DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG!

CM - Don't you have any neighbors that the cats can take care of? :lol:

:great: Conjugal Jury? :great:

This is too funny. I was thinking the same thing yesterday when I posted on the thread about could we be on this jury. That would be my only "hardship" not being able to sleep with my hubby for 6 to 8 weeks. LOL

Cats don't take care of themselves.

Ummmmmm lady....neither do 2 year olds. That's why we're here.

The fastest way out of this is to say you think she's guilty, why make lame excuses?

lol I LOVE Judge Perry's laugh. plus it's nice to see a lighter side of him when he doesn't have to deal with shenanigans :)

She might just find she does quite well-- may expand the perimeters of their marriage for the better! (there's my optimist's viewpoint) :crazy:

Plus statistics say that she will likely outlive him- better to get used to doing some things independently before fates forces you to..

3069: Hardship? I believe it would. I need to go to my job. I run a department. I have four pets.

HHJP: would your job pay you?

yes they would.

HHJP: you indicated that they could not due without you because you supervise.

I manage engineers. I have never been on vacation. I would not be on vacation for two months. For eight weeks it would be very tough. We are building up our department. I have four cats and they don't take care of themselves. I have no one who can care for my cats.

Mr. George. No questions.

CM: you have any friends or neighbors that can take care of the cats?

not any that want that commitment.

CM: what would happen if you had an accident and couldn't work would there be someone to cover for you?

I would home I could manage through emails, etc.

HHJP: let you go back to work and you will be given a report time to come back for a second round of questioning.

This juror would be great...sounds very confidant, logical and in controll

3069 - woman

hardship - only financial, and pets (4 cats)- job pays but can't do without her but she is quality director managing engineers; no-one to care for cats

CM: neighbors to take care of cats (yes neighbors but not sure they will take care of them); if accident could work cover (yes but through emails and phone could help manage)

asked to return

(juror asked for sidebar with attornies and judge and it re: medication - heard while mike was still on)

The cat excuse is ridiculous. I don't know if my patience is just really low today or what, but this is crazy!

This is probably a stupid question, so please just pretend it's strikingly brilliant. :)

Does the prosecution and defense have the list of names of the jury pool before all this? If so, do they do background checks and things like that so that when the pot juror gets up there, they already have info on them?

If they don't have the names beforehand, as soon as they get them, are they sitting there running background checks and stuff on them?
I think that's a standard practice in multi million dollar lawsuits ala Runaway Jury/John Grisham. MOST indigent clients can't afford those things.

In THIS case, the attorneys have questionaires the potential jurors have filled out.

I guess I am a little mean, I have little sympathy for excuse makers. it's one thing to not agree with the DP or other things like that but being all "my job cant manage without me" just sounds like "the dog ate my homework."

This is probably a stupid question, so please just pretend it's strikingly brilliant. :)

Does the prosecution and defense have the list of names of the jury pool before all this? If so, do they do background checks and things like that so that when the pot juror gets up there, they already have info on them?

If they don't have the names beforehand, as soon as they get them, are they sitting there running background checks and stuff on them?

In most cases, yes. It will have names, age, and job title or retired/unemployed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member