2011.05.04 Verdict Watch

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. It points to a guy forgetting some of the details and not realizing how deep into his work computer an investigation might go. Think Brad imagined the FBI would be interested in his useless wife's death? He most certainly did not. He had no idea the FBI would get involved. Think Brad thought his own little AdventuresOfBrad.com website and it's settings would be examined? Nope. It proves that Brad doesn't think of *everything.* No one does.

If murderers thought of everything, the prisons would be empty. There's a reason most murderers are caught, they leave evidence - as did Bradleee.

One thing I've never understood is why the kids were in daycare if NC wasn't working and the couple was having financial problems. Childcare for two kids in Cary will run you about $2000 a month. If I was a controlling S.O.B. stressed about money, the first thing I would do is take the kids out of daycare.

I agree 100% with this Lori, I would also add, that Nancy did not leave the home because her lawyer advised her to stay there ( which I am sure JA regrets) as it could be interpreted as abandoning. Then of course she could not afford her own place. Nancy was unfortunately behind the eight ball. She did get a lawyer and initiate separation and divorce proceedings. Brad did not. He was not interested in negotiating..

Brad did his own investigating, and made unilateral decisions using the children to manipulate Nancy. Brad coulda woulda SHOULDA at least got legal representation to get his wants and needs met..and NOT take matters into his own hands!!

Sorry, I just dont see Brad in the same light as some wish to portray..:twocents:

Im waiting impatiently for the juror's decision like everyone here is:pullhair::whistle::waiting:

This tells me that neither NC or her attorney thought that this was anything more than what it appeared to be. Believe me, I am not blaming the victim, she just didn't have any clue that BC would or could get violent.imo.
AS you all know, I believe in guilt not proven.

We have heard he was never around...exercised like a maniac, worked on his MBA, worked his job. Gone from early morning until late at night. I imagined they sort of lived separate lives....This is not an ideal marriage...both people needs were not being met. I for one would not like to live this life.

But that doesn't = abuse. I have a handful of friends who lose their husbands to golf or tennis...serious players who spend enormous amounts of time away from home to play or practice. It doesn't = abuse.

She could have left and not gone to Canada. Her family could have supported her. She could have stayed with friends (we know some offered). She could have gone to a shelter. She could have gone to court to try and force a separation that would have allowed her to take the kids back to Canada. Most importantly, she could have presented a reasonable separation agreement that didn't try to devastate BC financially, and maybe he would have actually signed it. There is reason to believe he would have since he agreed to her going initially. Maybe she needed to adjust her thinking on what the lifestyle of a single mom actually was. That probably wouldn't include stuff like private schools for her kids. I fully believe if she had presented something even remotely fair, he would have signed it. But she wanted him to pay and to pay big. She wanted to continue to live the life she was accustomed to. I wouldn't have signed it either. Not a chance in hell would I have signed it. And I wouldn't have let my wife take my kids to another country without my consent. That doesn't make me an abuser.

I have to agree here. First, I don't think that Nancy was in a controlling relationship. We know that she had her own transportation, was free to come and go, had unlimited access to money until the separation draft, and that she had good relationships with friends and family. One of the first signs of a controlling relationship is isolation from friends and family, and that was clearly not a factor for Nancy. Brad was in fact alienated by Nancy from many of the neighborhood friends. She was not physcially abused. I do think that the relationship was verbally abusive, but my impression is that they were both verbally abusive.

Nancy was not free to take the children and leave the country, but that was not something that Brad did, that is a fact of life for most couples in divorce. People that truly want to leave a marriage take the children and leave. Matrimonial property can be sorted out at a later date. Nancy had a lawyer, and she had received generous amounts of money from her parents, so it seems reasonable that she could have taken the children, found a small apartment, had an emergency order for financial support, and gone forward with her life. She would certainly have experienced a big change in economic status, like nearly everyone that goes through divorce, and that does appear to be something both Brad and Nancy weren't ready to accept.

One thing I've never understood is why the kids were in daycare if NC wasn't working and the couple was having financial problems. Childcare for two kids in Cary will run you about $2000 a month. If I was a controlling S.O.B. stressed about money, the first thing I would do is take the kids out of daycare.

I believe that was a preschool, not a daycare.

Well, if Nancy knew what the future held for her being married to Brad, I'm sure she would have left years earlier. But, it is wrong to blame her because she had no clue what an evil, controlling, creep she had married....until it was too late.

It could be that they didn't really know each other well. When couples have children the dynamics change. Couples with a strong foundation weather this well, those without one suffer stress which erodes whatever little foundation was there.

We're live. Probably about to take a lunch break.

It could be that they didn't really know each other well. When couples have children the dynamics change. Couples with a strong foundation weather this well, those without one suffer stress which erodes whatever little foundation was there.

I agree, Nancy had no clue who she had married.

Where does this daycare thing come from? The older child was in pre-school three mornings a week. The younger child went to pre-school for two weeks the summer NC was murdered.

ETA - hey Ghost Crab, I'm very sorry, you were correct. The facts ARE being distorted in this thread!

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
#CooperTrial jury going to lunch until 2 p.m

What do you call what happened to Laci Peterson? Those of you who do not believe DV can have a first time that ends in a murder. Well...what is it then? Her husband murdered her. No previous signs of abuse. No evidence found in the house. No physical evidence that tied him to the body. Lots of C.E. evidence elsewhere though.

But he killed her. He planned it. He executed it.

This does happen. Much too often.

So what name would you like to give it?

The victim is NOT being blamed because someone murdered her. But I am starting to wonder with some of these posts, what exactly is the point of having a trial in the first place?

I'm not on the jury....it doesn't matter one tiny bit that I figured he killed her right from the start. :winkaway:

Nope. It points to a guy forgetting some of the details and not realizing how deep into his work computer an investigation might go. Think Brad imagined the FBI would be interested in his useless wife's death? He most certainly did not. He had no idea the FBI would get involved. Think Brad thought his own little AdventuresOfBrad.com website and it's settings would be examined? Nope. It proves that Brad doesn't think of *everything.* No one does.

So he was able to wipe all the traces of a spoofed call but missed out on those simple things that anyone that has taken a basic A+ course would know how to do?

Seriously.. some of you want him guilty so bad you're willing to completely overlook anything and everything that doesnt fit the mold. Do you work for the Cary PD by chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654