2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really worried about JP telling people that this will be over before certain dates? I think that is cutting it close? He must think this jury can deliberate and come to a conclusion quickly... and that they will easily sentence her??

I am confident in HHJP's abilities to estimate the time required for a capital case. He is probably one of the most experienced people in the nation in this regard. The only things that can reasonable skew his estimates are JB or DS rambling on pointlessly for days (which he can control if it gets out of hand) and the time required for jury deliberations (which I don't think will be more than a few days).

I know others have already said but it but I sure do love this judge. He is so considerate to everything these potential jurors may have to go through during the trial. He doesn't want to burden anyone. What a good man.

I would prefer this to the crazy and/or chemically dependent homeless we have here. Plenty of decent, sound mind people on the unemployment line.

Exactly ... There are many people on "unemployment compensation" and jobs are hard to find right now ... and I am sure they could find some educated individuals at the local Unemployment Office down in Florida.

And, if they get picked, let them keep the $30/day from the court in addition to their unemployment check ... plus 3 meals a day, hotel, room service, "field trips" ...

It's unbelievable how many people are being put out, put upon, and displaced because Casey needs a fair trial. Casey, a person who couldn't be bothered with her own child. If she'd just fess up and tell the truth all of this could stop. What an {UNUSUAL PERSON}! :maddening:

PLEASE! Anyone got a pinpoint to the hissy fit with Baez and ICA earlier this morning? Flicking through the raw video but can't find it

Juror #3016: Male. No hardships. He's a teacher and has 3 weeks left of school but that's his only hardship. School will cover financially. Has 2 dogs-neighbor will watch dogs.

Called back for 2nd round.

A male teacher. Has 2 dogs (labs) His neighbor would watch his dogs.

I think I like him!

3016 male

no hardship, teacher

CM: contract w school board (would be paid and would have job), 2 dogs (labs neighbor would care for)

asked to return

Juror #3016: Male. No hardships. He's a teacher and has 3 weeks left of school but that's his only hardship. School will cover financially. Has 2 dogs-neighbor will watch dogs.

Called back for 2nd round.

Hes a keeper for state. moo

I predict 1 day into the actual trial, that the jurors will be able to see straight through Mason's "Folksy Old Fart" act.

For the prosecution, it must be amusingly transparent (as it is to us) which jurors the DT wants and which ones they are terrified of getting. Mason continually tips his hand.

I like the woman with the three dogs that would need to board them at $45 a day. She mentioned going to Asia.......I wonder if she's a buyer for a dept. store?

As an animal lover, I would gladly do it. I just finished sitting my neighbors two dogs and feeding his chickens and geese ( NO CHARGE) . Sadly though I am in Kentucky. :(

OOOPs Edited to add I quoted the wrong post. :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member