2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look Mr. Mason, her children are ADULTS at 22 (the age Casey was at the time of the crime) and 25 (her age now). She does not look at her children as "young kids or a child" because when you cross a certain age... you are ADULTS!

Single parent/teacher who would lose her income while on the jury.

Next please....

I've been out twice today and first there was a meltdown then a Juror fined for contempt. I'm about to leave again. Please keep it from self-destructing while I'm gone...

Juror #3261: Woman. Single parent w/sole custody of 7 year old daughter. Special education teacher. Wouldn't get paid. Would cause a financial hardship.

Excused for cause: financial hardship/single parent. No objections.

REALLY moving along quickly!

#3261. Female. Hardship - yes. Single parent, sole custody of 7 yr old daughter. Special Ed teacher, and would not get paid during the summer. Works during summer, needs the income to support daughter. No-one available to assist, sole custody. SA no questions. DT no questions. Excused.

3261 woman

hardship - single parent with sole custody of 7 yo daughter, special ed teacher would not get paid (works during summer)

excused for cause

Degreed, female, responsible. She is great. But i bet if she makes it through the initial weed out, the DT will use one of their x number of rejections on her.. (forget what they call them, but think both sides get a certain number of rejections/vetoes?)

I believe each side is allowed 10 strikes- however HHJP can allow more if he deems necessary.

Does anyone know why they are splitting up the questioning? If they have no financial hardship....why don't they ask the other important questions? Why are they sending them home and bringing them back?

This is just the initial screening for hardship of the full jury pool. To determine who could reasonably be asked to serve on an 8 week sequestered jury. Once they get a deep enough pool they will move onto the actual juror screening where the sides can ask questions and object for cause.

#3340. Female. Hardship - none. Won't get paid but not an issue, doesn't have many bills and will be without the income. No family or medical issues of concern.

Someone who works but doesn't need the income.

Can I trade places with her now, please? :D

Ohhh, won't get paid, but can handle it...Nice - DT doesn't want her...

My only concern with this and it's the only one is homeless people who are drug/alcohol addicts and the withdrawel they may encounter in the event they are picked and sequestered. However I'm sure that both the State and DT will make sure they ask those kind of questions.

I think the Judge is doing a fine job and the DT should watch out what they wish for or object to. :)

Wonder if the DT misses Strickland now?

But they are looking for people with VALID driver's licenses. That will weed out the drug addicts most likely. I am sure the managers of the shelters know which one's are capable of taking on this task. It will be like winning the lottery for someone. lol

Wow where have they found this new crew - lots of women who are willing to say 'no issues'. Awesome.

My kind of girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ready, willing and able! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cancerkilla