2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it has to be such a super strange thing to sit there doing nothing all day while everyone around you is very busy working on your fate

While I am working and my tax dollars are paying for her defense.

Juror #3140: Woman. No financial, medical or family hardships. Job will pay for her to go to jury duty. Doesn't care for any relatives, husband will care for her cat. No medical conditions. No summer plans. Retiring in September, so no summer plans.

Called back for 2nd round.

3140 woman

no hardship

Mr. George - work doesn't pay but just has it for fun

CM: caretaker (no), pets (cat but husband can take care of it), medical (no), calendar (none retiring in Sept)

asked to return

The cat takes care of her husband when she's not home. :lol:

Sounds like my cat who takes care of me!

I love that Judge Perry is putting all these companies on blast! I understand small businesses, but hospitals, airlines, government jobs, etc... have no excuse for not providing pay for jury duties.

I'm amazed that Sarasota Fire Dept. only pays 10 hours for jury duty! My hubby is retired fireman for a fire dept here in southern California and they paid 2 weeks!

Juror #3140. Female. Hardship - no. No financial, family or medical concerns. SA questions brief. CM asking same questions as HHJP - no family to take care of? No. No pets to take care of? No. No plans to take care of or vacations? No, retiring and no vacation planned. I wish he'd stop, really. MOO

Not just addicted, but these guys are really ~off~. The crazies that walk the street all day, ride the bus all day? Those types. How can they sit still for 6-8 weeks and analyze all the information? How do you know that they're not going to have outbursts (many are schizophrenic)? I don't see this working out, tbh.

Furthermore, it's insulting to say that you need an ethnic mix in your jury pool, so you'd like to troll the local homeless shelter. WOW, JB, really?

It was the judge's idea and he said that the sheriffs dept had told him there were plenty there.

Degreed, female, responsible. She is great. But i bet if she makes it through the initial weed out, the DT will use one of their x number of rejections on her.. (forget what they call them, but think both sides get a certain number of rejections/vetoes?)

They are called "strikes".

Can we VOLUNTEER to be on the jury? This is sounding better and better. For me, an extra $30 a day, a nice hotel room all to myself, no cooking, they'll pay for my laundry, transportation, weekends excursions...

Yeah, I can handle that.

If i didn't have kids or a mortgage, i'd be selling myself in that courtroom to be on the jury.. It sounds like a good vacation to me.

Some countries have professional juries, that do nothing but be jurors for a living. I think there's some merit to that idea.

:floorlaugh:CM made a funny.."So your cat will take care of your husband if you are selected"? :floorlaugh:..She sounds perfect..due to retire, has no medical or financial issues!!

I'm pretty confident that we are going to have a jury by the end of this week? I don't know why, but I'm feeling a lot better today than I was yesterday.

I agree . . . but I think it is just a stall tactic for the DT -- they don't care about the mix. They just care about getting young guys on the jury:maddening:
Perhaps Jose wants an audience that can relate to him better (or so he thinks).

PS- I want that fun job that allows me 8 weeks time off and I get to retire afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand