2011.02.19 - Desiree puts on the pressure in Roseburg

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grainne, when did you hear that Bruce McCain was DeDe's attorney? The last that I heard Chad Stavely was her attorney.

You're correct, thanks for the catch.

I guess I saw "Bruce McCain" in connection with so many parts of Kyron's case, I somewhow associated him with DDS.

That explains that, then.

No, that is NOT true! People sign contracts to buy cars and homes with no money down all the time! Only the PROMISE of money or goods or services in return. The consideration does not have to change hands at the time the contract is made. I have no doubt in my mind there was some sort of understanding between Terri and the landscaper. Fortunately for Kaine the contract was not completed.

A contract, by definition needs an exchange of consideration. There are no rules about what that consideration must be. (just wanted to reiterate what you said!)

This tactic of Desiree's gives me hope that she has finally hired a PI.

This whole case is weird. Really weird.

For instance, why was Bruce McCain on TV saying something to the effect that it was a shame a biological mother had to take matters into her own hands. I mean, in one sense it doesn't surprise me because he gives me the impression of being a publicity hound. But last I heard, he was DDS's attorney. Wazzup with that?

Somehow, something about DY's wording makes me wonder if they have decided to hire a PI to try to get more information about TMH. I know I've seen suggestions several times on WS that they should , I know that many families with missing loved ones do so (if they can afford it), so I wouldn't be surprised if DY hasn't hired a PI to try to move things forward.

Yes, I agree McCain is a media hound, but I don't think he's DS's attorney. I was wondering the same thing Grainne, could it be that Desiree & Tony have hired a PI, because they are dissatisfied with LE's handling of things? It would be interesting to know, but I'm with you, I don't think this maneuver by Desiree is going to help find Kyron.

And I want to say this again; of course, people in Roseburg (and the surrounding communities) most certainly know of Kyron's case, I know this for a fact. One needs to remember that not only did Terri grow up there, but her parents are highly respected people in the area. It's not like they live out on some rural piece of property and never got in to town. They were teachers for cryin' out loud. If Desiree or anyone else, doesn't think that Roseburg knows of Kyron's case, then it isn't the people of Roseburg that are living under a rock.

I also think this action by Desiree does not bode well for J****, Terri's teenage son. I can just imagine what teenagers might do when basically they are being asked to harass someone. I think the whole thing is scary. JMO

Oh, I hope you're right. That might be where they got "the knowledge" about her going to bars. I really hope you're right because PI reports would be so much more valid in court, I would hope, than anecdotal reports from neighbors.l

This tactic of Desiree's gives me hope that she has finally hired a PI.

Do you have a link that states she has hired a PI? And why would she? Desiree's husband is LEO. I agree with Desiree's campaign to keep the pressure on Terri until she tells the truth!

Yes, I agree McCain is a media hound, but I don't think he's DS's attorney. I was wondering the same thing Grainne, could it be that Desiree & Tony have hired a PI, because they are dissatisfied with LE's handling of things? It would be interesting to know, but I'm with you, I don't think this maneuver by Desiree is going to help find Kyron.

And I want to say this again; of course, people in Roseburg (and the surrounding communities) most certainly know of Kyron's case, I know this for a fact. One needs to remember that not only did Terri grow up there, but her parents are highly respected people in the area. It's not like they live out on some rural piece of property and never got in to town. They were teachers for cryin' out loud. If Desiree or anyone else, doesn't think that Roseburg knows of Kyron's case, then it isn't the people of Roseburg that are living under a rock.

I also think this action by Desiree does not bode well for J****, Terri's teenage son. I can just imagine what teenagers might do when basically they are being asked to harass someone. I think the whole thing is scary. JMO

bbm

My thoughts on that are simple...too bad! Desiree is not nor ever will be responsible for Terri's older son future well being. Terri did that to her son and her parents the day she stepped foot back into Roseburg.

Isn't it pathetic to have to watch a mother who can sit there while all around her have to be effected by her actions...and there she selfishly sits.

Terri have mercy on your family and above all one little boy, Kyron and let him come home to those who DO love him!

The Missing KH FB page says this as an update about 10 minutes ago.

Desiree Horman just told KATU News she absolutely does NOT believe Kyron is dead, despite what another agency is reporting. We'll have her actions today in Roseburg at 6.

I'm glad she retracted that statement, it just made my heart sink. I completely understand why she cannot think or react rationally right now. Praying for Kyron!

I know we keep hearing that he won't ask for money. But, I'm almost positive when Desiree was asked what he would talk about she said he was going to ask for help from more agencies and ask for more funding.

Maybe a different agency would have a different funding source? It doesn't seem like she would have pulled that statement out of the air. I would hope they would give her some idea of what they were to discuss so she wouldn't be blindsided.

Does anyone else remember this? I can't go back and check the video now but I know it was from one of the recent ones...the news or GMA...

Yeah, the ABC interview I believe.

I'm almost positive your right because I was thinking the same thing before I read your post.

EDIT;

"I know what was supposed to be talked about... mostly just the sheriff asking for more help, more police agencies and more money for the task force".

http://abcnews.go.com/US/kyron-hormans-mother-speaks-stepmother/story?id=12959936

Do you have a link that states she has hired a PI? And why would she? Desiree's husband is LEO. I agree with Desiree's campaign to keep the pressure on Terri until she tells the truth!

You raise an interesting question--Tony could easily have taken a leave of absence from work to investigate--I hope that's the case!! MOO

I'm glad she retracted that statement, it just made my heart sink. I completely understand why she cannot think or react rationally right now. Praying for Kyron!

Desiree is acting and thinking rationally in the opinions and viewpoint of many of us...who find her remarkably coherent, insightful, focused, and brave.

Desirees actions would not affect Terris son any more than knowing there are pictures of his mothers private parts she sent a man she has just sparked up a new relationship, oh, who also used to be his stepfathers friend. I can't think of one thing that is wrong with bringing awareness to a missing child, I really cant.

Speaking strictly as a layperson, there was one single piece of evidence that convinced me and it wasn't the hair in the pliers (I thought that was really weak, considering they were married).

The one piece of behavioural evidence that convinced me was when it was revealed that he bought a one day fishing license four days in advance of a fishing trip that was supposedly just a spontaneous whim. To me, that spoke to premeditation. If he'd spent the day with Amber, then I might have had some doubt about it. But he didn't see her that day, so what did he need to arrange an excuse in advance for?

So far, I haven't seen any evidence that strong in Kyron's case. Maybe it exists, maybe not. I'm a little cynical because in following cases over the years, I've seen too many LE agencies, up to and including the FBI, imply that they have a lot of evidence, only to find out it was an overstatement or bluff.

I'm starting to think that if Sheriff Staton is not planning to ask for any more money, either he plans to arrest TMH or it is a tacit admission the case has gone cold (in the sense of not enough evidence to convict anyone and a low likelihood of finding more evidence).

And... if there is enough evidence to convict TMH, then why hasn't she been arrested?

Yeah, that was a great piece of evidence! In this case, I think it is safe to say that at this point, the DA at least would not bank on there being enough evidence to sustain a conviction. I am positive there will not be an arrest until they feel the evidence exists. As I have stated, I think finding Kyron would be what they need. This is why DY is trying to apply pressure. To make something break. But this case has not gone cold yet. I believe LE continues to investigate - that's why we see sudden searches - by going over evidence, possible tapping phones, GPS on cars, etc.

I actually think DY has been behaving quite rationally. If you want to see irrational, you'd have to see me if I was in her shoes. DY has acted very restrained and dignified, IMO, throughout. I think it is very logical for her, upon learning that TH is somewhat moving on with her life, and seeing that there is not enough yet for the DA to give the go ahead to arrest, to want to do something tangible to possibly cause a reaction that might lead to something to break the case. I think that's evidence of real rationality.

As far as her retracting her statement about Kyron being dead, she never came right out and said that to begin with and I'm sure she doesn't want that to be the headline, just in case and because it's not exactly what she said, although the inference was clear, IMO.

And I think her initial statement inferring she realizes Kyron is likely not alive is not an example of a disordered mind, but the opposite. Clearly, to believe at this point that Kyron cannot be dead - that's irrational. I think her reactions show logic. It all makes sense to me!

bbm

My thoughts on that are simple...too bad! Desiree is not nor ever will be responsible for Terri's older son future well being. Terri did that to her son and her parents the day she stepped foot back into Roseburg.

Isn't it pathetic to have to watch a mother who can sit there while all around her have to be effected by her actions...and there she selfishly sits.

Terri have mercy on your family and above all one little boy, Kyron and let him come home to those who DO love him!

Your thoughts and opinion are duly noted. I DO care what happens with J**** and have nothing but compassion for J****, just one of the innocents who is undoubtedly suffering enough in this fiasco. No matter who one may blame for his suffering, it does not need to be compounded! This is MY opinion.

But, that being said, you are missing the point of my post. If the goal of Desiree was to bring awareness of Kyron's case to Roseburg and the surrounding areas, this was an unnecessary action. Since I live in the area, I guess you can just either take my word or not. Kyron's case is more well known here, than anywhere else in Oregon, with the exception of possibly the Skyline neighborhood from where he disappeared. I firmly believe this action will NOT help find Kyron, which is also my opinion.

Your thoughts and opinion are duly noted. I DO care what happens with J**** and have nothing but compassion for J****, just one of the innocents who is undoubtedly suffering enough in this fiasco. No matter who one may blame for his suffering, it does not need to be compounded! This is MY opinion.

But, that being said, you are missing the point of my post. If the goal of Desiree was to bring awareness of Kyron's case to Roseburg and the surrounding areas, this was an unnecessary action. Since I live in the area, I guess you can just either take my word or not. Kyron's case is more well known here, than anywhere else in Oregon, with the exception of possibly the Skyline neighborhood from where he disappeared. I firmly believe this action will NOT help find Kyron, which is also my opinion.

I am pretty sure the goal was to plead to the people to apply pressure to Terri, I have no doubts Terri is the talk of town in Roseburg.

OK OT for those following the Zahra Baker case there is news. An indictment of Elisa Baker. Check it out on the Zahra forum.

