2011.04.28 Emergency Media Motion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baez put up such a fight about Orlando and caused all this and now people want to sabotage this too. She would have had her fair trial right there in Orlando. Baez is going to bankrupt Florida the way he is going.

My personal opinion is that HHJP should just say what the heck, and pick the jury from Orange County. Then a list should be made of all the media events where CA/GA, Jose and CM have blathered themselves silly, and hang on to it until an appeal is issued from KC's new attorneys (after she is convicted), showing that her own parents and attorneys caused all this commotion. There is NO reason that a jury cannot be seated from the entire Orange County...not everyone follows this as closely as we do. There are plenty of people that do not even know a bit about this case. Screw the dang change of venue. JB and CM blew that when they did their latest interviews on InSession and had their "fantasy" 48 hours program.

I am so angry right now!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

snipped from : http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-casey-anthony-trial-media-appeal-20110503,0,1776456.story

The Associated Press and a number of non-local news organizations have appealed Chief Judge Belvin Perry's order governing pre-notification of the jury selection venue in the Casey Anthony trial.

The appeal is significant because it could lead to a delay in the start of the high-profile murder trial's jury selection, which is scheduled to commence Monday morning.

:cow::cow::cow:

You would have to be "crazy" ... "insane" ... or outright "dumb" and "ignorant" to appeal a decision made by HH Judge Perry ... especially after HHJP's performance in the Court yesterday !

I would not want to go before Judge Perry for a traffic violation ... much less something of this magnitude.

The "audacity" of the news media ... and I would NOT be surprised if the DT has their hands in this !

BBM

I agree! This does smack of the DT, doesn't it? GR works for Fox, and he stated that he was coming to Florida to raise heck. As long as it doesn't delay the trial, they can do whatever they want. moo

I agree with "whome" on this ~

Why the sudden run to the court house now to file this media when they have all known for months how the jury selection was going to be handled.
Judge Perry did not stutter or mutter when he was explaining how this would take place.

IMO - this smells to high heaven of Baez and Team.
Baez may have sat there in court yesterday shaking his head, and not objecting to Judge Perry, or, the media; and Cindy sat there shaking her head and body in disagreement with the media attorney.

But, this is their last hoorah, and I firmly believe that the DT put someone in the media up to this.
I don't blame Judge Perry for being PO'ed yesterday. If I were in his shoes, I would be angry as all get out.

If these so-called media outlets were so concerned about this, then they should have acted long before now.

You want to know why Casey Anthony sat there and showed real tears yesterday? It had NOTHING to do with wanting a "Fair Trial".
The defense and Miss Anthony have not "played fair" since day one.
Or is is day 31?
Depends on how the cake is sliced.

Casey Anthony DOES NOT WANT A FAIR TRIAL - that's what she was crying about yesterday in court.
Not the words that Judge Perry spoke, about her having a "fair trial". Those words meant nothing to her now or before.

If she wanted a fair trial, and if she were innocent, we would not have seen Baez mucking it up to every microphone shoved under his nose, and, we would have had our "ah ha moment" 2yrs and 9 months ago when this started.
And, Linda Kenny-Baden would not have been on tv 2yrs and 8 months after the fact telling us that of course there was no Nanny, that of course Casey lied.

I hope this stunt whips around and bites them so hard that they never can walk into a court room again.
JMO ~

You deserve a gazillion thanks for this post because it is so right on!!! Post of the day.

My personal opinion is that HHJP should just say what the heck, and pick the jury from Orange County. Then a list should be made of all the media events where CA/GA, Jose and CM have blathered themselves silly, and hang on to it until an appeal is issued from KC's new attorneys (after she is convicted), showing that her own parents and attorneys caused all this commotion. There is NO reason that a jury cannot be seated from the entire Orange County...not everyone follows this as closely as we do. There are plenty of people that do not even know a bit about this case. Screw the dang change of venue. JB and CM blew that when they did their latest interviews on InSession and had their "fantasy" 48 hours program.

I am so angry right now!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Orange County could seat a fair and impartial jury! I agree. I am socially active in this County and know no one at all who follows this case. If I asked 20 people they would not be able to tell me the parents' names let alone the relationship ICA has with her parents. I'm sure my colleagues don't know the difference between Casey and Caylee.

He never mentions it. For someone who is computer literate and aware of all the media attention that is causing him such distress I do not understand why he is clamping down on media access to information but allowing JB and CM to do this publicity blitz. JB is the one complaining his client can't get a fair trial because of Media.
Gag order is what's needed.

Maybe HHJP is giving the defense enough rope to hang themselves in regards to any appeals regarding KC appealing later that there was too much media involvement. Could he be keeping track of all the media events done by CA, GA, JB and CM? :waitasec:

I am getting the impression Holland & Knight are affiliated w/ACLU...if so, well, well, well. I get a real good sense of where this motion started.

Back to my research...I have a sneaky suspicion that this motion put up the other day was well-planned. If they are ACLU, we can expect them to take it to the Supreme Court..

So far it looks like I am correct and that this law firm who motioned the Court is tied at the hip with the ACLU. Just had that suspicion when I saw the attorney who presented her case to Judge Perry.

:waitasec:

Very Interesting, Whisperer ! You "may" be on to "something."

You have me "wondering" now if the ACLU is working "behind the scenes" on this issue ? It is definitely an issue the ACLU would take up !

Do we know if Cheney has any prior and/or current connections to the ACLU ? Does Baez or anyone else associated with their firm have a connection ?

Also ... I wonder if this "POSSIBILITY" of the ACLU in conjunction with the media crew has been brought to the attention of HH Judge Perry ?

If there is a connection ... you can "bet your boots" it will get exposed !

Yup, this stinks to high heaven of JB ...it's the last card they have to pull...taint the pool.
It's like I almost get the feeling, they are begging for JP to call them out on the media spinning, so they can call him Bias...once again.
Since they've already played that card with Judge Strickland,I read you can only use that once , per case ! So what else can they do?
Or maybe this is a way to have the Evidentiary Hearing....As a way to log all the media tours from "All of them for later charges" I felt that might be the reason that the SA didn't object. It would Be Sweet, huh?

Orange County could seat a fair and impartial jury! I agree. I am socially active in this County and know no one at all who follows this case. If I asked 20 people they would not be able to tell me the parents' names let alone the relationship ICA has with her parents. I'm sure my colleagues don't know the difference between Casey and Caylee.

ITA, it's all a delay tactic for the defense. I would put big money on this being the brainchild of Ole Mr. Warhorse Attorney. :maddening:

Maybe the jury will be selected in Seminole County after all. That is a change of venue and JB cannot successfully argue that there is too much media attention there because it is clear that he is part and parcel of the circus. The Judge has not criticized CM and JB for appearing on shows as recently as this week. You haven't heard any complaint about it from the bench, have you? HHJP is storing up ammunition and may have that jury selected from right here in town. How can they successfully argue change of venue and keep showing their mugs on tv? We'll see.

This is getting ridiculous. Orange County has 1.1 million residents! I'm pretty sure we can find 12 people in the county to serve on the jury. The OJ Simpson trial wasn't even moved out of the county. If you are not interested in this case, you are not going to watch NG, GMA, 48 Hours, and other news segments about it. I wish they had done a poll and asked Orange County residents basic questions about the case to see how much they know, and how much they followed the case.

If you've got a couple of bucks laying around, I "bet" you could double those ones.

That is exactly what this 12th hour visit is all about.

Please, someone start a thread for this~! TIA.

I started a thread last last night.....................

There should be a decision today, right? When HHJP made this decision he said (paraphrased) go ahead and file an appeal, the answer will be the same.
I think it's his call at this stage although I have reservations about it....:innocent:

My guess is if Judge Perry said that, he researched it. I think he was so passionate because he knew he was right, knew his peers will agree he is right and is not worried about anything the media may try to do. jmo

Well don't forget Andrea Lyon is an ACLU darling...

III. AMICI CURIAE:
ACLU Side
(Petitioner/Appellant) Opposing Side
(Respondent/Appellee)
Briefs of amici curiae urging affirmance were filed for the American Civil Liberties Union, et al., by Daniel T. Kobil, Steven R. Shapiro, and Diann Y. Rust-Tierney; and for the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers by Andrea D. Lyon and Barbara E. Bergman

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:jZe1i5NL8PwJ:aclu.procon.org/view.resource.php%3FresourceID%3D2335+andrea+lyon+and+aclu&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

Well don't forget Andrea Lyon is an ACLU darling...

III. AMICI CURIAE:
ACLU Side
(Petitioner/Appellant) Opposing Side
(Respondent/Appellee)
Briefs of amici curiae urging affirmance were filed for the American Civil Liberties Union, et al., by Daniel T. Kobil, Steven R. Shapiro, and Diann Y. Rust-Tierney; and for the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers by Andrea D. Lyon and Barbara E. Bergman

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:jZe1i5NL8PwJ:aclu.procon.org/view.resource.php%3FresourceID%3D2335+andrea+lyon+and+aclu&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

:tyou::tyou:

I had a feeling that someone from the DT was involved !

Now I truly believe that the DT has been working this motion and appeal from behind the scenes ... along with the "possible" assistance of the ACLU ...

ETA: MY Opinion Only

:tyou::tyou:

I had a feeling that someone from the DT was involved !

Now I truly believe that the DT has been working this motion and appeal from behind the scenes ... along with the assistance of the ACLU ...

Oh, I pray that the Judge and SA are aware of this connection. Something tells me they prob are not, but I really hope they are.

Oh, I pray that the Judge and SA are aware of this connection. Something tells me they prob are not, but I really hope they are.

We heard it said long ago - "George Anthony is a man that knows many things" ~

IMO - Judge Perry is a man that knows many things, and the things that he knows would put George Anthony in a completely differant class.

IF the ACLU, or anyone else is behind all of this, you can be assured that Judge Perry knew about before he put on his robes for the day and walked into his court room.

He was angry for a good reason, and trueth be known, for more than one reason, IMO.
I don't think that many people, or things, have ever gotton over on this highly respected and knowledgable man. He didn't get to where he is sitting by slacking off and letting things slide.
IMO, this is a man that is always 10 steps ahead of the game and makes sure that he also has 15-20 back-up plans to his plans, and sub-plans and what-ifs.

When Judge Perry blows, the roof of that court house will go sky high, and I think as other's have said, he is quietly sitting and taking count of all the interviews, etc. He will spring those on the DT when the time is right, and you better believe it will be in plain English; not a passing "48 Hours" comment.
It will be loud and clear and the person/people he will be referring to will darn well know who he is talking to ~

Judge Perry with his attitude the other day, as much as was telling that attorney not to even try this stunt of pusing it further.
He baited her, she took it, and I think all Hell is about to break loose, IMO.

Run for cover DT, it aint' gonna be pretty.
Casey might have to grab Jose's cell phone and call 911.

As for the appeal filed by several media outlets to gain permission to report where jurors will come from, Baez would only say that's between the media and Judge Belvin Perry.

Barring any delay because of the appeal, jury selection in Casey's murder trial is set to start on Monday.

Ed. Note: WESH is one of the media organizations appealing the decision.

This was from Nums original post:

Baez Talks Casey Case Over Coffee
Baez Addresses National Association of Hispanic Journalists Chapter

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27774920/detail.html#ixzz1LPJm1C15

Who is so not surprised WESH is involved in this appeal? There were have it, direct DT involvement!

I think JB's sober face during JP's meltdown and the fact the CA was shaking, could there is a connection with defense. If the site location were released it would only benefit defense. Didn't JB shake his head no when the judge mentioned defense not wanting a gag order. And didn't the judge later ask JB directly if it was true that defense said no when a gag order was offered. Did the judge catch someone with their hand in the "cookie" jar. The judge was really, really, really mad. All the time CM seemed to be smiling. Stirring the pot???? jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog