2011.05.09 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day One)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And I get what you both are trying to convey. LOL.
However, a juror that is thrice the defendant's age and one's weight aren't the same. Just sayin'. :)
It's a inperfect system but it's all we have to work with and IMO, it's going to work this time.

All they need to do to find ICA's peers are to select all the unemployed jurors.
They would fit right in with CA/GA too.

My apologies that I have been "on" so long I am too tired to go through the thread to find out this information .....

Are we back at 5:30AM......er that would be 8:30AM your time tomorrow morning? Thx in advance!

All they need to do to find ICA's peers are to select all the unemployed jurors.

I know the economy is bad,and that people are concerned about their jobs,but I was not impressed with the potential jury selection. The ones that are coming back,were mindblowing. especially the lady who said she could not judge someone,they requested she come back.. The nurses and Dr's were excluded,the business people said they could not do it. I know this is a long trial,but people, this is jury duty,someone has to step up to the plate for jury deliberations.Someone to corral all these folks together,from the snipets I got today,I have not heard a "leader" yet. JMHO:twocents::waitasec:

We will be back in court at 8:30 a.m. Eastern time tomorrow morning.

My apologies that I have been "on" so long I am too tired to go through the thread to find out this information .....

Are we back at 5:30AM......er that would be 8:30AM your time tomorrow morning? Thx in advance!

Go to bed. Get some rest. Tomorrow will be here before you know it.:bedtime: Sweet Dreams

Unemployed jurors who live off their parents and have children who have been missing for 31 days (only they haven't admitted that yet).

I know the economy is bad,and that people are concerned about their jobs,but I was not impressed with the potential jury selection. The ones that are coming back,were mindblowing. especially the lady who said she could not judge someone,they requested she come back.. The nurses and Dr's were excluded,the business people said they could not do it. I know this is a long trial,but people, this is jury duty,someone has to step up to the plate for jury deliberations.Someone to corral all these folks together,from the snipets I got today,I have not heard a "leader" yet. JMHO:twocents::waitasec:

This is just the beginning. The ones not excused will go through more questioning. This was only the 1st day. I would not expect anyone to suffer economic hardship to serve on a jury. Who can go 6 wks. without a paycheck?? Actually, I'd be suspicious of someone who would risk financial ruin just to get on this jury.

This is just the beginning. The ones not excused will go through more questioning. This was only the 1st day. I would not expect anyone to suffer economic hardship to serve on a jury. Who can go 6 wks. without a paycheck?? Actually, I'd be suspicious of someone who would risk financial ruin just to get on this jury.

I have worked for two companies that paid me to attend jury duty, my DH's current company does also. Granted, I doubt they would be thrilled to pay for 6 or 8 weeks of it, but those are the chances they take when they tell employes to do their civic duty.

Chances are pretty good we're going to see jurors who are retired, SAHMs and unemployed. That's the usual demographic (in CA anyway!).

Does anyone know what got ICA blubbering today or was i just a breaking moment for her now that she will be made to answer for her crime?

I think the reason ICA was crying is because she CANNOT believe it has come to this. First she thought she could lie her way out of it. Then she thought as long as Caylee wasn't found they could not say she was dead. Then she thought the science was "junk"..oops it all came in! Then she thought there would be a "mistrial" by which I think she meant it would be thrown out. I think JB has been telling her all this stuff as well (except the first lying part). I think JB talked to her about accepting a plea deal. I think all this is the reason that ICA is cold towards JB. I think she is furious with him that she is actually here instead of on her RV trip. IMO

So far as I know, we still don't know who the lady in the sea foam green jacket and short dark hair was, and we still don't know why BC was there behind KC today, right?

:waitasec: :websleuther:

I was wondering if she could be a jury consultant brought it by Ann Finnell.

Yay!! I'm back. Had to go to work for a few hours. I left around 5:15pm Eastern time... did I miss anything? What is going on with the air samples??

I have worked for two companies that paid me to attend jury duty, my DH's current company does also. Granted, I doubt they would be thrilled to pay for 6 or 8 weeks of it, but those are the chances they take when they tell employes to do their civic duty.

Chances are pretty good we're going to see jurors who are retired, SAHMs and unemployed. That's the usual demographic (in CA anyway!).
I believe State of Fla. employees would be glad to serve on jury duty - they get paid for serving and they get away from the stress of their jobs.

Yay!! I'm back. Had to go to work for a few hours. I left around 5:15pm Eastern time... did I miss anything? What is going on with the air samples??

Argh, Lola. See the last couple pages of the live hearing thread for the play by play but essentially CJBP left us hanging and expecting that he may throw it out after all, unless the State can get the FBI to do what the DT didn't bother to do, which is release the total list of compounds that Dr. Vass uses in his air sampling machine. :banghead:

Are sure he's not patting JB ? :crazy:Check out that screen shot again :innocent:

Totally missed that. Thanks TT.

I still think she was treated differently,though. :snooty:

Auto pilot - he was barely moving, not much comfort in that! Wonder if the jury will eventually see their little touchy-feely games or if he is now in professional mode.

I've had to answer three jury duty summons since I've lived in Orange County.

First time, my employee provided three days of jury duty pay at the most.

The second employer, paid unlimited jury duty pay, including witness, subpoena, deposition, etc. Incidentally, this was a Columbian-American owned company and probably the most patriotic group I ever worked for. The owners were naturalized citizens of the US and firmly believed in your civil, democratic duty to serve the justice system when called. They always gave us half day off with pay on election day too.

My current employer will only pay ten days, but the sixth and seventh days do not count. (Meaning, no Saturday or Sunday pay.)

"Jury service is a sacrifice, but we wouldn't want you to sacrifice yourself into poverty." HHJP while speaking to Juror#1324

I was wondering if she could be a jury consultant brought it by Ann Finnell.

I don't know who she was, but she got to go back to wherever they took ICA after court. There was a discussion with the deputies about whatever was going on and eventually, they took ICA out and this woman followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz