2011.04.28 Emergency Media Motion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You've made some good points ZsaZsa - but I don't think CJBP is at all concerned with media privilege - all he is doing is closing every possible door leading to the Defense trotting off to the appellate court once ICA's sentence has been pronounced. That's what CJBP cares about. The law and preserving it.

Amen and amen!

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how this is similar. :waitasec: Judge Perry isn't keeping anyone out, just a delay in revealing the location!

This is exactly what he's doing. He's not keeping anyone out of the jury selection process - just not revealing the location for jury selection to the media until about 12 hours prior to the start of jury selection. He's giving them plenty of time to get their reporters and equipment moved to the county of jury selection. The media won't miss a thing........except they won't have the time to exploit the jury selection county ahead of time.

I don't see anything wrong with what HHMP is doing, and in fact, he's going all out to try to preserve the jury pool from being tainted by publicity about the case ahead of time.

I'm getting angry with the media for trying to push this issue. I hope the appellate court denies their appeal, and the trial stays on track to begin with jury selection next Monday.

This is exactly what he's doing. He's not keeping anyone out of the jury selection process - just not revealing the location for jury selection to the media until about 12 hours prior to the start of jury selection. He's giving them plenty of time to get their reporters and equipment moved to the county of jury selection. The media won't miss a thing........except they won't have the time to exploit the jury selection county ahead of time.

I don't see anything wrong with what HHMP is doing, and in fact, he's going all out to try to preserve the jury pool from being tainted by publicity about the case ahead of time.

I'm getting angry with the media for trying to push this issue. I hope the appellate court denies their appeal, and the trial stays on track to begin with jury selection next Monday.

If HHJP loses this appeal,and the media is given the location,then why go to that location, why not just stay in Orange County? The pre trial publicity would be all over Fla. so no need for a switch. I said it before and I will say it again,this was Fox,Geraldo and Baez. This deal was made so this case would not go to trial. I hope I'm wrong,but I think they have some other shenanigans they might play. :twocents:

I took a keen interest in this case in 2008, by the time of the so-called funeral in which CA must have cremated an unknown child (she now says Caylee is alive)I threw my hands up, left this case, to save my life. Cindy A. raised my BP ( I am not kidding). I was imploding when I listened to her tapes. I took two years off from this case..just returned the last few weeks or so:banghead:

Welcome back! I love seeing posters with lots of posts coming here (or back here)!! PS I love your avatar. I have no idea why....just strikes me as funny.

If HHJP loses this appeal,and the media is given the location,then why go to that location, why not just stay in Orange County? The pre trial publicity would be all over Fla. so no need for a switch. I said it before and I will say it again,this was Fox,Geraldo and Baez. This deal was made so this case would not go to trial. I hope I'm wrong,but I think they have some other shenanigans they might play. :twocents:

I hadn't thought of that but you may be right.
One of HHJP's reasons for agreeing to the change of venue was the fact that at the beginning of the case protestors gathered outside the A house- from what I saw there were attention seeking people outside and inside the house,all dying to get combative on camera. They should have been ignored or moved along by Police. Once ICA was in jail I think all that stopped. I am not sure why he is still concerned about this- I still feel the venue should be Orlando.

Secret Jury-Select Plan Appealed in Casey Anthony Murder Case; Similar Issue Wins Reversal in Wash.

http://www.abajournal.com/news/artic...ury_selection/

I think Zsa is right. :(

I agree with those who say that this case is not the same as the situation in the Anthony case. Also, I would imagine that closing the courtroom for jury selection was not the only issue the reversal was based on.

I hadn't thought of that but you may be right.
One of HHJP's reasons for agreeing to the change of venue was the fact that at the beginning of the case protestors gathered outside the A house- from what I saw there were attention seeking people outside and inside the house,all dying to get combative on camera. They should have been ignored or moved along by Police. Once ICA was in jail I think all that stopped. I am not sure why he is still concerned about this- I still feel the venue should be Orlando.

I agree,I do think the protesting stopped once ICA went to jail,so that argument that the D/T made as of TODAY, has no merit. With publicity all over the state, let the case be held in Orange County,save the taxpayers some money because I so strongly believe JB/CM/Fox broadcasting all are in bed with this motion. Did you notice, JB had nothing to add to the judge's argument,and this is HIS CLIENT. This stinks to high heaven. I am so mad about this,and CM has the NERVE to give an interview. :maddening: :maddening:

I agree with "whome" on this ~

Why the sudden run to the court house now to file this media when they have all known for months how the jury selection was going to be handled.
Judge Perry did not stutter or mutter when he was explaining how this would take place.

IMO - this smells to high heaven of Baez and Team.
Baez may have sat there in court yesterday shaking his head, and not objecting to Judge Perry, or, the media; and Cindy sat there shaking her head and body in disagreement with the media attorney.

But, this is their last hoorah, and I firmly believe that the DT put someone in the media up to this.
I don't blame Judge Perry for being PO'ed yesterday. If I were in his shoes, I would be angry as all get out.

If these so-called media outlets were so concerned about this, then they should have acted long before now.

You want to know why Casey Anthony sat there and showed real tears yesterday? It had NOTHING to do with wanting a "Fair Trial".
The defense and Miss Anthony have not "played fair" since day one.
Or is is day 31?
Depends on how the cake is sliced.

Casey Anthony DOES NOT WANT A FAIR TRIAL - that's what she was crying about yesterday in court.
Not the words that Judge Perry spoke, about her having a "fair trial". Those words meant nothing to her now or before.

If she wanted a fair trial, and if she were innocent, we would not have seen Baez mucking it up to every microphone shoved under his nose, and, we would have had our "ah ha moment" 2yrs and 9 months ago when this started.
And, Linda Kenny-Baden would not have been on tv 2yrs and 8 months after the fact telling us that of course there was no Nanny, that of course Casey lied.

I hope this stunt whips around and bites them so hard that they never can walk into a court room again.
JMO ~

Good point! If this media appeal does succeed, there really won't be a need to go to another county for jury selection. Just stay there in Orange County and proceed with jury selection. But, that might hand the defense a reason for appeal later on.

If I remember correctly, it was sometime in late February that HHMP announced that he would be choosing a county for jury selection and would keep it secret until one week prior for the attorneys involved, and the media would know sometime the day prior with enough time to get their reporters and equipment to the county of jury selection.

Why didn't the media file this motion then? Why did they wait until a week before jury selection, when if their motion was denied and they took it to an appellate court, it would risk delaying the trial? This issue should have been settled two months ago, unless there was a different motive in doing it now.

I just CANNOT understand how there can be all this uproar about publicity affecting the fairness of the trial - and we have CM and JB going on insession, 48 Hours, etc. Can't HHJP mention this farce?

Why the sudden run to the court house now to file this media when they have all known for months how the jury selection was going to be handled.
Judge Perry did not stutter or mutter when he was explaining how this would take place.

Baez may have sat there in court yesterday shaking his head, and not objecting to Judge Perry, or, the media; and Cindy sat there shaking her head and body in disagreement with the media attorney.

But, this is their last hoorah, and I firmly believe that the DT put someone in the media up to this.
I don't blame Judge Perry for being PO'ed yesterday. If I were in his shoes, I would be angry as all get out.

If these so-called media outlets were so concerned about this, then they should have acted long before now.

You want to know why Casey Anthony sat there and showed real tears yesterday? It had NOTHING to do with wanting a "Fair Trial".
Or is is day 31?

Casey Anthony DOES NOT WANT A FAIR TRIAL - that's what she was crying about yesterday in court.
Not the words that Judge Perry spoke, about her having a "fair trial". Those words meant nothing to her now or before.

If she wanted a fair trial, and if she were innocent, we would not have seen Baez mucking it up to every microphone shoved under his nose, and, we would have had our "ah ha moment" 2yrs and 9 months ago when this started.
And, Linda Kenny-Baden would not have been on tv 2yrs and 8 months after the fact telling us that of course there was no Nanny, that of course Casey lied.

I hope this stunt whips around and bites them so hard that they never can walk into a court room again.
JMO ~

Excellent post!
OT but If you want to see what one smart WS figures the DT might also be up to re the A's visiting ICA pre trial which will 'upset her so much she will confess there was an accident' so that they can testify to that effect. This whole case leaves a dirty taste in your mouth ...

I just CANNOT understand how there can be all this uproar about publicity affecting the fairness of the trial - and we have CM and JB going on insession, 48 Hours, etc. Can't HHJP mention this farce?

He never mentions it. For someone who is computer literate and aware of all the media attention that is causing him such distress I do not understand why he is clamping down on media access to information but allowing JB and CM to do this publicity blitz. JB is the one complaining his client can't get a fair trial because of Media.
Gag order is what's needed.

Excellent post!
OT but If you want to see what one smart WS figures the DT might also be up to re the A's visiting ICA pre trial which will 'upset her so much she will confess there was an accident' so that they can testify to that effect. This whole case leaves a dirty taste in your mouth ...

I saw that news item and wondered why we didn't have a thread on the request for a jailhouse family visit before trial. I was thinking of starting a thread myself, because I thought this was highly unusual considering that there's been no jailhouse visits in 2 and 1/2 years. But, I didn't think in terms that it might be an underhanded defense tactic!

I saw that news item and wondered why we didn't have a thread on the request for a jailhouse family visit before trial. I was thinking of starting a thread myself, because I thought this was highly unusual considering that there's been no jailhouse visits in 2 and 1/2 years. But, I didn't think in terms that it might be an underhanded defense tactic!

Sounds like a great thread to me...

Or is is day 31?

JMO ~

You know,we've seen some funky things going on in all of these hearings,but I don't recall ever seeing HHJP so angry :waitasec: Maybe he knows who or what is behind this.
Something set him off ,yesterday ,and it doesn't make sense to me that it was the medias motion,alone.

Excellent post!

Thank You ZsaZsa ~ And yes, of course this the reason that the Anthony's want to "visit" with Casey all of a sudden, now.

The defense team had to withdraw their experts witness' last week that would have testified as to what Casey had told him ~
So, here they are left with the only ones that they think can pull this off yet.

Have a big old "last minute confession" of some sort, get things delayed, and all is good in the world of Anthony make-believe again.
You can be assured that there has been comunication all along between them, as we've already known. It just hasn't stopped as they have wanted everyone to believe.

Baez was waaaaaaay to nervous in court yesterday, and, for him to get up at the end and tell the judge that "they had gone ahead and just paid for the transcriptions" that they wanted !!! WHAT???? On his $3 an hour, they sprang for this fee??

He was trying way to hard to not draw attention himself, acting as if this media thing was annoying to him, etc.
He loved every minute of it, and is probably gloating right now that his or someone on his team had a "plan come together".

They will be so sorry if this gets their much wanted delay.

It will only give the state more time to gather more info and dot a few more "i's and recross their "t's".
Maybe even give them more ammunition to go after the grandmother and grandfather.....time will tell.

Be carefull what you wish for.
Everyone talks about Karma, but, personally, I'm more afraid of revenge, served up cold when least expected.

If you've got a couple of bucks laying around, I "bet" you could double those ones.

That is exactly what this 12th hour visit is all about.

Please, someone start a thread for this~! TIA.

snipped from : http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-casey-anthony-trial-media-appeal-20110503,0,1776456.story

The Associated Press and a number of non-local news organizations have appealed Chief Judge Belvin Perry's order governing pre-notification of the jury selection venue in the Casey Anthony trial.

The appeal is significant because it could lead to a delay in the start of the high-profile murder trial's jury selection, which is scheduled to commence Monday morning.

:cow::cow::cow:

You would have to be "crazy" ... "insane" ... or outright "dumb" and "ignorant" to appeal a decision made by HH Judge Perry ... especially after HHJP's performance in the Court yesterday !

I would not want to go before Judge Perry for a traffic violation ... much less something of this magnitude.

The "audacity" of the news media ... and I would NOT be surprised if the DT has their hands in this !

I have followed this case from day 1 and of course I am very much into it. But if this keeps going on and I don't pull myself away from it I'll be the one having the break down before Cindy!

You and me both, Bon. I can feel my tummy twisting in knots and my blood pressure rising. I'm here for the duration, but much more carp and I'll have to go on sedatives myself! :)

Funny, I noticed that LambChop. I didn't miss too much despite the thousand and thousands of documents...LOL>

Yup...the only things you missed was more bu77carp and more spikes in your blood pressure! :maddening:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EasyFiling