2011.03.23 Frye Hearing - Afternoon portion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
also trained on human teeth, placenta, bone, tissue/skin...

LDB: what type of skin?

Wit: Any type of skin, either graft or tissue given us by ME.

LDB: microscopic sloughed skin?

Wit: No. No organs.

Gross.
JDB is so good! She then asks about fecal matter...answer is again "no."

So each of Baez's two witness, Fairgrieves and Brewer, are contradicting each other. Beauty.

Bones has proven in the past that he will not falsely alert on animal bones.

Bones is not trained to detect fecal material or fingernails.

There goes the dirty diaper argument! Now LDB, all you have to do is ask if Bones was trained to detect cheese, and both arguments go out the window!

Wit: We try to train Bones 16 hours/month. Vacations, regular duties can impact this. Goes to work with me every day, 40-50 hours a week depending on schedule.

plus bones trains 16 hours a month. that's one hard workin' dog!

I love dogs.

You guys know these dogs draw a paycheck, right?

Bones the dog is trained to alert on human bones only. He is trained (I think word they used was proofed) on both animal and human bones so that he can differentiate between the two

His final indication when he alerts is to sit.(I think that's what I heard)

Bones goes to work everyday, and has specific training of about 16 hrs per month. Bones has been trained to know the difference on human and animal scents.

Bones receives a maximum of 16 hours a month, and he works with this Deputy 40 - 50 hours a week.
How does Bones alert?
His final alert is a "Sit".
When you are evaluating an alert - do you use words like change of behavior?

Wit: We try to train Bones 16 hours/month. Vacations, regular duties can impact this. Goes to work with me every day, 40-50 hours a week depending on schedule.

Way way WAY more time than the entire defense team has spent on Casey's defense. :maddening::banghead:

I am just melting. GOOD DOGGY!!!! I wish I could pat him on the head and give him a treat.

Bones has already worked more in his life than Casey has.

Sorry!

Not really a weak or strong alert, just some that take longer than others. Final indication is the main thing.

LDB: In the Anthony backyard, your testimony had to do with wether "strong" or "weak" alert. Is that a normally used term?

Wit: The bottom line is the final indication. He can show interest, investigate, then show final indication/sit.

change of behavior. interest.

yes. have to watch dog carefully. dog will give different indications.

in the anthony back yard, strong alert or weak alert? is that a term that is utilized?

it is the final indication. if it is a whole body he will run and sit. if it was a body he will investigate a little more and then give an indication.

jurys have dogs. they will understand how dogs communicate. I do. IMHO.

LDB: showing pictures of Anthony home.

Can you indicate on each of those photos where bones gave a trained final alert?

Asked if witness agrees with pic. they are now in evidence. the pics of the backyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCpsyche