2011.05.10 - Jury Selection Day Two

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many excused jurors that might become WS members after jury selection?

1025 - male, two young children, wife looking for work. Employers will paid if selected. Only chef consultant for a small independant company.

That guy sounded very eager to be on the jury!!!

Could go either way with him!

Father of two with wife currently looking for work. Work will pay him, he is trying to get out of it. I think he will not be able to get off.

I like him he is a father.

Is CM trying to fill a quota with people he will eventually not want? (the guy with a 10 year old daughter, the hardware store man) Is there a strategy or delay tactic he is employing? Why would he want these people? They are very responsible folks and one of them cares a great deal for his daughter.

Somebody on the DT gave KC the memo about looking jurors in the eyes. She is trying, but you can tell it makes her very uncomfortable. Instinctively, her eyes divert away.

I am getting concerned that the whole jury is going to be made up of younger to middle aged men.

#1025-male
employer will pay him, wife takes care of kids, no medical reasons
only chef of small company, (consulting)

he's still in

Juror # 1025
Male
would miss wife and children - the only chef at small company - not able to substitute another chef - company policy to pay -
Not Excused

male, with 2 small children, married, wife is looking for work, employer will pay him if chosen, he is a chef consultant, he will be recalled

1025: Hardship? I have two small children at home and a wife looking for work.

HHJP: would your employer still pay you if you are gone?

they will pay me. my wife takes care of the kids.

HHJP: besides missing your wife and your two kids any other hardship?

I am a chef, the only chef in an independent company.

HHJP: would they be able to subsitute someone?

no. I provide consulting, for the chef side of the business. company policy to pay him for serving on a jury.

HHJP: go either to work or home. will contact you later today about when to report tomorrow.

Jim L. wrote something on his notepad and showed Holly Bristow.....the look on her face was priceless. What was so interesting?

View attachment 15023

Grabbed my attention too! Decorum Holly and Jim, decorum.
hollyandjimsittinginatree.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member