2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on!!...I've had cats and I have taken care of my neighbor's cat for 1 month..all I needed to do was make sure there was water in his bowl, had food, cleaned his litter and let him outside...Cats are independent...unlike dogs who need more care....and if your dog is spoiled like mine...I'd ask to bring him along...LOL

having confidential discussion with juror.

The fastest way out of this is to say you think she's guilty, why make lame excuses?

That's what I would say! Judge, with all due respect, I don't want to waste your time. I have read darn near every motion, ruling and opinion, watched every hearing..read...and I think she is ABSOLUTELY GUILTY and a WASTE a HUGE WASTE.

Juror 119: White woman in her 50's. Says it would cause a hardship because her work cannot do without her (quality director of engineers). Work WOULD pay her. They would manage without her, but would be very tough w/o her for 8 weeks. New department, takes help from her. Has 4 cats that "don't take care of themselves". Has no one that could care for her cats. Son lives out of town. Neighbors "probably aren't ready" to take care of her cats.

Called back for round 2.

Very few of the "workplace can't manage without me' excuses will work with HHJP- if she was seriously ill they could adapt..

This is probably a stupid question, so please just pretend it's strikingly brilliant. :)

Does the prosecution and defense have the list of names of the jury pool before all this? If so, do they do background checks and things like that so that when the pot juror gets up there, they already have info on them?

If they don't have the names beforehand, as soon as they get them, are they sitting there running background checks and stuff on them?

I believe, they get the little jury svc questionnaires - they may see the "have you been convicted of a crime questions, general info stuff. since they're using a seating chhart with numbers as well as juror numbers, I doubt they have names but may have addresses (printed form) but not sure... In my last service ATTys had on forms on desk in front of them..

Come on!!...I've had cats and I have taken care of my neighbor's cat for 1 month..all I needed to do was make sure there was water in his bowl, had food, cleaned his litter and let him outside...Cats are independent...unlike dogs who need more care....and if your dog is spoiled like mine...I'd ask to bring him along...LOL

lol I would sneak my cat in. he's a menace! plus I don't think he'd be giving me info on the case... haha

Right. You can ask to board them NEAR where you'll be OR stay in a hotel with a pet policy OR pay someone $50 a week to dump food and water into bowls, spend some time at the house and clean the boxes once or twice a week.

I wish I knew what was going on with the DT. Looks like they are trying to get ICA to hold it together, but it seriously looks like she's not going to.

You know, the easiest way to get out of this would be to say "I think Casey is guilty and I really can't give her a fair trial". Bingo. Lets cut the "well I can't be without my husband" "well I have 4 cats"..etc. crap.

I had to work away from home for close to a yr. Brought both of my dogs with me! :rocker:

I wish I knew what was going on with the DT. Looks like they are trying to get ICA to hold it together, but it seriously looks like she's not going to.

She is sulking over something.
The A's had a lifetime of this behavior...

#3163. Female. Sounds older. Hardship - no. Only problem is a 50th HS reunion on June 11th in Indiana. Would also be visiting quadruplet grandchildren who are 16 and two have serious physical disabilities. She helps provide care during that time. They are expected to visit her in July. Inconvenient but no hardship.

This lady has a 50th high school reunion, and wants to visit her quadruplet grandchildren.

KC will be missing hers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member