2011.03.07 Motion Hearing - *Updated* Key Ruling In! See Motions Thread (sticky)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The cases cited by AZLawyer do not support this. On the contrary. See footnote 7 in Ross v. State: Trial court did not err in admitting statements which were made --although detective confronted him about inconsistent statements--he was not confronted with actual evidence of guilt (bloody pants) as he was with other statements. There is a 4 part test to be applied -the third part of that test is: the extent to which the suspect is confronted with evidence of his or her guilt. That's one factor that has to be considered with the other 3. That factor alone, if present, has never been used to support a finding of a custodial interrogation--nor could it be since all 4 factors have to be considered. Further, as the Ross court aptly pointed out--accusing someone of lying or not telling everything they know--is not the same as confronting a suspect with actual evidence of guilt (ie dna evidence, fingerprints, bloody pants.) In fact, the Ross case helps the state in this particular case.

SoCalSleuth, you were spot on in your assessment! :bowdown:

Anyone else out there craving CHILI for ICA's birthday????
bawahahahahaha
It would appear that the law continues to mishconshtrue everything for her!!!
bawahahahahaha
Thank You, Lord!

Hope they're high-fivin' over at OCSO right now.

They deserve some celebration after the DT tried to smear their names with lies.

Cheers officers... you done good!
Weren't they just wonderful coming when they weren't even scheduled to testify? I understand they had a vested interest, but something tells me they REALLY were there for Caylee...I just feel it in my heart.

Anyone else out there craving CHILI for ICA's birthday????
bawahahahahaha
It would appear that the law continues to mishconshtrue everything for her!!!
bawahahahahaha
Thank You, Lord!
Do ya think George and Cindy think The Most Honorable Judge got it all wrong?

While the other statements KC made contained all her lies and such, the Universal interview will let the jury hear one thing the other statements would not. The detectives gave her EVERY chance to admit to an accident, even went out of their way to encourage her to own up to an accident. She never did. Claiming that in her defense at trial won't mean a thing to those jurors after hearing this interview.

If it wasn't past closing time, I think I'd send flowers...lots and lots of flowers...oh, and big red balloons...just like that on over there <-!! The SA and OCSO are so deserving.

Happy Birthday, "beautiful!"

kc3.jpg

Do ya think George and Cindy think The Most Honorable Judge got it all wrong?

No, I think they know the truth and just want it to be KC's word that convict her and not anything said on their end.

Too awesome! HHJBP knows the law so I feel confident that his order will stand up. No doubt CM and co. will appeal this decision. But HHJP is well versed in the law and his orders most usually are not appealable. Sweet! I feel vindicated because I also got into a small skirmish about how I felt the statements would come in as well because in no way did it appear that ICA was intimidated or scared into speaking because of the big mean policemen. Ha ha! Happy Early Birthday Casey! Your present is to have to listen to your own lies played in open court! You better have your pens ready to scribble away A's the jury members listen to your recorded lies and look to you to express any remorse or saddness....

She sure had no problem telling LP to get the F out of her house when he didn't buy her BS. He's a big dude and just bailed her a$$ out of jail! Wish I knew why that whole bunch isn't on the states witness list.

I bet the Defense team of geniuses miss Judge Strickland now, don't they?

I LOVE the Honorable Judge Perry. He is compassionate, extremely intelligent, fair, and backs up his rulings with the correct cases so he will not lose on appeal. What a Godsend for sweet Caylee. Bless her soul.

P.S. Happy Birthday Casey. Hope you got the good news just in time for your birthday celebration.

The best~ Judge Perry and these rulings! :)

And right behind him~ LE and the Prosecution :)

And right behind them~ reading all of your posts. :)

I am crying tears of joy and for Caylee's justice. :)

Happy Birthday, ICA! It's Caylee's turn to shine!!! And shine she will!!! :)

If it wasn't past closing time, I think I'd send flowers...lots and lots of flowers...oh, and big red balloons...just like that on over there <-!! The SA and OCSO are so deserving.

We need to do something like that in this case like the LP case where we sent flowers to fill the boat Geragos put on display.

I bet the Defense team of geniuses miss Judge Strickland now, don't they?

<snip>

I was just thinking the same thing!!! :highfive:

How's that Motion to Recuse working out for ya, CM & JB? :floorlaugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member