2011.01.30 new search north and west of Portland

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was snow on and off in the area but it doesn't stick around like other parts of the country. No snow up there now....was just up that way yesterday.

Wow. I really hope they find something. I thought for sure he was on Sauvie Island, but maybe not...I'm on the edge of my seat here!

It also sounds like they are moving along at their own pace, and not risking their searchers or damage to the crime scene, or not being able to find the crime scene by going out in bad weather. Good for them. I really hope they find him, or at least some clue that leads to him.

I did a map of the newest search with pins....

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...d=209942082992863047244.00049b148f8c53d5070c0

"None of the searching we do is random," Gustafson said, adding that he could not comment on specifics. "We don't throw darts at a board and say, 'let's search here.' We don't say, 'We haven't searched in a while, let's go search.'"

He said it's all based on information learned during the investigation.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/search_for_kyron_horman_this_m.html

bless you nursebee, but you are fast!

I'm wondering if maybe TH had a batphone we don't know about? I know she got one with her friends after things starting going bad for her, but maybe there was one before that? Maybe they found the phone number in Dede's cell records, and so then it took until December to get the records for TH's first batphone, thus the new searches?

Whoa...that is a lot to say for LE that haven't said much since this case began. Wow...

Maybe TH finally cracked and told them where to find Kyron? I know, that sounds impossible, but I can't understand why LE would say that if this was just based on pings. This would have to be based on something more than that, I would think, for LE to say they are seeking closure on this case today!

I pray LE is right and today IS the day. Closure is long overdue for these parents.

I thought this was interesting:

"We're not going to be out searching anything unless we have an investigative purpose," Herron said.

The locations that will be combed today are remote, with residences few and far between. On Saturday, a heavy fog shrouded the wooded area for most of the early morning, and few cars passed. Ground searches will be directed to specific turnouts, trailheads or areas that a vehicle could pull in, and then conduct a 300-foot radius search of the sites, depending on the steepness of the terrain.

"You could see the hazards we're going to face," Herron said, stepping over discarded screens, wood filled with nails, broken glass and shotgun shells at one gated logging road off Northwest Skyline Boulevard, south of Rocky Point Road. The spot is about 20 to 22 miles from Skyline Elementary School.

"Time has gone by, yes," Herron said. "However, the things that we'll be looking for. If they're there, they're still going to be there."

Me too! What in the world could they be looking for? Shell casings is the only thing I can come up with. Any other ideas?
I'm so very sad for Kyron's parents today...my heart has broken for them throughout this entire ordeal but today I'm feeling that the pain of closure may be close.

I am thinking this a likely search area due to the pullout area and gravel road, the cover of trees and woods around, etc.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?oe=U...568466443618080967.00049b14bb86a990a8ae6&z=15

arg, my lines and stickies didn't come with link, hold on, giving it another try

ETA there, now it worked. Not the pullout, the area where a vehicle could be parked with little or no notice, the woods for cover, etc. It appears that the gravel or dirt road goes a ways back into the cover of the woods.

ETAA I am interested in creek/river areas for my own personal reasons and because those areas near water are most likely to have dense brush nearby and areas that generally can be dificult to reach, search and would be "off the beaten path" thereby affording the least opportunity to be seen.

easier to see when not in terrain mode

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?oe=U...691,-122.91903&spn=0.004483,0.009334&t=h&z=16

spokesperson confirms that Sunday's search is being done in the hopes of bringing "closure" to the nearly 8-month-long search for missing 8-year-old Kyron Horman. He was 7 when he is believed to have disappeared from a science fair in rural Northwest Portland's Skyline School.

The searchers are focusing on two locations in the west hills: north and west of Portland. We're told these two search locations are based on investigative leads developed by the Task Force.

The private timber land crosses into unincorporated areas of Multnomah, Washington and Columbia counties, and reaches elevations of between 1,000 and 1,500 feet.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/114899784.html

Whoa...that is a lot to say for LE that haven't said much since this case began. Wow...

Maybe TH finally cracked and told them where to find Kyron? I know, that sounds impossible, but I can't understand why LE would say that if this was just based on pings. This would have to be based on something more than that, I would think, for LE to say they are seeking closure on this case today!

I doubt it, but I bet SWMNBN is experiencing a very high anxiety level today. What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall!!

Me too! What in the world could they be looking for? Shell casings is the only thing I can come up with. Any other ideas?
I'm so very sad for Kyron's parents today...my heart has broken for them throughout this entire ordeal but today I'm feeling that the pain of closure may be close.

Cadaver dogs only look for one thing.
If they find what LE is hoping they will find, this would bring closure.

I don't know. I didn't think her comment meant anything other than it would mean at the beginning of any search. We all hope they find something everytime they go out. I'm praying today is the day too though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBMonsterFighter