2011.04.01 Frye Hearing (DISCUSSION THREAD) - PM edition

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! JVM just said something I agree with! She said Aren't we forgetting something? This is about Caylee Marie Anthony a two year old little girl!

Just had a thought.... JB was making such a big deal about the velveeta, but wasn't there only a velveeta wrapper? How much velveeta was in the garbage??

If there was no velveeta...where did it go? Did it decompose into adipocere and spead itself all over the trunk carpet? I know that Velveeta is a cheese spread but that really would be amazing it is was self spreading.

If there was a little velveeta....how did it turn into adipocere? Did JB's expert place a hunk of veleveeta in a bag and check for off gassing???

Did JB buy stock in Kraft BEFORE the velveeta theory????

Anyone else feel like queso for dinner???

Velveeta is a "pasteurized processed cheese food." If you leave it open to air in the fridge, or even on your countertop, it will not resolve itself into adipocere. It turns into a hard orange substance that resembles plastic and that has no perceptible odor.

And they have the facts wrong. She didn't change her story on the febreeze she changed it on the dryer sheets!!

Will these lies ever end? JVM, talking about CA on the stand today, testifying on spraying the whole can of febreeze. Trying to say, or suggest this is the reason for the high amount of chloroform?
Wait a minute, didn't she say she was the one who looked up chloroform on the computer? But was trying to look up Chlorophyll?
Will she say next that she feared the Febreeze was making her dogs throw up?

TY, Strawberry. I will go back and research her Febreeze story.

Oh good grief there's a male Janie Weintraub on interrupting when JVM is actually talking about all the chloroform.

Now who is this lady saying Caylee was buried underground?

Um, ok I'm watching the hearing. JA asks CA if she remembers saying she didn't put the dryer sheets there and she says no I don't that was 2009. But in the next breath says she remembers more and more from 2008 now than she used to. ????

I do think this trial will start on time. It will cost more to delay than to start on time. I think Judge Perry is very astute as to all of the shenanigans. ESPECIALLY after today. I also agree with others that he was more lenient today, but he has his reasons. He just keeps givin 'em rope. I'm thinking that rope is really going to start getting tight!

I hope I'm not wrong!

What I really don't understand is why the DT wants it delayed? :waitasec: It isn't like all of this stuff is going to go away.

Also important note, I have yet to ever have a case to to trial on the first trial date that was given. Not a single one. So delays are common, at least among civil cases. And I would venture to guess that it's very common among criminal cases as well. It wouldn't be the end of the world if the case gets delayed. The point is that EVENTUALLY Casey will be tried. They can't drag this out forever.

But I really do feel as though HHJP needs to really flex his muscles and start pounding down hard on the DT and their antics. The DT knows they are getting away with stuff they shouldn't.

I agree, eventually Casey will be tried...
IIRC,
Judge Strickland had set these trial dates for the murder case

February 9, 2009 (the State asked to move it back, Judge S agreed),
January 5, 2009
October 12, 2009 (delay was granted in July 2009..trial was to start June 2010) Feb 5 2010...reports surface trial won't start until 2011
May 9, 2011 (set on March 8, 2010)

LIAR! DCS: the Dr. Vass DOES HAVE a background in chemistry!!!!!!!

We MEDICAL TECHNOLOGISTS (yeah, I :innocent: still lay claim to my first profession) HAVE a "slew" of chemistry courses & clinical chemistry in the BS days and more of us HAD to take a bunch more in graduate degrees! SO THERE!!!!!!!:maddening::maddening::maddening::maddening::maddening:

And didn't Dr. Vass say that during his testimony the other day??? The doctor said he was not a chemist.

Hi! Sorry if this has been mentioned I just got in after hearing the latest news on my way home from work. Cindy makes it sound like she used Febreze aerosol spray ... she said "can". I believe that it isn't the active ingredients in the deodorizers that could have effected the tests but rather the propellants. I would like to find out specifically when Febreze in aerosol form was first made available for sale in that market. www.pg.com says this "In 2008, the preeminent Febreze Fabric Refresher was upgraded to feature a fine mist spray." I know she is lying, let's prove it!

(emotional statement ahead) Shame on the Defense. It's one thing to vigorously defend your client but it's another thing to lie and cheat to discredit the Tennesse Lab in order to defend your client and not care if by taking this approach it moves forensic science back decades. Maybe they will win and get most thrown out but I don't think it's going to make a difference IMO a jury will see right through them - the more they try to take the focus off of ICA, the less forensics for the jury to sit through, the more the focus will be on ICA. Nothing left but the core evidence: ICA was the last person seen with Caylee (per GA), ICA didn't report Caylee missing for 31 days, A real ZFG has never been found, Caylee was found a few blocks from her house

Will these lies ever end? JVM, talking about CA on the stand today, testifying on spraying the whole can of febreeze. Trying to say, or suggest this is the reason for the high amount of chloroform?
Wait a minute, didn't she say she was the one who looked up chloroform on the computer? But was trying to look up Chlorophyll?
Will she say next that she feared the Febreeze was making her dogs throw up?

TY, Strawberry. I will go back and research her Febreeze story.

And it has been bugging me all day, but it doesn't come in a can does it? Isn't it a BOTTLE?

"Stupidest" pet peeve ever, but can't they get anything right?

Pass me some mustard for my hat, I am about to eat.............THERE IS A CAN!
http://whatsinproducts.com/information.php?brandNo=16-003-821&PHPSESSID=5259

So is funding/money running out due to so much spent on "experts" by the defense???

No it's the entirety of the state court budget, and the state budget as a whole. It has nothing to do with this specific case.

Pretty sure someone else has already commented on this but I have to get it out. (paraphrased)
All the "news" is reporting basically that defense got in what they wanted to get in And Defense and State caught it from the Judge But re: the signed paper, HJBP stated that it might be misunderstood by appeal court so he was letting JB continue with his questioning. And they are reporting that the judge put both, Defense and State in their places. It seems to me that because of CM's little paper to the court with the comment about HJBP being biased has affected HJBP, subconsciously or consciously to go out of his way not to appear "biased". So when JB was trying to read between the lines of the signed agreement and tell the court what it really truly meant And when JB was trying to get in testimony that was not in a depo and then all he77 broke loose - instead of saying anything directly to JB, he referenced his comment to Defense and State. He called JB out, directly, about things in the past in other hearings but today, when it was JB that should have been spoken to directly, HJBP directed it to "both" attorneys.
(emotional statement ahead) Shame on the Defense. It's one thing to vigorously defend your client but it's another thing to lie and cheat to discredit the Tennesse Lab in order to defend your client and not care if by taking this approach you don't care if it moves forensic science back decades. Maybe they will win and get most thrown out but I don't think it's going to make a difference IMO a jury will see right through them.

In my opinion, there is no way "they (the defense)" could get a win. And I think all the forensics, is just a nail in the coffin, not the smoking gun. Once the jury hears "31 days," it is over. There is no reasonable excuse, none, period!

And it has been bugging me all day, but it doesn't come in a can does it? Isn't it a BOTTLE?

Stupidest pet peeve ever, but can't they get anything right?

I caught that too ... see my post above for Febreze aerosol info. It was first introduced in 2008 ... I want to know specifically when it was available in that market!!

I will take this to the parking lot...but in my humble opinion Casey does not look well. She looks insane. I do not say that to be snarky or rude. She truly looks insane. :twocents:

Not as a defense, mind you...I know she is not 'insane' or was not when she killed Caylee, but she is now. Like in the classic cliche' sense of the word: insane. not sane.

Completely agree, have thought this for a while. The defense is doing her no help with all these hearings because it is showing just this with each appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noizewarr