see some movement in this case. It seems bittersweet everytime they search because of the remote locations. Sounds like they have something quite specific in mind that they are searching for It seems that Dixie Mountain has come up before in this case. Does it seem familiar to any of you as well? I cannot put my finger on how.

Thinking of Kyron, Desiree and Kaine today. We will never give up Kyron!

"Time has gone by, yes," Herron said. "However, the things that we'll be looking for. If they're there, they're still going to be there."

God speed to these searchers!!!!!!

Wouldn't it be nice if this was the last search for Kyron? I really hope it is!

sounds like they are looking for specific things possibly....

I hope this search yields some results!

Also I think they don't like to say outright that they are looking for Kyron's remains, although using cadaver dogs kind of indicates that they are.

sounds like they are looking for specific things possibly....

I hope this search yields some results!
I pray the search yeilds results too.I'm wondering if they are checking people on private property and surrounding areas?

Heard a bit of scanner chatter (on my own personal home scanner) posted in the scanner thread. Hopping in the shower real quick so I can be ready to hopefully hear/post more!

Can we get a map from the 2ndFM to the location they are searching? We know she was at that store between 9:30 and 10:00, checking in to the gym at 11:39. Do these locations fit in between the time line?

this was under the photo at the oregonian link:

01/29/2011-- Portland -- Multnomah County Sheriff's Deputy Mark Herron on Skyline Drive Saturday near one of the areas where officials will renew their search Sunday for Kyron Horman. The Multnomah County Sheriff's office told The Oregonian that they will search two areas in the Skyline Drive and Dixie Mountain Road areas for clues in the seven-month-old Kyron Horman case. About 45 searchers using five to seven dogs will search Sunday morning and throughout the day.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/search_for_kyron_horman_resume.html

so they WILL be searching more than one area....

also, interesting... this interview took place yesterday per the picture caption... did LE ask them to sit on it until the search was underway???

For those interested in the dogs:

Joining the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office search and rescue unit will be volunteer searchers from Search One K9 Detection, North Oregon Regional Search and Rescue (NORSAR), Oregon K9 Search Teams, Mountain Wave Emergency Communications Inc., Yamhill County dog team and Pacific Crest Search Dogs (Skamania County).

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/search_for_kyron_horman_resume.html

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=NW+Skyline+Blvd,+Portland,+Oregon&daddr=Rocky+Point+Road,+Portland,+OR&hl=en&geocode=FQ_jtwIdJrat-Ck5WeCuCQeVVDGJuk1duGFkcA%3B&mra=pd&mrcr=0&sll=45.640928,-122.707672&sspn=0.714345,2.097015&ie=UTF8&ll=45.695314,-122.914739&spn=0.011151,0.032766&t=h&z=16"]NW Skyline Blvd, Portland, OR to Rocky Point Road, Portland, OR - Google Maps[/ame]

I have centered this map where skyline and rocky point road intersect

This article made it sound like a little bit of a older lead didn't it?

Lindstrand says the search comes about due to information gained during the investigation and authorities say the warmer weather now makes it possible to search those areas with dogs

http://www.kptv.com/news/26667764/detail.html

I am so grateful to see some movement in this case. It seems bittersweet everytime they search because of the remote locations. Sounds like they have something quite specific in mind that they are searching for It seems that Dixie Mountain has come up before in this case. Does it seem familiar to any of you as well? I cannot put my finger on how.

Thinking of Kyron, Desiree and Kaine today. We will never give up Kyron!

Isn't that the area DeDe's ex-boyfriend was talking about? Or am I remembering wrong?

I just noticed the last paragraph. Staton last week says he doesn't intend to seek additional funds and plans to go before the board of commissioners sometime in late February to give a status report on whether the task force will continue it's full time work.

I just noticed the last paragraph. Staton last week says he doesn't intend to seek additional funds and plans to go before the board of commissioners sometime in late February to give a status report on whether the task force will continue it's full time work.

I noticed he is not on this week's agenda.
I'm not getting a feeling that they are really ready to name a suspect, but who knows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV