2011.05.04 - Day Eight of the Trial-Jury deliberates

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Wrinkles
I actually only have ever met BC, and that was literally just an introduction because of working with his wife back when I was in college. However, his parents are a different story. While I don't KNOW them, I grew up in their area - they enjoy being seen, showing off their possessions, having everyone know who they are and what they do. I have never seen KC in person.

I knew Ron quite well in high school - all I can say is that he sure did change, and not for the better. He was a great guy back then. He didn't have money - I'm wondering if that's the reason money has become the most important thing he worships. I can't say whether he worships God or not - he was somewhat religious back in school - but I don't see evidence that he worshipped his grandchildren at all. I can't imagine being like that. I'm glad I have lost contact with him.

I thought the jury would have a verdict in a couple of hours. I hope they are just waiting until after dinner so no one will accuse them of not deliberating. I hope no one is a holdout for innocent. As for dp vs life - can't really see why that should hold anyone up. I imagine all the jurors know the gov will not allow the dp to stand anyway.

Well the death penalty law doesn't go in effect until July... anything can happen between now & then. Getting rid of the DP wasn't a hugely popular decision the governor made... so he may be even more unpopular communing the DP for CC.

Just got online and can't believe the jury is deliberating already! :eek:

Blu, welcome to our group!

:wagon:

Well the death penalty law doesn't go in effect until July... anything can happen between now & then. Getting rid of the DP wasn't a hugely popular decision the governor made... so he may be even more unpopular communing the DP for CC.

I'm thinking he will commute it, but I'd rather let the dp stand. Although, would that be better? Life w/o parole would make him live the prison life with no hope of ever having a better life. Death - lets him off easy to some extent. I really don't know which I prefer.

BTW - I didn't vote for Quinn, but there wasn't a good choice in Illinois for governor. And it's funny that Blago is back on trial and I'm so focused on Coleman that I couldn't tell you a thing about the Blago trial!!!

Honestly... DP vs. Life... I don't know. Sometimes I think LWOP is too easy. They get to live, eat, shower, work in the prison, have visitors, etc... When LWOP is sentenced I think they should plaster their cells with their handywork and make them look at the pictures day in & day out. A little mental torture... but that's just me!

We're now past the 3 hour mark of deliberations... making me a bit nervous. I can't imagine the defense raised anything in their arguments that would possibly end up with reasonable doubt in the jurors minds. Unreasonable maybe.

Just got online and can't believe the jury is deliberating already! :eek:

Blu, welcome to our group!

:wagon:

Just got here also, Kimster! I checked in earlier and knew the jury was deliberating .......expected it after I saw the online news that the defense only called those two witnesses.

Honestly... DP vs. Life... I don't know. Sometimes I think LWOP is too easy. They get to live, eat, shower, work in the prison, have visitors, etc... When LWOP is sentenced I think they should plaster their cells with their handywork and make them look at the pictures day in & day out. A little mental torture... but that's just me!

We're now past the 3 hour mark of deliberations... making me a bit nervous. I can't imagine the defense raised anything in their arguments that would possibly end up with reasonable doubt in the jurors minds. Unreasonable maybe.
at minimum, i think they would go through everything again...but agree, the longer it takes, it does make me nervous....probably 10-2 and they have to get those 2 on board...

I wonder what they are talking about in there? Maybe they are trying to come up with something that might lead to reasonable doubt just to make sure and they can't think of one thing!

I hope they aren't having to convince anyone. It is so obvious he's the only one who could have done it.

I've been thinking the exact same thing since 3 p.m. :)

Wonder what they are deliberating? Life or death would be the only two options I would hope would be on the table right now.

Doesn't the jury decide that after the penalty phase? Right now I thought they were deliberating guilty vs. not guilty. :)

I think if I were on that jury, though I have zero doubt that Coleman is guilty, I'd feel a duty to go through a review of all the evidence with my fellow jurors.

I hope that is what's happening.

I wonder what they are talking about in there? Maybe they are trying to come up with something that might lead to reasonable doubt just to make sure and they can't think of one thing!

Are they still deliberating or have the quit for the night?

ChrisHayesTV Chris Hayes
#colemantrial jury in 4th hour of deliberations. Still no sign about what may happen next. @fox2now

Still deliberating last I saw. They were served dinner.

I can't wait to put GUILTY next to his name on the title of a thread!

:waiting:

I don't know how you guys have been able to wait so long. I've only known for an hour and I'm itching for a verdict.

I think I have refreshed this page 4,000 times in the last hour.

Looks like Ccup might have given in to temptation and gone to the courthouse...

I keep refreshing here and Chat House News....some housework being done between clicks, though.....sorta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne