2011.05.09 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day One)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If JB's incompetence has cost the SA vital evidence what is HHJP going to do about it?

Not much he can do. I'm inclined to agree with HHJP. When Casey is convicted the appellate Court will reverse the verdict and bounce it back to square one if she doesn't get those documents. There's not much he can do. For sure HHJP knows the game the DT is playing. They're doing everything they can to get Vass tossed. Because not only is it powerful evidence but because Vass comes across so very well on the stand. The Jury will find Vass extremely credible.

I wanted to thank everyone for the updates, civility and insight during today's hearing... :blowkiss:

I would like to thank WS, along with all of the mods & admin!

Lots of people here today, and it wasn't even slow! At least not for me!

:tyou:

If JB's incompetence has cost the SA vital evidence what is HHJP going to do about it?

I thought the whole question of Dr. Vass not answering went a whole lot deeper than just Dr. Vass answering what those 400 hundred odd compounds were - my remembering was that Baez switched feet and wanted to know how precisely the "sniffer" worked - which would be a trade secret and involve a patented product. Anybody else remember that????

From what I remember also - the 400 others had nothing to do with whether or not there was decomp in the trunk - at least not important ones he measures to determine decomp levels.

Uh oh...not liking this. I like Perry but not liking this.......... He's a hecka of a man. Is married/what? Someone needs to find this out. He is a good person. But for the love of pete let Vass come in.

Sorry to break hearts here, 'cause he's quite a man (smart is sexy!), but His Honor is married.

I would like to thank WS, along with all of the mods!

Lots of people here today, and it wasn't even slow! At least not for me!

:tyou:

I second that motion Softail - I had no trouble or unreasonable wait time at all. Little quick on the old trigger for shift change to the jury selction and sidebar - but maybe I shouldn't be so wordy in my posts and be there for the ride along with everyone else!!

Harmony2 has joined the team! Isn't she BRAVE to start today? :lol:

Thank you Harmony! :hug:

Awwwww! Thanks,Harmony2 ! It's a big job .

Here's hoping we (posters) can live up to your name :innocent:

WOW! I just tuned back in, after chores and grocery shopping, to hear HHJP say he told the FBI to cut the carp out!!! I cannot believe that for almost 3 freakin' years, JB hasn't figured out to ask the FBI for info that is exclusive to the FBI! And what the heck is wrong with Mason and his 40+ years, that he hadn't figured that out. Shame on the defense...They are <unusual people!>!!! That smell of decomp. better be coming in after HHJP already said is was.

Why does HHJP always give the defense so many chances? I'm just sick! :sick:

Is it the 'smell' of decomp that is in question? I thought it was the air samples, the scientific estimate of what levels of decomp were evident in the trunk.

Is there going to be a place to discuss today's happenings when this thread is closed?

Anyone know what time the male juror appeared who said he thought Casey was guilty? If, and when, videos of today's jury selection come up, I would like to hear it. I think he was first mentioned around 2:30 p.m. in this thread.

Sorry to break hearts here, 'cause he's quite a man (smart is sexy!), but His Honor is married.

I'm fine with being a lookee -loo and not touching.... I can just :blowkiss: :blowkiss::blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: .... :heartluv:

The States Attorney is trying to introduce new evidence into the case that has not been used in a trial. He is just as responsible to the court to make sure all the evidence considering that science be there for the court to decide on.

I was sort of feeling like a judge on "Voices" today. :crazy:

That bothers me far, far more than the loss of the air test evidence. Just my opinion, but HHJP would be all up JA's nose if he'd been dragging his feet.

Exactly. If the Judge had even asked, "Mr. Baaaeeeeezzzzzzzz, have you contacted the FBI and asked them to release this information, yes or no?" but it's an automatic assumption Baez has spent the last 2 and a half years begging the FBI for this while the FBI plays games, when it's pretty clear to me Baez never even asked for it to begin with. :banghead:

Is it the 'smell' of decomp that is in question? I thought it was the air samples, the scientific estimate of what levels of decomp were evident in the trunk.

Sorry, you're right...I was just typing faster than my brain was working...it IS the air samples! :)

Exactly. If the Judge had even asked, "Mr. Baaaeeeeezzzzzzzz, have you contacted the FBI and asked them to release this information, yes or no?" but it's an automatic assumption Baez has spent the last 2 and a half years begging the FBI for this while the FBI plays games, when it's pretty clear to me Baez never even asked for it to begin with. :banghead:

BBM --

Nah, anyone who's followed this case certainly wouldn't make that assumption - we know how he rolls . . . . just sayin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur