2011.04.01 Frye Hearing (DISCUSSION THREAD) - AM edition

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be a Frye hearing but does anyone actually think that HHJP has not already conducted MASSIVE research on his own????

Don't fret over the DT being allowed this seemingly undeserved leeway.

IMO, HHJP already knows that he is going to allow all of this in at trial. He's just giving the DT their "turn".

Just had to quote this...mere thanks were not enough...I am sure HHJP has done HIS homework.

Right about now, KC is believing that her decision to leave the trash bag in the trunk to cover her tracks actually worked.
Above all, I cannot wait for her to find out the hard way that she is not as clever as she thinks she is.

I have no problem with Judge Perry's ruling... I do have a problem with JA allowing JB to put him in this situation. IMO, he should know better by now! He can not play nice with JB and he constantly puts himself in a positition (trusting nature maybe?) to be deceived by JB. He needs to just stop working with the defense all together. If they don't follow the rules of discovery... no more stipulations... file for sanctions! He can not trust JB at his word... it has been proven time and time again. That saying "Fool me once... shame on you... fool me twice... shame on me" comes to mind.

I do want to hug JA because I don't even want to imagine having to work around someone like JB... but he needs to stop trusting him and stop allowing him to put him in this situation. It surely can not be good for his health to become so emotional all the time.

I can not stand Jose and I have full faith that JB will mess up at least twenty times at trial where he will be held financially responsible for his antics. It's clear that he has no respect for the law and the rules of preparing for trial. I hope that he never works again after this trial!

I remember once upon a time when JS presided it seemed like the SA's mission to try and get JB kicked off the case. They had no trust or respect for him since day one. After AL, LKB and CM came on board they seemed a little more comfortable. Even more so when HHJP came on board. This should not be happening and I don't think CM is putting in his time to this case.

If he lets JB continue down this road, ICA could very well walk away from this.

IMO

He won't come trial time. He is just giving him rope right now. Come trial time, things are going to be different. HHJP knows what he is doing. I have the utmost faith in him despite not liking what he says sometimes. Casey will never walk away from this.

If the SA was not allowed to re-depose this witness - then I would be fretting about this. But the SA will have the opportunity to both do a rebuttal and re-depose this witness, bring him back and perhaps even bring Dr. Vass back if they need to. Way too early to be concerned about how this is going...

jb tell court about carbon tetrochloride
kf solvent - used to detect flurocarbons - which have been banned

jb is this chemical unique to human decomp?
kf no - in reserach we have done we haven't seen that in human decomp that is why we were curious why dr vass saw it and we didn't

Because Hizhonor actually WANTS this witness to appear in trial against Dr Vass? I bet Mrs Vass is home watching this right now, and taking copious notes. :)

you mean "homework"???

I was really trying to listen and understand what this witness is saying. Really trying to understand the argument the defense is making-like a juror...all it does is make me want to :pullhair:

ITA! JB and Furton make me tune out! JA and Vass held my attention, raptly!

But that's just it - HHJP has said the SA can re-depose this witness.....

I understand that, but in the interim, we are essentially going to hear this crap all over again. Why not stop the hearing, let the prosecution do what they are entitled to do and reconvene?

A thought....every time the witness pauses, scrunches up his face, and takes a moment to answer.....he is trying to figure out how to answer the question to give the answer JB wants and requires without technically lying and ruining his own reputation.

He has been prepped like kitchen "mis en place".

I am getting really sick of the Honorable Judge referring to both sides when he is giving his smack downs. I can't really think of one time that the prosecution deserved or should have been included and I totally understand JA's frustration. I know he should not let JB get to him like he does, but by gosh I think the most patient person might lose it occasionally.

Baez asking the witness about fatty acids and what causes them.

Living things.

Not only do I get to watch Friday Night Smackdown tonight, but I get to watch Friday Court Smackdown, and probably Saturday Court Smackdown. No Rey Mysterio til tonight but HHJP is a fine substitute for the day edition.

I give the court reporters snaps for having to record all this, and most of the time they are very stoic.

Fatty acids...is JB going for the hamburger in the trunk again?

JB - are the four fatty acids found in only human decomp or anywhere else
KF - no found in every day products, milk, cheese (Velveeta)

Because Hizhonor actually WANTS this witness to appear in trial against Dr Vass? I bet Mrs Vass is home watching this right now, and taking copious notes. :)

What's even more disturbing is that the very scientists that will say Dr. Vass is wrong are the scientists that will ride his coattails later in their own research and patents.
How many scientists laughed at Einstein, then used his theory to develop nuclear implements, time/space theories, etc? Wish the old man were around to tell us.

Witness is curious that Dr. Voss saw something "unique to human decomp" that the witness's group did not. Witness group disagree about what chemical compounds exist in human decomp.

Witness says there is not consensus on what are human decomp...

Jose asks what causes fatty acids? (this is the first time I personally wonder what Casey is thinking right now). She has to have her team explain away the fatty acids of her daughter. :(

Jose asking if fatty acids are only found in human decomp or other places? Witness says these elements identified are found in common food items. Milk, fat...cheese...

Jose: velvetta chees?
Witness saying he sees velvetta blocks, that package...

Jose: is it found in coconut shampoo?

witness: hesitates...I don't know for certain what is in coco shampoo...

would you render a opinion that this is apodicear?

ohhh now i understand it all makes sense now. it was a squirrel wrapped in velveeta cheese!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3