2011.02.07 Shawn Adkins speaks out: 10pm Central KTAB

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview with Tiffany Tatro 2/8/2011-1st part
TT: Shawn Adkins, did you at all have anything to do with Hailey's disappearance or do you know anything more?
SA: (.07) No mam I don't
TT: (.09) Can you kinda give me just a recap of the day that Hailey went missing?
SA: (.14)Yes.That morning I drove to work,I quit my job, I turned in my belongings and I didn't speak to nobody at work. I stopped by this residence and nobody was here so I continued going towards C City. I got on I-20 and I went to Big Springs to my mother's house and I made calls on my cellphone to my mom letting her know that I quit my job and everything. I got to my mom's house that day. I got on the internet looking up unemployment to see if I could get, uh, you know, an unemployment check until I could get back on my feet and everything. That was my day. Then I came home around I guess like 3:00 I got there and Hailey was there watching tv in the living room and I went into e and Billie's bedroom and she came in there and told me she was going to her father's house and staying the night with a friend and then she left. And then I was there by myself for maybe an hour at the most. And then Dxxxx and a friend came over and they went to his room and they were playing video games and so forth. And Billie called me and told me that her relief got there and she was gonna get to leave a little early so I was up there at the hospital in Snyder around 6:00 to pick her up and then came back. And then we went to bed shortly after that.
TT: (1:49) and this whole time you were thinking Hailey was at a friend's house?
SA: (1:52) Yes
TT: (1:53) about what time did she say she was leaving?
SA: (1:57) what time Hailey was leaving?
TT: (1:58) um hm
SA: (1:59) I guess it was sometime between 3 and 3:30 when she said she was leaving. It was like shortly after I got there. I'm not real sure about a time.
TT: (2:10)Does she normally call and check in every so often or is it normal to not hear from her every so often?
SA: (2:14) Uh, It's pretty normal for her to just not call, cuz she usually just does that though, cuz she does spend the night at a friend's house. She'll be back the next morning... she... that's very common of her and if she goes over to her dad's then she usually won't call either cuz she's just right across the street from where Billie lives.
TT: (2:36) Now you just said right now that you quit your job but originally, but you had said that you got into a fight with a boss and was fired from your job.
SA: (2:44) Ah...that was untrue too. I told investigators I quit my job but I told Billie that I got fired because I didn't want her knowing I quit my job. I was trying to keep it from her but investigators found out that I didn't get fired cuz Billie had told them that originally and then they brought that up to me and I was like, yeah, I quit my job for reasons, and I just didn't tell Billie for fear it would cause a big fight and I didn't wanna ruin the peace that's been happening over the past 6 months. I just wanted to keep the peace, try to find another job, and then let her know.
TT: (3:27) Also, according to the affidavits you have originally said when you quit your job you went straight to Big Springs but then there were cell phone actual pings in Colorado City
SA (3:38) Well, that the investigators asked me. They never asked which specific places I went. They go, where did you go Monday when Hailey supposedly disappeared and I told them I went to Big Spring and that's where I was at. They didn't ask which way did you go to your Mom's house or anything like that. They just asked where I was so they could verify that, so that's that.
TT (4:03) So you're saying the affidavit, the majority of what we read in there is completely incorrect.
SA (4:08) Yes and there's another thing in the affidavits. That I deleted messages or phone calls off my phone and that is incorrect also. That never happened.
TT (4:18) So have you....I mean....even Billie has told me that you are not cooperating with the police. If you have nothing to hide, if there isn't anything there, why aren't you cooperating with them.
SA (4:27) I cooperated with them at first and then I just feel like I couldn't trust the police anymore. And that's when I decided to get a lawyer and my lawyer told me just to lay low, keep quiet and that's what I did. And then today I'm supposed to talk to somebody from Colorado City law enforcement officer. I'm supposed to talk to FBI today, just to clean up some more things.
TT (4:58)Understandable if your lawyer told you that, that's obviously what you're gonna do, but coming from the point of a normal person, we're all out here looking for Hailey, we all want the same thing. So if there's anything that you could do to help them or to help with the investigation, why wouldn't you do it?
SA (5:13)I felt that I gave them all the information I had, and which I really did and like I said, I just feel like it was a witch hunt at the time and they were just trying to pin it on somebody. Which was me, and I didn't want that happening so I just stopped talking to them.
TT (5:30) I know that a lot of people have said, even on Nancy Grace, that this whole time, stories keep changing. It goes from one thing to another to another. The affidavits show that stories have changed, and what do you say about that? Has your story changed at all?
SA (5:45) Uhh...If it has it's because I remembered something and let the investigators know, but that's how they say my story has changed, then that's how it changed, cuz there's been some things that I didn't remember to tell them at the time, but later I did remember and I told them. That's how my story could have changed, but no, my story hasn't changed other than that.
TT (6:09) You know, again they say your relationship with Hailey was completely fine, but yet, when, we know that you had, in the affidavit, something about Clint's uncle said, who could ever hurt a little girl,. You said something to the effect of yeah, it's like killing a baby deer, and according to those affidavits and the uncle, you do also talk about killing baby deer all the time.
SA (6:34) No, that's incorrect too. I had a talk with that uncle and he said he never said that either and I never said that. I love animals. I wouldn't hurt animals either.
TT (6:48) So basically it seems like everything you're saying completely contradicts the affidavit. So everything the police used to obtain a warrant to build their case, is completely inaccurate.
SA (6:56) Absolutely it is. Cuz like I said, I sat down and looked through that affidavit and a lot of things are incorrect. Some of it is but a lot of it isn't.
TT (7:08) If it's incorrect, how were they able to obtain their warrant?
SA (7:14) I have no clue, I really don't.
TT (7:18) Now all signs are kinda pointing to you right now.
SA (7:22) Um hm
TT (7:22) What do you say about that?
SA (7:24) Um.. I think I'm just gonna do my best to get the focus back on Hailey and off of me. And like I said, I have nothing to hide. I was just advised by my lawyers to do what I've been doing, but now I'm gonna talk and get everything cleared up about me so they can get back to looking for Hailey.
TT (7:47) Shawn, do you know anything about Hailey's disappearance?
SA (7:49) No I don't
TT (7:52) And could you or did you hurt Hailey in any way?
SA (7:56) No I didn't
TT (7:57) And when people say that that's something you would do and it's in your mind frame to do that kind of thing, what do you say to that?
SA (8:05)
Um..I'm just thinking that people want somebody to blame and they're gonna blame me.
TT (8:11) Can you see why people point the finger at you?
SA (8:13) I have an idea but I just think, I think it's unfair cuz this could happen to anybody, what's happening to me. And how would they feel if they're in my shoes? That's just how I feel.
TT (8:29) What do you really want people to know?
SA (8:31) That I'm not a monster like a lot of people made me out to be. I'm just a regular guy. And I love my girlfriend. And I love Hailey. And Dxxxx..And I would never do anything to hurt her nor him nor anybody. And I just want all of this to be over with and Hailey home so we can go on with our lives.
TT (8:53) Now...if you...last question. And I was kinda gonna (?) ask again...If you knew anything about Hailey's disappearance and are not telling police....to find Hailey would you come forward and give the information?
SA (9:06) Yes I would. If I had any knowledge of her whereabouts I would definitely come forward and tell them.

:rocker:

lynnb - thank you so much for the transcript!!!
:yourock:

Adkins ... Blah, blah, blah. More of the same.

But the newscaster stated, "LE stands by their investigation and say Adkins is the only SUSPECT".

That was disappointing. hopefully they'll put more online later

They only thing I got out of that is SA is tired of being stuck in the house

And SA says those pics of him in his mask and stuff were for Halloween.

And SA says those pics of him in his mask and stuff were for Halloween.

Really? So is that why his newest one arrived in December? He wanted to get an early jump on Halloween this year?

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=339906
At noon Wednesday, bigcountryhomepage.com will release the second part of Tiffany Tatro's interview with Adkins in its entirety.

OMG :furious:..poor wittle fellow...

I'm just tired of, you know, staying behind closed doors," said Adkins. "I'm just ready to get out there and live my life again."

I'm telling ya :furious:.."this mess" has just interrupted SA's and BD's lifestyle and imho neither bothers to hide that fact ...

I don't think he said he called her on her way to work. He said he called her on his way there. So there should be a call on his phone to his mother's house during his drive.

I want to know who all was at his mother's house that day. Which uncle was there and why? Why would his uncle come to the house when his mother was supposed to be working? Where was her husband? His younger brother would have been home from school also.

MOO

Above BBM.. But we already know there is no phone call to his mom when SA was on his way to her house..{PER THE AFFIDAVIT}..

SA says he got to his mom's house before 8am{he knows this because she had not left for work yet..she leaves home at 8am}..

So if he arrived at her home in Big Spring before 8am and he made the call while en route to mom's home..that would be before 8am..and the affidafvit says that his phone pinged 6:36-6:58am in Ccity and then there was zero activity from cell phone{NOT CALLS AND NOT PINGS} from its last "ping" at 6:58am all the way until 9:38am when the cell "pinged" in Big Spring..9:38am-2:40pm a flurry of 11 calls were made from Big Spring..

Where does his call fit in?

And Good Gawd this is already making my head spin and me nauseated..blek

Well, according to SA - he met with the FBI today. You know his lawyer was there with him. Would love to know what they talked about. hhhmmm.........maybe a little I'll give you this iffen you give me that going on? Wonder if he's spoken to BD since his FBI meeting?

Above BBM.. But we already know there is no phone call to his mom when SA was on his way to her house..{PER THE AFFIDAVIT}..

SA says he got to his mom's house before 8am{he knows this because she had not left for work yet..she leaves home at 8am}..

So if he arrived at her home in Big Spring before 8am and he made the call while en route to mom's home..that would be before 8am..and the affidafvit says that his phone pinged 6:36-6:58am in Ccity and then there was zero activity from cell phone{NOT CALLS AND NOT PINGS} from its last "ping" at 6:58am all the way until 9:38am when the cell "pinged" in Big Spring..9:38am-2:40pm a flurry of 11 calls were made from Big Spring..

Where does his call fit in?

And Good Gawd this is already making my head spin and me nauseated..blek

Looks like someone should have paid closer attention to the pings before giving that interview doesn't it? Funny how the devil is in those details..

Just finished listening to the full interview and caught when he says he quit his job, drove to his mom's and told her he'd quit, and was then going to call to see if he could get unemployment benefits until he could "get on his feet"...

He's such a forward thinker, that guy. Someone forgot to tell the poor lad that you can look for another job BEFORE you quit your current one. People do it all the time!

Oh, and Shawn, you might wanna check out the Texas Workforce Commission's FAQ on unemployment eligibility instead of playing on the MM forum next time.

Quitting just because you don't like your co-workers is generally NOT on the list of valid reasons.

I'm almost starting to wonder if he IS guilty or is just incredibly, tragically STOOPID.

BINGO! And since he wasn't fired, and essentially "abandoned" his employer, he is not eligible for unemployment benefits. Well, SNAP, he's prolly kicking himself right now for not checking that out sooner.

I'm going with what you said -- he's tragically stoopid ;)

MOO

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members