2011.01.30 new search north and west of Portland

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article made it sound like a little bit of a older lead didn't it?

Lindstrand says the search comes about due to information gained during the investigation and authorities say the warmer weather now makes it possible to search those areas with dogs

http://www.kptv.com/news/26667764/detail.html

Could be an older tip, but it must have been one that came after the winter weather. Otherwise, they would could have done this search last fall. JMO.

So it sounds as though someone's phone pinged up in this area...?

I think if Kyron is found in this area, there may be an arrest, if that is the case.

I wonder if the "recent search efforts" in that article was referring to the recent searches at Sauvie???

gotta love the word twisting in journalism eh?

"Time has gone by, yes," Herron said. "However, the things that we'll be looking for. If they're there, they're still going to be there."

I'm not sure if this means Kyron or other objects. Also, Herron seems pretty sure about how whatever they are looking for was not moved or destroyed. Could this be because a POI could not have returned there to move anything? I'm really hoping this leads to closure in this case.

I assume those are TH's cell records.
Looks like they are still thinking she is the un named POI.

But, it was reported (by media, not LE) that TH's cell phone pings is what led to them searching Sauvie Island? How far is the area they are searching from Sauvie Island? And, if it was from her cell pings, why are they just searching this area now?

in the oregonian article they said they had to wait for temperatures to be above 40 degrees for the dogs....

that is why they waited imhoo

Sarx, are you around? What do you know about the 40 degree rule as far as dogs searching?

I assume those are TH's cell records.
Looks like they are still thinking she is the un named POI.

Why do you think they must be TH's pings? I would think hers would have been worked out and examined backwards and forwards by July or August. Just curious.

Isn't that the area DeDe's ex-boyfriend was talking about? Or am I remembering wrong?

Dede's Ex (who shall remain nameless...LOL) was talking about Dede's aunt's property on Bishop Rd. I have not heard Dixie Mountain road come up before this but I could have missed it......???

Sarx, are you around? What do you know about the 40 degree rule as far as dogs searching?

I don't see her around so I posed the question here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6071388#post6071388"]K9 SAR Questions & Answers - Ask the Pros! - Page 2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Plus, it was pretty dry this week too. It's been a wet winter. We are in Oregon, after all. :kimsterwink:

List of Clues from today's articles:

1) Time has gone by, yes," Herron said. "However, the things that we'll be looking for. If they're there, they're still going to be there."

2) "Weather conditions prevented the searching of these two locations a month or six weeks ago because of the snow up there, and dogs are not effective when it's below 40 degrees,"

3) Lindstrand couldn't comment on the specifics of why searchers were returning today but sources have said that recent search efforts have been based on further analysis of cell phone records.

4) As was mentioned here by Daisy...The tip/information had to have come after the big November searches or they would have been up there sooner. My guess is the tip came in mid December timeframe.

Anyone want to add to this?

Why do you think they must be TH's pings? I would think hers would have been worked out and examined backwards and forwards by July or August. Just curious.

Well from what we know of the players in this case, unless they are MC's cell pings, or if there is a mystery person, that we have not heard about, It is in my opinion that these are Terri's cell records they are using.

in the oregonian article they said they had to wait for temperatures to be above 40 degrees for the dogs....

Yep, so when did temps. drop below 40 last year?

yes, but interesting because in June, July, Aug and I'm sure Sept (I can't remember the exact weather but I know it was HOT this summer) temps were well above 40dg..

I'd have to go back to a wunderground weather report for the area they are in to see when the first snow fell (in those elevations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelikaBor