2011.04.04 Motion Defendant's: For Withdrawal of Appointed Counsel

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He has, and for the life of me, I can't find the video. I believe he ignored the questions when being asked.

As he should. It should make no difference how he "feels" about his client's guilt. Not his job as a defense attorney to worry or comment on her guilt. It was a dumb question to be asked.
If reporters are going to report on these cases, they should ask relevant questions.

:twocents:

She initially represented miners in Kentucky denied Black Lung Benefits. She went into the bowels of a mine in Eastern Kentucky at the face of the mine where dynamite was placed, and then felt the vibrations as the miners "shot coal" (exploded portions of the face to loosen the coal). Despite wearing a paper mask, she found herself coughing and sneezing coal dust for days and only then began to understand the potential for pneumoconiosis in miners who had spent decades in the mines.
After representing coalminers, she then began to represent wrongfully denied Social Security Disability benefits. She also began representing injured workers, which she continued to do for over 20 years. She co-founded the state's first organization devoted to serving as a watchdog for insurance abuses for the injured: Florida Worker's Advocates, and ultimately serving as president of this organization. She volunteered her time lobbying for over a decade on behalf of the injured and was the first woman to be elected Chair of the Florida Bar Worker's Compensation Section in its 25-year history. She served as President of the Marion County Bar Association.
While practicing worker's compensation law, she began to notice an alarming pattern. Defense medical experts were testifying against her clients and their conclusions were strikingly similar. Either her clients were:
a. not injured,
b. injured but had been cured, or
c. exaggerating.
She decided to change the focus of her career. She met with psychologists who explained how data could be manipulated. She spent over ten years, nights and weekends, studying the process, having physicals performed upon her to learn how defense doctors hid or mislead the evidence. She traveled the nation at her own expense meeting authors of various psychological tests and interviewing them about examples of how their tests were abused in the wrong hands.

http://www.ocalaw.com/bio/dcs.php

yeah.. my money's on sims..
imo, she was called in because she's an "expert" in fighting for the greater good.. and after getting to know the case & client, she wants nothing to do with it anymore because it goes against everything she's worked so hard for (as someone previously stated

Integrity to me would be running as fast as you can...lol JMHO:crazy:

Maybe so..But IIRC AF was brought onboard as the mitigation attny (post conviction :-)))))..but she has obviously taken on a more active roll from what I have seen in the past few hearings...

LKB, Andrea Lyons were the two most telling withdrawals to me.. Somehow JB has been proven to be trying to function WAYYYYY Outttt of his league..and appears to refuse to give up his "Control"...who knows..But Casey is stuck with this guy...CM maybe thought he would get good props in joining the team with his DP expertise and experience...LOL..Guess he too feels things are too hot in that kitchen :floorlaugh:

As he should. It should make no difference how he "feels" about his client's guilt. Not his job as a defense attorney to worry or comment on her guilt. It was a dumb question to be asked.
If reporters are going to report on these cases, they should ask relevant questions.

:twocents:

These were comments he made BEFORE coming on her defense team. I don't blame him now for not commenting, as I think it is very smart, but then again, I think after making the comments he did back before, he shouldn't have joined the team to begin with.

The motion is either listed twice by accident or there are TWO motions to withdraw...

ICA is going to go through every lawyer in Fla willing to risk their rep and still be found guilty by her own words and actions. JMHO.

These were comments he made BEFORE coming on her defense team. I don't blame him now for not commenting, as I think it is very smart, but then again, I think after making the comments he did back before, he shouldn't have joined the team to begin with.

Ah- I see. Missed that part.

There is another WITHDRAWAL!!

www.myclerk.myorangeclerk.com

04/04/2011 Motion
Defendant's; for Withdrawal of Appointed Counsel
04/04/2011 Brief
in Support of Defendant's Motion for Withdrawal of Appointed Counsel

-----------------------

bbm
I concur Pip...IMO it is Sims

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQRfBAzSzo

Omg, Just saw this, too close to call on which lawyer, I don't believe Finnell (ethics) Mason (ego) Baez (ego) would withdraw and 4 pages to read through, hope there is an answer at the end of the thread....wow

My money is on Sims too.

The motion is either listed twice by accident or there are TWO motions to withdraw...

ICA is going to go through every lawyer in Fla willing to risk their rep and still be found guilty by her own words and actions. JMHO.
04/04/2011 Motion
Defendant's; for Withdrawal of Appointed Counsel
04/04/2011 Brief
in Support of Defendant's Motion for Withdrawal of Appointed Counsel

It looks like they are both related to the same withdrawal.

I could be wrong..but isnt there some rule that DP cases has to have DP qualified Lawyer on the defendent's team?...IF CM trys to withdraw..Wont this create yet another delay.....Ohhhhh wait..Hasnt that been a defense modes Operendi since day one???
Maybe you guys better reschedule those dayz off in May..Things may go much later in the year!!

Hmmm? it's still anybodies guess. But here would be my reasonings behind any of the current "big 4".

1. CM - Probably the most likely. He has seemed bored with the case lately. It isn't his big hurrah that he expected. Of particular noteworthiness is he has barely been there for the recent evidence hearings, and I don't believe he has been the one to question any of the witnesses, or even address the court. Lately he seems to spend more time defending JB then he does defending KC. This is a problem. he may be getting out of dodge.

2. AF - So far the only professional seeming member of the team. She must be horrified with what she has landed in the middle of. The amount of things she was not told about that she then had to learn from the judge. The depletion of any designated budgets for her to do her job. And the horror show of the last 2 Frye hearings, one of which she had to literally drag her co council out of teh courtroom to school him, before he got them all jailed for contempt. She seems like a professional. I can see her reaching a point of either the clowns go or she goes.

3. DCS - much like AF, she has got to be horrified at what has gone on in the past few court sessions. I am sure she has never seen anything like it outside of a bad Lifetime Channel TV movie. She was brought in for science and evidence. That is going nowhere, so she might be.

4. JB - Given the above highlighted horrors of the past few hearings, someone may have finally got it through to KC that this cannot continue. It is her life on the line. I'm not counting on this one, but you never know. Or she may simply be peeved at him for taking away her crayons, or not lying enough for her.

My money is still on CM or AF. That Brief in support of the motion still has me thinking it is from the alternate DP attorney saying that it is ok.

I'll take a guess that its CM, he doesn't seem to be having much fun... and isn't really liking the media attention as much anymore. By his actions at the last hearing and comments to KB I'd say he may be acting like someone that wasn't going to stick around. Like someone said another time, odd case for him to link himself to before retiring. Hope we find out tonight

Just for the record, JB doesn't believe her lies, either. The job of a DT is not to argue a case based on truth or lies, the true job of a Defense attorney is to ensure the state proves it's case against the accused, and the defense's job is to try to poke holes in the case. It's what keeps innocent people from being prosecuted willy nilly. The defense should NEVER hide, fabricate, or mislead the court but there are fines lines in some cases. JB is not exactly a top of the line attorney. He's what I refer to as an ambulance chaser. He'd be a great insurance attorney but this is way beyond his ability. No room in this for the games he plays. He's going to get his client convicted even if her guilt couldn't.

That is why in many cases you will see the defense rest with out ever uttering a word in their own case. If someone is innocent, there is no defense so a defense is not warranted. Attacking the SA's case is all they really need to do.

In this case where the circumstantial evidence is so compelling, it's the DT's job to make sure that the evidence is true and points directly to this accused.

Many people misunderstand the job of a defense attorney. He/She does not have to believe the client to be innocent to defend them.

No body likes the defense until they themselves need defending. :twocents:
but of if you are an officer of the court and you know for a fact that a witness is lying, don't you have a duty to tell the truth and report it?

I could be wrong..but isnt there some rule that DP cases has to have DP qualified Lawyer on the defendent's team?...IF CM trys to withdraw..Wont this create yet aoother delay.....Ohhhhh wait..Hasnt that been a defense modes Operendi since day one???

There are currently 2 DP qualified attorneys on KC's team. CM and AF. It would be feasible for one but not both to leave.

Hmmm? it's still anybodies guess. But here would be my reasonings behind any of the current "big 4".

1. CM - Probably the most likely. He has seemed bored with the case lately. It isn't his big hurrah that he expected. Of particular noteworthiness is he has barely been there for the recent evidence hearings, and I don't believe he has been the one to question any of the witnesses, or even address the court. Lately he seems to spend more time defending JB then he does defending KC. This is a problem. he may be getting out of dodge.

snipped, BBM

Good Point LOL Maybe he can represent JB after this trial :crazy:

:praying: LET IT PLEASE BE TOMMY BAHAMA C. Mason ! :praying:

His selective hearing alone will delay the trial a month. Add to that, having to listen to that spit --- Lord, I have not asked for anything for myself in a long time, but PLEASE let it be CM! (I bet KB wouldn't mind knowing she is safe from umbrellas, NASTY comments, trips and pushes either!)

There are currently 2 DP qualified attorneys on KC's team. CM and AF. It would be feasible for one but not both to leave.

I am so relieved to know that..TYVM :great: Personally I just cant see AF bailing..but CM...Yepper..I think he is realizing his good ol boy commradery isnt working, and of course his selective hearing isnt going over as well as he had hoped...CM is so close to retirement..I dont think he wants this case to be the final period on his career..JMOO of course :twocents:

I think KC is withdrawing from her team. This is their last ditch effort to free her. She hopes to pack up her colored pens, folded paper and file folders and walk right out of the courthouse before anyone realizes what is going on.

I'll take a guess that its CM, he doesn't seem to be having much fun... and isn't really liking the media attention as much anymore. By his actions at the last hearing and comments to KB I'd say he may be acting like someone that wasn't going to stick around. Like someone said another time, odd case for him to link himself to before retiring. Hope we find out tonight

That day last week when it was just CM and ICA -- on the issue of the "new witness additions" I thought he and especially ICA looked totally miserable. CM got in and got out. ICA for once looked lost and miserable.

If that body language tells us anything, maybe we have a chance it is CM.

I know one of the attorneys who will be removed for sure - ICA, via lethal injection!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88
Back