2011.05.05 Verdict Watch (day 2)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides the wonderful weather of NC, I also miss HT's double, triple, and super double coupon sales. And the BOGO sales. Up here, there's a couple of stores that will double up to 50 cents and that's it. No ability to get anything for free or outrageous deals.

You aren't missing triple coupons. They haven't done them in over a year. I don't believe they will ever do them again because they lose too much money on them. Instead, they do super doubles every 6 weeks or so. I love super doubles though. I usually end up with $350 - $400 (or so) worth of stuff for under $5 over the course of the week.

Even if, as you say, you took out "most of those lies", what about the remainder of the lies? Wasn't he under oath, or did he just cross his fingers behind his back? The "real lies" if you will, are still lies, no?

Touche! Well said, TallCoolOne :)

Speaking of FB: I wonder why a discussion of BOZ's FB page hasn't ever come up during this trial?

I think there was a brief discussion about 2 weeks ago but don't remember much - anyone else? Am guessing he would be wise to remove his FB page.

Speaking of FB: I wonder why a discussion of BOZ's FB page hasn't ever come up during this trial?

Speaking of BOZ: I wonder if Boz (Zellinger) knows that Boz Scaggs is gonna be in Cary in July. He should totally go and try to get a picture with him!!:woohoo:

Why's that? I find myself doing just the opposite for some reason. I'll be at peace with either to be honest. I can see either way. But because of that, I think NG is more just since I'd have to be 100% convinced no doubt about it before I could pull the G lever on someone's life...

That's basically where I am. I don't find him 100% innocent (or even a decent person) but just no evidence except google and I find the one google file suspicious. I wouldn't feel confident voting guilty and having him spend the rest of his life in prison for 1 piece of evidence I don't understand and that has not been clarified by the state.

I think there was a brief discussion about 2 weeks ago but don't remember much - anyone else? Am guessing he would be wise to remove his FB page.

I know some don't have a problem with it, but IMO BZ attacking JW over FB brought the ridiculousness of this trial to a whole new level. Attack the guy on the merits of what he's testifying to, fine. But to bring up FB, of all things, was ridiculous and from what we heard it sounds like the jury thought the same thing.

Wasn't this defense evidence? pretty sure I remember that it was to show that the Coopers normally used Tide (as BC bought) and not All (as JA testified to).

This is what the defense introduced the exhibit for but we really have no idea what the jury might use it for as it contains much more information than just Tide and All. It also contains dates and times (habits) of shopping excursions.

I have been a member of GOLO for years and have commented extensively on several murder trials...I admit that I am an armchair detective. I have never seen the GOLO board resort to personal attacks like I have in this trial. Because I believe that Brad is guilty I have been accused of being a Cary housewife and one poster even accused me of being Jessica Adam (which apparently is the same as calling me a murderer in this person's opinion). My question is...WHY? What is it about this trial that is so emotional for people? Why are so many people so determined to defend Brad? Most of us who feel he is guilty are not suggesting that Nancy did not make mistakes, etc...but it's reached a point where you don't really feel "safe" commenting over there anymore. I am just wondering if others have a perspective for why this has occurred w/ this trial?

You aren't missing triple coupons. They haven't done them in over a year. I don't believe they will ever do them again because they lose too much money on them. Instead, they do super doubles every 6 weeks or so. I love super doubles though. I usually end up with $350 - $400 (or so) worth of stuff for under $5 over the course of the week.

I think a lot of people abused the triple coupons too. I knew people who would have 5 VIC cards and go repeatedly and scoop everything up. But you're right - the Super Doubles are awesome. I used to go very early in the a.m. when the store was empty - walking proudly with my coupon binder. Now my lonely binder sits down in my cellar.

I think you mentioned one time that coupon shopping really could have benefited the Coopers and you were so right!

That's basically where I am. I don't find him 100% innocent (or even a decent person) but just no evidence except google and I find the one google file suspicious. I wouldn't feel confident voting guilty and having him spend the rest of his life in prison for 1 piece of evidence I don't understand and that has not been clarified by the state.

IMO when someone from an FBI computer forensic team tells me that there was a google search and that there was no tampering with the files I believe him over the other guy who couldn't get hired by the FBI.

They seem to ask for evidence to back up timeline of stories one way or another. If the timeline doesn't match BC's story it could be over for him...

Nope, his FB page appears to still be up (though it maybe it's not searchable, and maybe his profile is only viewable by people in his networks). I think you may still be able to follow this link to it:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=2714070

(I hope I'm not doing anything inappropriate by posting this.)

I know some don't have a problem with it, but IMO BZ attacking JW over FB brought the ridiculousness of this trial to a whole new level. Attack the guy on the merits of what he's testifying to, fine. But to bring up FB, of all things, was ridiculous and from what we heard it sounds like the jury thought the same thing.

I agree...one of things that makes me dislike how the judicial process works. Some of this stuff should be outa bounds and left alone.

It could. I'm training for a marathon and eat bananas and drink green juice daily (I make mine though so I don't spend $4 a bottle). But my kids eat bananas, drink the green juice, and milk as well. So I wouldn't find anything unusual about that.

Generally you dont want to drink milk before anything cardio intensive because it can mess with your lungs. At least thats what my trainer told me so dont hold me to it. Afterwards its great for recovery (With some chocolate in it) but like BR said, I dont see anything unusual about buying these items. Bananas are great to prevent cramping which can be an issue if you havent logged a lot of miles on a bicycle. I've never tried green juice nor do I have any desire to.

I've never tried green juice nor do I have any desire to.

Don't knock it till you've tried it. :crazy: My kids love it (but would FREAK) if they knew what they were drinking. It's so healthy!

I also can see this case going either way. And my life will not be enhanced or diminished by either a guilty or NG verdict.

I've watched only because this case is local to me, and I have an abiding interest in how the criminal justice system works (or does not) in NC.

In light of Duke LAX case, Innocence Commission findings, and the SBI debacle, all NC LE organizations are coming under increased negative scrutiny.

Whether you think BC is in fact guilty or not, the case has been astonishingly weak, and poorly presented by the prosecution. There was clearly insufficient evidence to sustain a charge of 1st degree murder, in the late October 2008 time-frame, for arrest.

I also find it puzzling that the two "best" witness to finally erase all doubts over guilt or innocence; Mr. M the forensic Analyst for the defense, and CFry's testimony about MAC addresses, were never heard by the jury.

Here's a repost of what I said the other day:

The core of the Prosecution's case:

Nancy Cooper, Mother of two was horribly strangled on July 12th, 2008:

But we don't know where she was killed. But trust us, it was in the house, somewhere.

We don't really know what time she was killed. But trust us it was sometime after midnight but before 11 am...

We do know that her husband Brad did the deed, but we have no evidence he transported her body in any vehicle available to him. But trust us, cause we know what we know even if we cannot prove it.

He spoofed a call @ 6:40 to provide himself an alibi, even though our lead detective said on the stand "we have no evidence he spoofed the call", but trust us he did, even if we never proved it .

And Brad did a google search of the dump site, the day before the murder, but the time stamps are all invalid, therefore it's Microsoft's fault, even though we never put a witness on the stand to prove it was just a computer glitch. But trust us, cause were the prosecution, and were the good guys.

And you folks want to convict a man on this evidence????

I stand by those remarks, and believe a jury should find BC NG. Not innocent of the crime, but NG because there is insufficient evidence to sustain a conviction. ALL IMHO

So it's the prosecution's fault that there wasn't enough direct and forensics evidence for your liking? The prosecution and police deal with the cards they are dealt. Second, it's the juries job to determine what the facts are and how relevant they are. Obviously, the Prosecution took all the time they could getting as much circumstantial evidence to the jury, hence the length of the trial. Also, the FBI guy never thought to say there was no tampering...because he saw no proof that there was. Tough to testify about something that the defense hadn't brought up yet.

Speaking of BOZ: I wonder if Boz (Zellinger) knows that Boz Scaggs is gonna be in Cary in July. He should totally go and try to get a picture with him!!:woohoo:

Oh man - Boz Scaggs is just amazing! Been a fan for 35 years and then some...

I have been a member of GOLO for years and have commented extensively on several murder trials...I admit that I am an armchair detective. I have never seen the GOLO board resort to personal attacks like I have in this trial. Because I believe that Brad is guilty I have been accused of being a Cary housewife and one poster even accused me of being Jessica Adam (which apparently is the same as calling me a murderer in this person's opinion). My question is...WHY? What is it about this trial that is so emotional for people? Why are so many people so determined to defend Brad? Most of us who feel he is guilty are not suggesting that Nancy did not make mistakes, etc...but it's reached a point where you don't really feel "safe" commenting over there anymore. I am just wondering if others have a perspective for why this has occurred w/ this trial?

Maybe it is the 'Cary Housewife' view that NC didn't have it so bad in their opinion? It seems they feel in someway she 'deserved' it. Not my opinion here but maybe somewhat of explanation.

Watching any of the tv shows about the real housewives of OC, DC, NJ etc. has promoted the awareness of how entitled these women seem to feel and how horrible their behavior is..........maybe that is where some of this is coming from. Again, just a thought.

IMO when someone from an FBI computer forensic team tells me that there was a google search and that there was no tampering with the files I believe him over the other guy who couldn't get hired by the FBI.

They seem to ask for evidence to back up timeline of stories one way or another. If the timeline doesn't match BC's story it could be over for him...

BBM

Are you referring to the guy who said he worked for the FBI, but his business cards said otherwise (because in his experience people would distrust anybody from the FBI)? The same guy who put the top secret evidence in an apartment drawer when he went on vacation?

Nope, his FB page appears to still be up (though it maybe it's not searchable, and maybe his profile is only viewable by people in his networks). I think you may still be able to follow this link to it:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=2714070

(I hope I'm not doing anything inappropriate by posting this.)

That is one awesome profile pic. Wonder if it is him?

Yes he has it locked to only friends can view it which is the recommended way to secure it.

Even when that "FBI" guy said he couldn't explain why those files had invalid timestamps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double