2011.05.09 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day One)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting she was booked at 6:30PM.

They kept that under wraps.

Yes, they did. Vinelink still shows her as being in custody at OC and PC jails so OC never changed it!

I think he gave up trying to match pocket hanky with tie. So he switched to white, now it looks like a big flag of surrender.

Someone else mentioned this and I thought it was funny. They said if JB was a gentleman, he would have offered Casey his soft hanky to dry her tears and wipe her nose with instead of making her use those hard paper towels that are given to her. I remember those paper towels and elementary school! They are awful!!

correct me if I'm wrong folks but

7 jurors
3 excused
4 on board for further voir dire, 2 of those iffy

I counted 8 .... 7 men and 2 women.

I've been keeping a little score card to see how many m versus w.

My favorite thing of the morning???

HHJP said at least TEN times - this trial will start on Tuesday May 17th! :heartluv:

No Should, Might, Could, May, Will Probably, Will Likely - nope none of those!

HHJP said the trial WILL - and for Mr. Baez and Mr. Mason I'll say it one more time - The trial WILL start on Tuesday May 17th, 2011.

HHJP, please have this Thwartcake on me as a little snack after your lunch, my compliments. :cupcake:

casey-anthony-jury-selection-9-0509.jpg

Heyyyyyyyyyyy!!! I'm 5'0!!!! :floorlaugh:

No, they were trying to make it a law in Florida that anyone under 5'0 would have to sit in booster seats while traveling in a car... I about died when I heard about it! Can you imagine being 32-years-old and having to sit in a booster seat?? I know the law was geared towards child safety, but where does that leave all of us short people that are adults? I know for a fact that I will be shrinking when I get a little older. It happens to all the women in my family. :floorlaugh:

Sorrrrrrrrrrry :) :)

Present company excluded, I just wanted to get a dig in.

The PC booking also says ICA is a transient! :floorlaugh:

Thanks for bringing that up - I also wondered the same thing. I mean, is it because of the statistics on blacks vs other minorities jailed in this country? Maybe leaning toward demos who don't trust the legal system, LE being unfair in arrests, etc?

People who think OJ was innocent...

My favorite thing of the morning???

HHJP said at least TEN times - this trial will start on Tuesday May 17th! :heartluv:

No Should, Might, Could, May, Will Probably, Will Likely - nope none of those!

HHJP said the trial WILL - and for Mr. Baez and Mr. Mason I'll say it one more time - The trial WILL start on Tuesday May 17th, 2011.

HHJP, please have this Thwartcake on me as a little snack after your lunch, my compliments. :cupcake:

Actually, as the hearing progressed he say likely or hopefully.

:lol: Does your car look like it is driving itself from behind? :waitasec:

I don't know? I've never driven behind myself? :crazy::floorlaugh: I do have to disable the airbags though. They tell you to do that because if you ever get in an accident, the impact of the airbags could snap your neck. It's safer just to disable them.

I never realized how short I really was until I started bartending. They raised the floor behind my bar so people could actually see me behind the bar. Speaking of drinks?? It's past noon!

I'm ready for my shot of Kettle One. Extra chilled. Thanks!

Heyyyyyyyyyyy!!! I'm 5'0!!!! :floorlaugh:

No, they were trying to make it a law in Florida that anyone under 5'0 would have to sit in booster seats while traveling in a car... I about died when I heard about it! Can you imagine being 32-years-old and having to sit in a booster seat?? I know the law was geared towards child safety, but where does that leave all of us short people that are adults? I know for a fact that I will be shrinking when I get a little older. It happens to all the women in my family. :floorlaugh:

That brings back memories of my mom sitting on pillows when she drove.
I don't have many memories of her because I was 9 when she passed but that is one of them. I think she was 5'2"ish.
I am shrinking too, I was 5'8" and now I am 5'7"-I am the person vertically challenged people ask to get something for them at the store!

One of my favorie parts so far, is that Richard Gabriel is not present!

:giggle:

IS is replaying clips from this AM. They just played the one where the lights went out. I found it so cathartic that the lights flicked as the Judge discussed jury selection for a change of venue...

The lights flickered twice and then went out completely. Hmmmmmm kind of like Caylee's light only making it to two before being extinguished.

One of my favorie parts so far, is that Richard Gabriel is not present!

:giggle:

Oh, I know!!! I just wonder if he quit and he is denying it... or if he was fired so he can say he did not quit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice