2011.04.08 Frye Hearing Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a reminder:

Stay on topic about the hearing and not your personal jib jabs. In addition, name calling gets you an automatic TO.

If you can't help yourself, go to chat where personal comments are allowed: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132751"]WS Has a 24 Hour Chat Room! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] or wait for the Sidebar thread.

This post lands at random.

JB: No biological nature - therefore it is a stain. There was a moist bag of garbage in the car. It is our basis there should be no attempt to assume there is no reason for this court to assume otherwise.

JA: Very clearly pointed out, the state does not concede to the statement of facts, or the facts are true. In this case, they have not provided any of the statements are true. There is a reference of something, but nothing attached is true/proof. The only evidence you've heard thus far, he said there is evidence of fatty acids/tissue, and the motion should be denied.

JB: I would disagree with council. The clerk said "with attachement" and have given attacements. The response by council clearly lays out the tests that were done. If we need to stop the treial and have a preliminary evidentairy hearing we can certainly do that. As your Hounour has said many times, there is photo evidence to the garbage, the tests have been done, what more do you need. However, I think it behooves all parties tomove aside and get through the obcious things that should not be referenced in any opening statements into and before the jury. We would rest on those.

YH: Is there testimony as to any chemical composition of the stain? What I'm simply asking you - in depos or report, is there testimony in composition to the stain?

JB: There is testimony of 4 chemicals done on the stain. Those chemicals are a plethora of chemicals that do not include biological or human nature. I can assure you in testimony that there is this stain that there is biological in nature.

YH: Who is this?

JB: (Mel) sorry didn't catch names

YH: I take it from your answer, that while there are poissible causes of this stain Dr. Vass has said it was consistent with a decomposition.

JB: IT COULD HAVE BEEN A BANANA

Looks like HHJP is putting a lot of stock in dr vass's testimony lol now he is looking to his opinion

We have the Baez quote of the day.

"Could be consistent with a banana"

Yep, he did :)

Judge asked JA to "take a stab at this". Almost as if to say....do you have anything that makes sense to share with the court?

HHJP is suffering NO FOOLS today.

JB is totally thrown and can't even think since he can't "editorialize". He's in a pickle and he knows it.

JA had to school baez on decomp and dna not being present...

Why would not being a physicist have any bearing on someone's opinions of chemical compostions? Did the stain keep moving? Is the stain in space? My goodness.

HH: is there testimony as to the chemical comp of the state. we haven't heard any testimomy today. in depos or reports is there testimony concerning the composition of the stain?

JB: four chemicals found on the stain, however they are consistant with a plethera of items that do not mean they are bio or human. based on the testimony in hearings there is nothing that says this stain is bio in nature.

HH: who is the expert that would testify to that?

JB: giving names.

HH: I take it from your answer that while there are other poss causes of the stain, dr. Vass has the opinion it could be a decomposing body.

JB: it could be a banana. (this team must not have scurvy, they love fruit...oranges, apples, bananas...)

JA: fatty acids consistent with human beings. Libs, i think was also about the stain. he would say the amounts that were present are consistent with a certain stage of decomp. the act of decomp destroys DNA. That does not exclude that it was decomp.

HH: both very helpful. thank you. next motion.

JB: If we need to stop the trial and have a preliminary evidentiary hearing...

Way to telescope your hopes, JB!

Baez talks about delaying at EVERY hearing and has done for months now, he can't help himself. Baez would not be a good poker player.

JB asking for 5 min recess to set up for next motion.

Dr Vass has the testimony that it could be decomposingbody and some other things.
JB: could be a decomposing banana . . . . . if it was a human body you would have dna

JA I believe the LIBS exam was also of the stain, not only what was present but the stage of decomposing remains. decomposing human dna is destroyed during decomp

HHBP - thanks you were both very helpful - next motion
JB - can I have 5 minute recess to set up?

HHBP - we take recess til quarter past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member