2011.05.09 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day One)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't let the tears fool ya!

casey-anthony-jury-selection-7-0509.jpg

casey-anthony-jury-selection-11-0509.jpg

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/may/241410/jury-selection-photos?cmpid=twitter

ICA and JB enjoying a friendly moment?

When I was younger I always hoped to be called and to serve on a jury. Although I don't know that I'd want to be part of a jury for a murder trial, if I was called and I was able I would of course do my duty.

I have only ever been called once, when I was in my upper 20's. I got to the individual questioning part, but only a few questions asked b/f I was "excused". And actually the one question I remember being asked was if I believe in the DP. I am sure I was excused b/c my 1st husbands parents socialized and were close friends with the DA and his family. Our family/in-laws had been on a few vacations with the DA and his family and we had been in many social situations together due to the relationship b/t my parents-in-law and the DA. I personally was not close to this DA but I am sure that social circle connection was enough to get me excused.

:cow:

I have only gotten a jury duty notice once in my life. When I had just turned 18. I am really confused why since my license is up to date? I'm starting to think that it has something to do with the "red flag" they put on my license? I have three other people using my social security number for a drivers license? :banghead: A very long story that has been ongoing for many, many, many years. Went through investigators, the social security office, even Tallahassee and no one can do anything about it... except to put the red flag on it and force me to sit in the DMV for hours on end while they are back and forth on the phone with Tallahassee anytime I need a renewal, etc...

Jumping back in for a few seconds after a couple of hours away from the computer. I was looking @ photos taken earlier today. Look at KC, really look at her.

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27824902/slideshow.html

She has aged 10 yrs. She looks 35, NOT 25. She's so young, but looks so hardened already. I say this not out of pity, but out of interest. I don't think she's had a cushy, easy life for the past 3 years & I DO think she's feeling the strain a lot harder than she ever was before.

It's shocking to me, and interesting.

Does anyone think JB or CM will visit her after the trial? Can't help but think about how close JB has been, and if he will just drop her when she's convicted.

JB will probably visit her every now and then for awhile. I doubt she will ever see CM again. IMO

Does anyone think JB or CM will visit her after the trial? Can't help but think about how close JB has been, and if he will just drop her when she's convicted.

She'll be dropped faster than a hot potato......

JB will probably visit her every now and then for awhile. I doubt she will ever see CM again. IMO

he is barely visiting her now...no way will he make the time for her when she is in prision....nope not gonna happen...new set of friends--the appeal atty and staff.....

LOVE IT! Sunny on IS - This is her JUDGEMENT DAY! :great:

:crazy:
That sweater looks like it could have been one of Cindy's.... large and something a 50+ yo woman would wear.

JMHO

I'm in that age group and nope never would I wear that one.....

When can we expect to see Geraldo swing in to straighten out everyone? LOL, tee hee.

Having that guard sitting right by ICA has probably shaken her up a bit. She was at a jail where she has probably become friendly with the guards she see on a regular basis.
Then she's moved and most likely treated much differently.
That guard behind her is not messing around. Judge Perry's demeanor is much tougher today,also,IMO.
Bad day for the defendant as reality bites.
Looks like JB got the same memo.

That sweater looks like it could have been one of Cindy's.... large and something a 50+ yo woman would wear.

JMHO

All right now! I'm 50 something and I wouldn't be caught dead in that!

Due to attorney-client privilege, Kenney Baden couldn't discuss the case in detail, but said she doesn't think the death penalty should be the punishment, should Casey Anthony be convicted.

"Do we see her as Osama bin Laden?" she asked. "We execute people like that. We execute people like Ted Bundy. This should not be a death penalty case. The amount of money going into this case when we have so many issues and so many real crimes out there against people that are brutal -- not that if she's not found guilty, it's not considered a brutal crime. But the death penalty is for the worst of the worst, and this is not it."

However, Kenney Baden did say the defense's biggest hurdle is the 31 days Casey waited to tell anyone her daughter was missing.

"No doubt about it," Kenney Baden said. "... Thirty one days is going to be the hardest part of this defense. That has to be explained."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011...ng/parenting/main20061025.shtml#ixzz1LsK66Kmj

Soooo.... murdering a defenseless little baby isn't a real crime????

I need my BP meds.

Thanks for bringing LKB up-remember when she said this?

After conducting new, cutting-edge tests, prosecutors say they found high levels of chloroform in the car trunk, which may prove there was decomposition there.

"...quite frankly, if this judge lets this high chloroform in as indicative of body decomposition...this case gets reversed," Kenney Baden says. "This is such junkyard science. It's beyond junk."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011...54402_page2.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

She's saying ICA is going to get convicted! :great:

I am not bashing Casey's clothes or appearance today... it is just an observation. The "mint green" sweater washes her out. She is way too pale to be wearing that color. Green is usually a soothing color... that is why so many hospitals/dentist offices/etc... use the lighter greens.

I really like Casey in more "earth tone" colors. I really liked the beige like flannel shirt she wore that one day with the exception that it was way too big for her. Also, blues would be good for her. Especially navy blues. Button down shirts and slacks. That is what she should be wearing. She looks like she is trying to hard by wearing clothes that are about 30-years too old for her.

Beth Karas on IS just hit the nail on the head. ICA is crying for herself-she finally realizes the predicament she is in, her tears are not for Caylee, she never showed any remorse or emotion over her daughter's death, the tears are for her! :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal