2011.03.07 Motion Hearing - *Updated* Key Ruling In! See Motions Thread (sticky)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hope they're high-fivin' over at OCSO right now.

They deserve some celebration after the DT tried to smear their names with lies.

Cheers officers... you done good!

HHJP is so elegant in his rulings. That ruling on the statements was amazing. He used law to thwart the defense at every turn. No snarkiness or disrespect at all. And wow, not only are A's not agents of the state, but none of Casey's jail bff's or the guard are agents either. Casey is SO TOAST!

A dead woman walking! :yes:

Well, I gotta say, between the SA's brilliant argument and HHJP's well-written order, they have maximized the chances of the appellate court upholding the order allowing the Universal statement in.

I'll still be biting my nails on appeal, but at least we'll get to see the jury's reaction to the amazing audio recording of KC at Universal!

So glad you posted this!! It is true that the defense can not appeal the decisions before trial, correct? That it can only be appealed once the trial is over and Casey is convicted?

So glad you posted this!! It is true that the defense can not appeal the decisions before trial, correct? That it can only be appealed once the trial is over and Casey is convicted?

For decisions like this one, yes. They will have to wait until after the trial.

Cheers for Caylee Marie Anthony this very moment!!!!!!!!!
Not that I had any doubt regarding the ending, still I am happy for this little angel that the world will be able to discover what kind of monster her mommy was.

And this answers our question: Is HHJP's incredible record on appeal due to bending over backward to avoid appeal issues? The answer is apparently "no," which means his record must be due to careful reasoning, convincing orders, and probably a great deal of respect from the appellate court judges.

Hope they're high-fivin' over at OCSO right now.

They deserve some celebration after the DT tried to smear their names with lies.

Cheers officers... you done good!

ITA. I bet that one nervous deputy feels SO MUCH BETTER today! And I bet Yuri and John can't wipe the smiles off of their faces! YAY HHJP and YAY LE!

OMG! I'm sooo happy! I need to grab my "Just Dance" remix.
:applause::applause::party::D:D

ITA. I bet that one nervous deputy feels SO MUCH BETTER today! And I bet Yuri and John can't wipe the smiles off of their faces! YAY HHJP and YAY LE!

Sooo ITA! I'm really happy for that young officer. He would've had a sick heart for who knows how long if things had gone the other way. May he grow and prosper in his career.

Lovely lad. :)

:gthanks:
HHJP!
:yourock:

:panic: JB
:behindbar:KC
:princes:CA&GA
:toast:LDB&JA

For the LE motion, if you don't read anything else,read the conclusion:

"the weight of the evidence overwhelmingly indicates that the statements made by the Defendant were the result of consensual encounters with the police"

"furthermore, the statements are highly relevant (hint hint), specifically regarding demonstrating consciousness of guilt." "

This was my favorite sentence in 3 years of waiting for Justice for Caylee!!
Consciousness of Guilt. I love Judge Perry so much!!! He was able to back everything he decided with case records. ICA will be so angry, she might do herself in, she might call it quits and admit guilt. Her attorneys have got to have a word with her today...... any sign of visitors today???
OMG!! I've got to go lie down and rest!!!!!!

It would be nice if LDB, JA, YM, CE, and JA got to go and have a nice round of drinks after work tonight. If I were in Orlando, I would personally buy them a round of shots... I would do one with them!! Congrats to all of them!

I think I might cry. Thank you, Mr Chief Justice.

I love me some Judge Perry:rocker:

:gift: :bdsong: :gift:

Happy early Birthday Casey!! Hope you enjoy every moment of your day tomorrow thinking about all the statements you made that you wished you didn't make that a jury will now hear!! Just think... next year... this will all be over and you will simply be waiting to die in prison... doesn't matter if you get LWOP or the Death Penalty. You will spend every birthday for the rest of your natural life in a real cage (not the backseat of a police cruiser) and will die in prison!!

I love that common sense and LOGIC and rule of law ruled today!!!!! It is a great day for justice! Caylee Marie....you are not forgotten. And I love the thought of this coming one day before KC's B-day as it is such an appropriate gift to her.

Hip Hip Hurray for Judge Perry!!!!!! :bowdown:

And of course....Thank you Lord! :bowdown:

Wonder if the prisoner will have difficulty "shwallowing" her dinner tonight? :crazy:

:cow:

Happy Birthday Casey!!! It's a present from the judge :)

From the Casey Anthony Updates page on Facebook: "Just added all five PDFs of today's orders. Will be live shortly:"

They also have a link to Judge Rules On Casey's Initial Statements

Near the bottom of that article there are five PDF files, titled:

Order Denying Motion to Suppress Statements To "Agents Of State"
Order Granting Motion Re: Plant or Root Growth
Order Denying Motion Re: Chloroform
Order Denying Motion to Suppress Statements To Law Enforcement
Amended Order For Motion For Transcription Services
Loved his motion to deny suppression of defendant's statements...just one thing Your Honor...Caylee never had the opportunity to turn 3 years old. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MG89
Back