2011.01.30 new search north and west of Portland

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on which search, there are apparently two areas of interest. Nursebeeme has a map linked I believe with both search areas marked, along with other areas of interest. I am betting that info may be on her maps.

I stink at figuring out maps :( But thanks for doing it, I am sure most people can read them easily.

5:14pm Sunday (PST) - Sunset in Portland, OR
4 hours 35 minutes from now

just to throw that out there

I think I've figured out what the guy in the picture is doing. He's using a digital camera to take a photograph of that red thing on the ground and with his other hand he is holding a measuring stick of some sort.
kyronsearchcloseup3.jpg

photo from: http://photos.oregonlive.com/oregoni..._horman_3.html

from the school to the NW Skyline turnout area where the searchers appear to be staged, it looks like around 22 miles if I am reading the map correctly?

and 30 miles to NW Rocky Point Road? I am so mileage challenged it is ridiculous

The sheriff's office Search and Rescue unit was conducting the search "at the request of the Kyron Horman Task Force ... for the purpose of finding" the little boy, it said in a statement.

The searchers were focusing on two locations in the West Hills, northwest of Portland. "These two search locations are based on investigative leads developed by the task force," the statement said.

I have to ask, why so confident for closure today, but the search may not be complete until next weekend? They are so sure, but they are gonna stop for 5 or 6 days? I don't get it.

sbm

They can't search without searchers. These people are volunteers who have regular jobs. They are probably unable to search on weekdays. Weekends are the only option.

Did someone say or ask already, where Fred Meyers is from here? Totally opposite direction?

Also, why would Desiree have asked for this search? I don't think she ever wanted them searching for his body...not really.

They are searching 10 areas?? according to that article...

"I have been waiting for this search to happen for some time now," said Desiree Young, Kyron’s biological mother. "The Kyron Horman Task Force has shared the intelligence information with me, but unfortunately I can’t share that information with the media. I'm excited that today’s search will hopefully bring some closure to this case.”

http://www.katu.com/news/local/114899784.html

She didn't ASK for the search... she has just been anxious for it to happen since the information was shared with her.

Did someone say or ask already, where Fred Meyers is from here? Totally opposite direction?

Also, why would Desiree have asked for this search? I don't think she ever wanted them searching for his body...not really.

all the articles I have read say that the search is being requested by the kyron task force which has developed leads in the case to do this search...

in the video I just posted the PIO said she didn't even know if they (K and D) had been briefed on the search...

"I have been waiting for this search to happen for some time now," said Desiree Young, Kyron’s biological mother. "The Kyron Horman Task Force has shared the intelligence information with me, but unfortunately I can’t share that information with the media. I'm excited that today’s search will hopefully bring some closure to this case.”

I am a little confused by Desiree's statement? I just can't see her saying "excited" in regards to finding Kyron's body. Could we possibly be looking at evidence but not a body in this location?

Well, remember that one press conference where Desiree was highly upset? She very nearly couldn't hold it together? I think she was told Kyron was most likely dead, but to keep him in the media, to keep saying to the media that she believed him to be alive. I think KH was told this too. And maybe they still wanted to believe he might be alive, but in their hearts knew he was dead. In any event, I believe Desiree just wants him home, no matter what condition he is in.

I agree that they are really looking for Kyron and if other evidence if there, so much the better. They don't bring out, and specify, cadaver dogs otherwise. I feel terrible for his family having to see that word in the news...

I wonder if they will make an arrest if they find him out there. Clearly this location means something and ties someone to it.

Of course they will make an arrest.

The police spokesperson Lindstrand said today:

"The ultimate goal in any investigation is to bring closure and take it to the next step, which is law and order."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/multnomah_county_sheriffs_offi_2.html

per video of spokesperson, dense brush, blackberries bushes, no snow on the ground. Takes a lot of coordination to launch a search. Personnel from other areas have come to assist.

We hope there is closure today.

I hope Desiree is somewhat prepared for the worst, as much as anyone can be...the word "excited" is very odd to use in this situation, she must be very nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crochet Junkie