2011.04.16 48 Hours: Only Casey Knows

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'll bet a dollar that JB visits her today and tells her the 'verdict'.
Oh, wait a minute, the Jury selection consultant works for the defense.... hmmm

I think it is very clear that the defense team has sent LKB out as a scout to see how the "accident" theory will play. Otherwise, there is no way she would be out there admitting Casey lied. jmo

I'm hoping JA will bring up the fact that the devoted mother sent 553 text message in the time Caylee was 'missing'.... only 2 even mentioned Caylee and those didn't mention any problem.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :goldcrown:

I think it is very clear that the defense team has sent LKB out as a scout to see how the "accident" theory will play. Otherwise, there is no way she would be out there admitting Casey lied. jmo

That and with JB saying on Friday, "The alleged crime was over". Yup, they were going for an accident. :yes:

I watched the show and then went to bed. I haven't read anyone's opinions here yet, so here's my take without any input. LOL

First, I think the state has a lot more to present than just the duct tape. They made it sound like all the evidence hinged on that, but I don't agree with that at all.

Second, they didn't tell us what was presented to the mock jury. They told them to choose based on what was presented. So since I have no idea what they saw in their mock court, maybe I would have had to make the same choice they did? Don't know. But there was at least one person sitting each time, so no verdict could have been reached.

Third, I agree with Richard that picking the jury is going to be extremely important for trial. I read a book that NG wrote before she had a show on HLN and as a prosecutor, she said the exact same thing. She even dedicated a chapter with examples of what the jury does and thinks. And sequestering them has it's own set of problems.

So, those were the top three things that stuck out for me. Off to see what the rest of you wrote about it now! :grouphug:

OK OK OK...I broke down and watched it! This is pure defense spin. Period. No State experts, no testimony from friends saying KC lied, NOTHING. You tell a one sided story, you get a one sided result.
THANK YOU PAM BONDI.

Bold mine.

Yup Cheney! The same "young girl" that you are sitting real close to in the courtroom. The same "young girl" that you are seen touching her arm and hair of in the courtroom. The same "young girl" that grabs you around the waist as she enters the courtroom! Not such a "young girl" then, huh Cheney! :maddening:

So, so RespectfullyQuoted mitzi :takeabow: :tyou: :tyou:
BBM

I had a strong, personal reaction to seeing CM take his index finger, place it in the crook of ICA's arm and start stroking...stroking...stroking...stroking...it was difficult to watch. I cannot begin to express how offended I am to have this same attorney refer to Casey as a 'young lady' or offer any kind of innocent persona for me to believe as he molests her in front of me. I feel as if I was made an accessory to a crime. :yuck:

I saw Casey give CM the big squeeze around his waist as she greeted him at the last hearing. Maybe she knows Jose is not going to be able to save her or she can't count on him and CM is her last chance? Or is she doing the touching because George is not at court. I think it is because George is not in court.

The personal reaction I had, has to do with emotional molestation. We have talked about that before, I believe there is such a thing. With the "beautiful" stuff from George, there is enough evidence for me to believe Casey was emotionally molested by George. He is a selfish man, needs lots of attention and sympathy and he will get it from anyone he can. IMHO: maybe this is the reason ICA claims she was "traditionally" sexually molested by her father, and maybe the reason she is carrying on a emotional affair with CM?

Except for family, I do not just hug anyone and everyone. If someone comes toward me for a hug, I always hug back of course but it is not always comfortable for me. I can like a person a whole lot and still not feel comfortable hugging them, its not personal. It's because I am a freak.

So, my view of normal human interaction and affections is admittedly skewed but I still find what is happening between ICA and CM to be over the top behavior for people who have reason to be close. I was going to post about this in the side bar thread, but it was closed and its not important information but it got brought up again... :twocents: I had to relieve the feelings I had about the subject...feel better.

As far as the 48 hours special. Thank you so much to the people that watched the show and posted. People think the hearings are hard to watch but at least there is the prosecution's side(Caylee's side which will get louder the closer we get to trial and into trial)and HHJP, Kathi B...etc. but with this television program(not news program imo)there is only what the producers want you to know. :loser: I did not and could not watch the show. You all are stronger than I am, I would have raged. :furious: But hearing it from you makes it easier.

Jose and CM sitting there together, on 48 hours stating that Casey can't get a fair trial and this case has been tried in the media...sums up perfectly for me the insanity(smarm)the defense is all about: slight of hand. If it is true that this has been tried in the media, who has done that? If it is true that Casey cannot get a fair trial because of the media, who has done that? :snooty:

My favorite quote posted from this program: "the prosecution refused to speak to 48 hours." :blowkiss: For the State's Attorneys! JA and LDB :tyou:

Trial time, time to put your money where you mouth is...(remember when people used to say that? I do. ) :peace:

:cow:

Someone above wrote: "did anyone else get the feeling the DT were actually being played by the producers of this program? I, for one, got the resounding impression that 48 Hours weren't buying what the DT are selling AT ALL, and, crediting their viewers with rather more intelligence than JB does - of course the entire point of this exercise was ratings - they presented the defense as what it really is - a farce."

Exactly! First of all, this "mock jury" appeared to be more of a "focus group" than a "jury". Given that a "juror" has had evidence presented to them at a trial.

Did anyone catch the preface Jury Consultant Gabriel used in asking these folks if they would convict on first degree murder? "Based on what we have presented to you here today......." So, WHATEVER was presented to these folks was presented to them in one day?

Plus, when discussing conviction on an Involuntary Manslaughter charge, I found it to be interesting that the focus group members were opining (and voting, apparently) on what they thought MIGHT have happened, such as an accidental drowning, etc. My understanding is that if evidence of an accidental death is not presented at a trial, then that theory could not even be considered by a real jury, correct?

In the overall, I feel this broadcast hurt the DT more than it helped them - because it did present the basic story, the 31 days of not reporting the child missing, the smell in the car. I still don't understand LKB's verification that Casey has been lying about the nanny. Other than to think the DT was just so sure they were going to be able to use the "psychiatric disorder" defense. And now that's out, so where does that leave them?

Interesting to me: Clip of George stating that he walked Casey and Caylee out to the car on that last day. Has he since changed that story? Because I recall him saying he was watching TV and "saw them go out the door".

To answer a question: ABC (American Broadcast Corp) paid the original $200,000. Last night's show was CBS. And yes, I thought there was new video of Caylee in there, so would assume some money changed hands along the way for the purchase of that film. And since Casey is indigent, it could not have gone to her or her defense. George and Cindy?

i kind of feel the same way about the program..
no matter what the DT says, or the focus group said (picked only by RG.. not the prosecution, spoon fed what they wanted them to know) it's still hard to get past the 31 days (no excuse is good enough) and her actions during the 31 days and shortly after caylee was reported missing.
if i was someone "new" watching all this for the first time... i would've had the same opinion as i did all along. it doesn't matter if it was an accident and if certain things were done to stage a kidnapping... the fact that she did not call for help and she desecrated her baby girl's body like that should be punishable by life in prison or death. i just hope the prosecution can pull off the premeditation.. i have faith - they're amazing people. i hope ashton can pull himself together for trial.. poor guy probably shakes like a leaf every night

I swore I wasn't going to, but was on this site when everyone started watching. Most of the things the defense and their experts said I just rolled my eyes at, I knew they were coming, but I was surprised at how much time they devoted to Pam Bondi, who was emphatic that no one but ICA could have killed Caylee, and they did show a lot of the weird Anthony family dynamic which she commented on too- she said they all pander to ICA.It wasn't as bad as I expected,the Jury part of it was just the last couple of minutes- they didn't tell us what 'evidence' they were privy to, just staged this scene where they all stood up and accquitted her. A couple of the Jurors stated they thought it had to have been an accident.They said they couldn't convict her, but they didn't want her to walk free either...!
It went to commercial after that so I thought they were going to come back and ask Jury members to explain their decisions but the show was over.
JB wants the Jury to say exactly what this one did- she couldn't have killed her, but we're going to spank her because she didn't do the right thing afterward.

respectfully bbm

I think this is going to enter into the real trial and is going to shoot down for many jurors the DT idea that she was fearful of either parent... she was/still is a spoiled brat and the entire family revolves around her again, now that Caylee is gone. And THAT is the real motive, folks. no accident.

After watching this program, and seeing and hearing that LKB "conceded" that ICA made up the nanny.....OMG. I would think LKB would be lucky to EVER be able to represent another defendant again.

ETA: How funny that the focus group leader/jury consultant says 5 days is not enough to pick a jury, and then JB says the exact same thing to HHJP in court on Friday. Hmmm.

[/B]

So, so RespectfullyQuoted mitzi :takeabow: :tyou: :tyou:
BBM

I had a strong, personal reaction to seeing CM take his index finger, place it in the crook of ICA's arm and start stroking...stroking...stroking...stroking...it was difficult to watch. I cannot begin to express how offended I am to have this same attorney refer to Casey as a 'young lady' or offer any kind of innocent persona for me to believe as he molests her in front of me. I feel as if I was made an accessory to a crime. :yuck: I saw Casey give CM the big squeeze around his waist as she greeted him at the last hearing. Maybe she knows Jose is not going to be able to save her or she can't count on him and CM is her last chance? Or is she doing the touching because George is not at court. I think it is because George is not in court.

The personal reaction I had, has to do with emotional molestation. We have talked about that before, I believe there is such a thing. With the "beautiful" stuff from George, there is enough evidence for me to believe Casey was emotionally molested by George. He is a selfish man, needs lots of attention and sympathy and he will get it from anyone he can. IMHO: maybe this is the reason ICA claims she was "traditionally" sexually molested by her father, and maybe the reason she is carrying on a emotional affair with CM?

Except for family, I do not just hug anyone and everyone. If someone comes toward me for a hug, I always hug back of course but it is not always comfortable for me. I can like a person a whole lot and still not feel comfortable hugging them, its not personal. It's because I am a freak.

So, my view of normal human interaction and affections is admittedly skewed but I still find what is happening between ICA and CM to be over the top behavior for people who have reason to be close. I was going to post about this in the side bar thread, but it was closed and its not important information but it got brought up again... :twocents: I had to relieve the feelings I had about the subject...feel better.

As far as the 48 hours special. Thank you so much to the people that watched the show and posted. People think the hearings are hard to watch but at least there is the prosecution's side(Caylee's side which will get louder the closer we get to trial and into trial)and HHJP, Kathi B...etc. but with this television program(not news program imo)there is only what the producers want you to know. :loser: I did not and could not watch the show. You all are stronger than I am, I would have raged. :furious: But hearing it from you makes it easier.

Jose and CM sitting there together, on 48 hours stating that Casey can't get a fair trial and this case has been tried in the media...sums up perfectly for me the insanity(smarm)the defense is all about: slight of hand. If it is true that this has been tried in the media, who has done that? If it is true that Casey cannot get a fair trial because of the media, who has done that? :snooty:

My favorite quote posted from this program: "the prosecution refused to speak to 48 hours." :blowkiss: For the State's Attorneys! JA and LDB :tyou:

Trial time, time to put your money where you mouth is...(remember when people used to say that? I do. ) :peace:

:cow:

BBM

I get the same nauseous reaction to that particular clip... even thinking about it makes me have to look at roadkill to erase it from my head..... Casey behaves inappropriately with every male she comes in contact with... even in front of the cameras.... it's her standard method of controlling the relationships. She invites intimacies that are inapproprite and then claims it was the other parties fault. They took advantage of her.. I suspect that is how she got herself pregnant as well. its how she rolls.

NOT EVEN A DAY ------------> "After roughly four-and-a-half hours, the participants came to a shocking conclusion."
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/04/16/48hours/main20054402_page5.shtml

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: And the judge estimates 2-3 months for the trial!

It would not take more than one day just to list the evidence. What takes so long in an actual trial is the back and forth questioning from both sides, with the defense trying to dispute it and the prosecution trying to prove it. I'm sure that they didn't have any of this in the mock trial, just one person laying out what the evidence is, with a brief explanation of the significance of each exhibit, and then a brief summary of what the defense would present as rebuttal.

Mock juries are fairly common in a lot of cases. I participated in an online mock jury several years ago, and the case was laid out very well, both sides were presented in general terms... no opening or closing statements, no objections, no sidebars, no questioning. Just the facts pertaining to the case. It was interesting to find out afterwards how the case was finally decided.

It would not take more than one day just to list the evidence. What takes so long in an actual trial is the back and forth questioning from both sides, with the defense trying to dispute it and the prosecution trying to prove it. I'm sure that they didn't have any of this in the mock trial, just one person laying out what the evidence is, with a brief explanation of the significance of each exhibit, and then a brief summary of what the defense would present as rebuttal.

Mock juries are fairly common in a lot of cases. I participated in an online mock jury several years ago, and the case was laid out very well, both sides were presented in general terms... no opening or closing statements, no objections, no sidebars, no questioning. Just the facts pertaining to the case. It was interesting to find out afterwards how the case was finally decided.

That would be interesting to participate in an online mock jury!

If it were an accident why, oh why would you not have called 911 instead of taking the time to tear four pieces of duct tape and place them on your child's face. That could have been time you spent trying to revive your child. jmo

Even Cindy has said if it were an accident, Casey would have called 911.

Cindy has also said all of this has brought her and Casey closer together, that sounds like motive on behalf of Casey to me. Get rid of snot head, receive mommy's attention and support.

I think even Casey was surprised Cindy was so easily able to forgive her because in the taped interviews, she said something about thinking her mother might not ever be able to forgive her. This, imo, is why Casey displays such anger towards George and why George has not been in court. I don't think behind closed doors, George forgives Casey. He still loves his daughter, but he hates what "someone he raised was capable of".

It has to hurt witnessing people want your daughter to fry, but at the same time he hurts for Caylee. Which is why in an odd way, I can sort of relate to the Anthony's family dynamic. I have a mother who drives me insane. She is selfish, a user and I have had a few blow ups at her BUT, when someone else she has made angry starts with her in front of me- I go into total protection mode and I annoy myself because I realize I am doing it, she doesn't deserve it. She is a big girl and in fact what she does deserve is be confronted and to hear the consequences of how she has affected others and what they think about her character and behavior. It makes no sense to me why I behave that way... I feel she never protected me.
I have definitely felt shock/disgust that someone who raised me has been capable of some of the things that woman was capable of and having to defend, apologize and cover for her since I was small :banghead:

I agree! Until she started with the whole 'Poor Casey' Spiel... then I started tuning her out. Million dollar question. What does the defense have up their sleeve????

I could use a million - let me answer for you!!! :rocker:

They did have a couple of mental health experts who were going to do-si-do around the courtroom and float a few theories, but whoops! The defense had to withdraw them and now they have.....

Nothing! :great:

I could not participate though, because I have already formed my opinion. That is why I could not serve on an impartial jury. But I would, of course, be up front and honest during jury voir dire, and let the attorneys and judge know that. There are people, however, that can put aside what they feel and can weigh the evidence and come to a verdict. Thank God for those people. I am just not one that is logical enough to put aside what I have learned about ICA and this case, and separate my head from my heart. But there will be a jury found that can.

JB is going to explain..."my client was under the influence of her latest stud muffin and could not react like the loving mother that she was...hypnotically influenced she was unable to grieve for her much loved daughter"
oh if that doesn't work.then DT will fictionalize another scenario

...how about she waited until body could not yield ANY evidence of the cause of death!
WHY DON'T THE DT USE CAYLEE"S NAME????
don't want to personalize her as a victim.:banghead:

Yes. It's very interesting. This was done by a national focus group. I got into it when I started doing a lot of mystery shops and online survey groups.
Actually, I took part in several mock juries, the cases were not high profile and mostly minor crimes, some civil cases, too... would have loved to be a part of a "big" case, though.

BBM

I get the same nauseous reaction to that particular clip... even thinking about it makes me have to look at roadkill to erase it from my head..... Casey behaves inappropriately with every male she comes in contact with... even in front of the cameras.... it's her standard method of controlling the relationships. She invites intimacies that are inapproprite and then claims it was the other parties fault. They took advantage of her.. I suspect that is how she got herself pregnant as well. its how she rolls.

There is also another much more reasonable explanation for KC's touching...her mother does it. We have seen it in pictures and in videos. CA is way too friendly, IMO, to those males she has just become acquainted with and then turn around and is snippy to woman. If you are overly friendly, you are overly friendly to everyone.

That being said, KC has been out of touch being physically responsive to anyone so those quick little touch sessions are more reasuring to her that not everyone hates her. KC is clearly starving for attention so welcomes that they feel free to touch her and are not repulsed by her. jmo

I watched the show but haven't had time to read this thread yet. I am anxious to read everyone's thoughts. I thought the mock jury was a huge JOKE and a huge insult, not only to the people of Orlando, but all of FL. Thank goodness there was one person that was there to speak for the victim. Thank you Pam Bondi. My husband watched it with me and said there was not one thing about JB or CM that seemed likable or trustworthy. He did feel some sympathy for CA in the beginning of the show....as the show went on he turned to me and said....she really is a lying bxxch, isn't she! I do not think this show is going to go over well with the Judge either. IMO there is nothing JB can or will say in his opening statement that is going to explain anything KC did. Bottom line is even the mock jury had to admit KC is guilty of Caylee's death....just not able to agree on the method...murder or accidental

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog
Back