2011.05.10 - Jury Selection Day Two

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you get to have a Frye hearing, get the ruling (that you don't like) and think y ou should get another one?

HHJP: what instruments did dr. vass use..

the Gas Chromatgrapher...

HHJP: is it accepted science?

absolutely.

the theory and the basis of that theory was challenged. the florida supreme court: ramerez. both the underlying principal and the proceedures applied...where the expert has a personal stake...at the frye hearing it was learned dr. vass has a interest in this research...he is prone to bias...

Wow, the defense really thinks that they can keep asking over and over again for something, even bring in someone new to ask the same darn question. What is insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and hoping for a different outcome. Sheesh.

I hope HHJP eats this chick alive.

I think he is allowing her to hang herself...I am sure JP has good solid grounds for basing his findings.....She is going to end up leaving that courtroom with her tail between her legs :crazy::waitasec:

Anyone else think that JB made her do it??

I have to admit......she is more articulate (though speaks way too fast) than any other of the other team members, and she seems to have picked apart the order as best possible.

She is attempting to pick apart the semantics.

I have no idea who this woman is and why she is up there addressing this issue?? I did not know that the defense has another new attorney? She would have to be an attorney for the defense in order to address this, right? I'm am completely confused!

HHJP reminds me of a particular judge out here in CA. Many senior and well read Judges actually really take great enjoyment of "teaching" especially smart lawyers. It's an intellectual banter that Judges really enjoy.

HHJP: you think his opinion is pure opinion or not pure opinion?

it isn't just training and experience...no not simply pure opinion. so secondly the court must find reliability both as to the methodology...as to the underlying theory...during the hearing the defense inquired into the methodology...nothing in the record that can be relyed upon...

IMO -

Regarding Jury Selection: They WILL seat a jury. This 50 that was let go will be interviewed and there will be he!! to pay for the ones who flapped their lips...an example will be set to all other potentials to .... abide by the court's rule ....and they will!

Regarding Air Samples: Judge has his mind made up - defense is sol on this. Additionally, he is getting worn smooth out with this defense team.

All MOO

I have no idea who this woman is and why she is up there addressing this issue?? I did not know that the defense has another new attorney? She would have to be an attorney for the defense in order to address this, right? I'm am completely confused!

I would think she needed to file an "appearance of counsel", but I haven't a clue as to who she is.

Is this take your intern to work day??

HHJP is allowing her one question but reminded her he doesn't do that.

HAHAHA

I think he is enjoying giving her an "on the job" lesson.

An aside...are those KC's secretary glasses?

BBM

Well, they aren't Dottie's - hers have rosary beads hanging off of the sides so she doesn't lose them, lol!! :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks