2011.05.05 Verdict Watch (day 2)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone post the link to get the text updates from the trial? I have to go to work at 3, and if there the verdict comes in while I'm not around a computer or tv, I will absolutely die. This is the first trial I've followed from start to finish, and that's a month of my life I will never get back!

I thought JG said they have a verdict, but they want a 15 minute break first. Maybe I misunderstood.

Did someone just guess verdict and we jumped or is this it?

No. I heard Judge Gessner state that he has the verdict envelope and he assumes there is a verdict slip in it.

That is what I heard. That is what the judge said.

Maybe it is a verdict and maybe not. Just don't know.

All I heard was 'been handing the verdict envelope' and then they wanted a break.

Can someone in the courtroom clarify because I think the forum is about the explode.

That's a lot of work. Wouldn't it just be easier and simpler to plant some physical evidence to tie the victim, the dump site to BC or BC's car or to their house? People want to see physical evidence! They don't think there's evidence without it. Why do the most convoluted, esoteric thing you can possibly do and hope someone finds it?

That actually is a good point. Yet there definitely seemed to be very strange things with that computer.

Two possibilities:
1)It was done much later, (not during the 27 hours window) once the realized they had no smoking gun. Remember they also did that very odd mica test in 2010.

2) someone else got into the computer (not the police) but the real killer.

I know these sound very far-fetched but why are there so many strange things associated with that search? There is no reasonable explanation. We really needed Google to verify/explain these files.

I'm thinking the smoker wanted a quick one before the verdict is read. Just a guess.

Judge said they have handed in the verify envelope. Why would thatexn anything other than that is the verdict? Anyone??

I'm thinking the smoker wanted a quick one before the verdict is read. Just a guess.

Maybe a break to use the bathroom and freshen up before the verdict. At least I hope that is what it is.

If a verdict is in I don't understand how all the news sources aren't going crazy with breaking news headlines.

Not only that but there was lots of giggling going on as JG was talking.

Before every break/lunch/evening, the jurors have to return the verdict envelope to the bailiff. The bailiff hands it back to them when they are allowed to start deliberating. That's ALL the significance of the verdict sheet.

I think they have been handing the verdict envelope in before and after each break, but I am not sure.

Deliberations can become very emotional and tempers can flare, maybe a break was a good idea at the time.:crazy:

No. I heard Judge Gessner state that he has the verdict envelope and he assumes there is a verdict slip in it.

That is what I heard. That is what the judge said.

Maybe it is a verdict and maybe not. Just don't know.

That's exactly what I heard, too.

iucpa - can you tell us from inside the courtroom what just happened??

Before every break/lunch/evening, the jurors have to return the verdict envelope to the bailiff. The bailiff hands it back to them when they are allowed to start deliberating. That's ALL the significance of the verdict sheet.

You're the only one calm here because you got it and we didn't.

Why would BC have to come in though?

Maybe the long lunch and frequent breaks are payback for making them sit in the jury room so often in this trial!

You're the only one calm here because you got it and we didn't.

Why would BC have to come in though?

He has to come in every time the jurors are in the room. It would be prejudicial for the jurors to see him coming in/out of the holding cell, or be absent from the table. So, he's required to come in, and then he will go back as soon as the break is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966