2011.03.07 Motion Hearing - *Updated* Key Ruling In! See Motions Thread (sticky)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Aweee shucks. Hubby has ordered me to sit on the recliner & put feet up. Crud. Mumbles a bad word. Talk to you guys later. :(

Plea deal ... the Defense is done.

I respectfully disagree.

There are so many parents out there who have killed their child/children and get off with basically a slap on the wrist. IMO, if Baez had ever had his client's best interests at heart, he would have convinced her of a plea deal long ago, and she probably would have gotten away with negligent child abuse or something stupid like that.

IMO, as long as there are televised hearings and a televised trial for Baez to get his face on, there will be no plea deal.

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE!!!!

It's getting closer, baby! It's almost there!!!! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, HHJP!!!! Caylee is smiling down on you today!

And it is so beautiful and sunny in Florida today. Not a cloud in the sky that I can see. Caylee smiling down on us, no doubt!

Thank you Judge Perry!!

I had chills reading the WESH article, but hadn't cried until I read this. :anguish:

Also, God bless LDB; her closing argument was something to behold: factual, compelling, organised.

From the Casey Anthony Updates page on Facebook: "Just added all five PDFs of today's orders. Will be live shortly:"

They also have a link to Judge Rules On Casey's Initial Statements

Near the bottom of that article there are five PDF files, titled:

Order Denying Motion to Suppress Statements To "Agents Of State"
Order Granting Motion Re: Plant or Root Growth
Order Denying Motion Re: Chloroform
Order Denying Motion to Suppress Statements To Law Enforcement
Amended Order For Motion For Transcription Services

YES YES YES!!!!! I did actual fist pumping in the air. Good thing my hubby was in the other room or he would have thought I was nuts. WOOT! ALL IN BABY!!!!! BUH BYE CASEY!

Me too, but in a genteel and dignified manner befitting my sixty-six yr. old self......ok a ten year old piece of cheddar cheese with cracker hit my screen

All ready I see HHJP's on top of things: line from the ruling - he mentions that the defendant was briefly handcuffed then released from the handcuffs.

Nothing about "in custody"

No pulling the wool over this judge's eyes, defense team! LOL with that.

Last night I was reading the book Mommy's Little Girl by D Fanning my daughter had given me. Even though I am finding some facts are loosely reported, I do remember seeing a video like what was written on pages 193-194.

JB was speaking at the July 20, 2008 vigil and said that his client at no time refused to speak with law enforcement and then directed "everybody's attention to the arrest report, which clearly states that the police were called out on the fifteenth of this month, and she spoke with them immediately on that day, and then on the following day, practically the entire day she spent with law enforcement. Only upon being arrested and might be detained that she invoked her right to counsel, as I think anyone would do in this country. We are focused on trying to find Caylee."

This morning, I searched all over and have not been able to find an article or video that includes JB's statement, but did find this -
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67680&page=23
Leila post #559
Is this the same cam still camped out in the G'parents' yard? Geezils!
I think it is! Earlier tonight, Geraldo was interviewing the attorney, Jose Baez, and investigator, Joe Matthews, who were seated on what appeared to be patio chairs on a driveway. I presumed it was the driveway at the home of George and Cindy Anthony. In fact, I think I recognized George crossing the driveway in the background at one point.

So, Fox News may be camped there.

I hope someone else remembers this too. During this period of time the whole focus was on finding Caylee, even though ICA was lying with every breath she took.

I hope HHBP lets everything in.
I remember!

I love this from the Agents of the State Order:

"And LASTLY to report that her granddaughter, Caylee, the Defendant's daughter, had been missing for some 30 days."

There's some great prioritization there, Cindy, and the Judge has yo number!

HHJP is so elegant in his rulings. That ruling on the statements was amazing. He used law to thwart the defense at every turn. No snarkiness or disrespect at all. And wow, not only are A's not agents of the state, but none of Casey's jail bff's or the guard are agents either. Casey is SO TOAST!

I'm getting such a kick out of this.

"Whom the defendant described as her "nanny".

He might've well have said "her imaginannay" cuz I bet that's what he was thinking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazPsi
Back