Parden this brief news update, you may now return to your regular program. :)

Justice for Zahra. :angel:

This, to me, is more of the same about this case. Not actual evidence, nothing that actually connects TMH with Kyron's disappearance. I have no doubt that DY believes it is conclusive but I have no idea of what the evidence actually is. And clearly prosecutors don't feel it's conclusive or they would have TMH arrested.

Cynthia Sommer is the poster girl for how most people think a woman newly widowed should not act. Charged with murder in her Marine husband's death. Many people thought she was guilty because she was going to bars, taking part in thong contests, had breast implants and had sex with a lot of men, starting very shortly after her husband's sudden death.

Convicted and spent almost two years in prison. Won a new trial and then prosecutors dropped the charges because they discovered that new toxicology tests and toxicology experts did not support the charges.

In other words, sometimes post-incident behaviour is an indicator of guilt but sometimes it's just an indicator that the person doesn't have the socially approved emotional responses that most people have.

My opinion that the latest information is not significant as an indicator of TMH's guilt or innocence doesn't blind me to DY's pain.

I just keep hoping that there is more than one or two people there for her, that she has a whole network of loved ones who are supporting her at this time.

Yeah, and sometimes strange post-incident behavior is simply an indicator that the person is just not a good person, didn't care about the victim, whatever, but still is not guilty. That can certainly happen. However, the one thing that nailed it for me, as for others, is TH essentially giving up her toddler. I have seen excuses bandied about on here for that but none of them made legal sense to me. TH has great lawyers advising her as to the consequences of her actions in failing to fight for baby K. Yet that fight takes a back seat to her fear that something she may testify to may incriminate her. No mother who really loves her baby would give up her kid on the off chance that her testimony may incriminate her for a crime of which she is innocent. It makes no sense and is the one thing that convinced me that we are looking at a murderer.

This whole case is weird. Really weird.

For instance, why was Bruce McCain on TV saying something to the effect that it was a shame a biological mother had to take matters into her own hands. I mean, in one sense it doesn't surprise me because he gives me the impression of being a publicity hound. But last I heard, he was DDS's attorney. Wazzup with that?

Somehow, something about DY's wording makes me wonder if they have decided to hire a PI to try to get more information about TMH. I know I've seen suggestions several times on WS that they should , I know that many families with missing loved ones do so (if they can afford it), so I wouldn't be surprised if DY hasn't hired a PI to try to move things forward.

I wondered too if DY had hired a PI. But it makes equal sense that LE is informing DY of bits and pieces of the investigation here and there and I have no doubt they trail her. I imagine DY as a relentless victim who will not give up and asks a lot of questions. I imagine LE feeling very sympathetic towards her but needing to hold things close to the vest. They explain that, she knows that but she begs for more info. So, if they tell her, "Yes ma'm, we are gathering info regarding her movements." She would likely ask what they found. 'Well, you know we can't tell you much but it does look like TH is carrying on with her life. She was at the door for the trick or treaters this Halloween and she went to a bar a couple of times." Then, that info just simmers in her for a few months.

I don't think we can infer that TH is just living it up. She may have gone to a bar with family or even alone once or twice. Nevertheless, even the hint that TH is having any kind of fun at all would be sure to inflame the parents and LE who has worked tirelessly on this case.

This is becoming The Tale of Two Mothers.

Terri, when faced with a legal dilemma...looks at her toddler...to whom , right or wrong, she is the only security that Baby has ever known...and says, "Baby K will have to tough it out. Me first. Me always first."

If she is truly innocent, this is even more callous and shows just how much ice runs through this woman's veins. If she is innocent..she will STILL NOT take not the tiniest chance...not the tiniest risk...for her Baby.

Not one.

But, of course, if she is guilty, she has probably subjected that child to witnessing the horror that befell Kyron.

Chilling.

Any secondary consequences that befall her son J are regrettable...but her fault alone. Not the fault of any of her victims. Her selfish sexting, her appalling behaviors, the pitiful example she has set in her life...must be humiliating to a teenager. These were ALL choices Terri made.

Too bad. Tough it out, says Terri to another child of hers. Me first. Always me first.

This is the "Terri Horman" model for motherhood.

Desiree, however, is a pitbull for her child. She has decided that she will not abandon HER child...though he probably is dead. Her appearance on Terri's doorstep was a beautiful example of Mother love and the unlimited scope of actions that a Mother will risk for her child.

She could care less the lies and smears that come her way on the Internet. Her focus is her child.

She is living now for Kyron. Terri is incapable of that depth of feeling IMO...so she continues to just live for herself.

Two very different Mothers.

Since I live in the area, I guess you can just either take my word or not. Kyron's case is more well known here, than anywhere else in Oregon, with the exception of possibly the Skyline neighborhood from where he disappeared. I firmly believe this action will NOT help find Kyron, which is also my opinion.

Hi, Billylee. I saw a report from a Medford TV station showing a DY volunteer who had been asked by a business to desist from distributing the flyers after numerous customer complaints. Out of curiosity, what's your take on the local reaction to DY's latest activity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne