2011.04.01 Frye Hearing (DISCUSSION THREAD) - PM edition

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO although LDB's questions about the dogs are more targeted and direct (and IMO bad for the defense), this witness is more calm and confident answering them because she is asking very targeted questions to which he can answer a simple Yes or No. He doesn't have to reflect, and juggle, and manage his words as he did with JB.

Witness was not aware that the two dogs must go through quarterly review by trainers.

Time to let the doggies testify! :)

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

"No I didn't know that." Furton

Any may I add......there's much more that you don't know.

You can tell she almost never asks a question she doesnt know the answer, unlike sayyyy, Baez, asking the handler "What else could cause a false positive hit if no body was actually found?" .....A: "....uhh, the body had been moved."

Yep, and she and Ashton have a smart pattern when they are questioning that I won't mention in case the DT has someone reading here.

How can any of the people stay awake. This is killing me. I may have to go to work.lol

Lost WESH, but clickorlando is still up.

KF also agreed that properly trained detection dogs can detect human decomposition scent after body has been removed

Holey Moley..Does Dr. Furton have a handle growing out of his back???..Cause he sure is mopping the floor ...He had no business giving an expert opinion of any Canine Dog's ability to do its job!!...I see he is wearing an upside down smile now....Hummm..Yowza..Linda is making him appear foolish ...:floorlaugh:

LDB did you know the canine has to undergo quarterly review?
KF no

LDB use terms such as alert, confirmed alert and unconfirmed alert - in your list of definitions you don't use the word false positive, use the word false response

unconfirmed alert is for those situations where a dog could be alerting to residual odor but the presence of the trained odor cannot be immediately confirmed

would you recognize the smell of human decomp?

kf ummmmm not sure if i could differentiate between animal decomp but i have been around it.

So, I'm confused. What exactly is he testifying to regarding the dogs?

IMO although LDB's questions about the dogs are more targeted and direct (and IMO bad for the defense), this witness is more calm and confident answering them because she is asking very targeted questions to which he can answer a simple Yes or No. He doesn't have to reflect, and juggle, and manage his words as he did with JB.

Then why is he!!!!!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Ack would you be able to identify the smell of human decomposition?
Answer: blah, blah blah - I think he said no.....

ldb do you know if gerus and bones trained on human blood, adipocere, wet and dry body fluids, variety search locations and enviornments, variety target odors, different continers, various placement time human decomp material,
kf yes

Maybe they can take him to the body farm and let him move a couple of bodies. Then he could puke his guts out, understand there is a big difference between animals and humans.

IMO LDB is simply MASTERFUL. Calm, precise.

Watching her work is like watching an Ice Sculptor - systematically ice-picking away at a block of ice and standing back and looking at the results.

Watch ICA watching LDB - ICA's a prolific manipulator - and she recognizes Linda systematically manipulating (guiding, trapping) the witness EXACTLY where she wants him. Only LDB is doing it for good - not evil or selfish reasons.

ICA knows what she is doing and she admires/hates her at the same time for doing it.

Fascinating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member