2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AF: can you apply an extremely high standard of care during the penalty phase?

I think I already have.

AF: is there anything I have said that makes you think you can't be fair and impartial in the penalty phase?

No.

HHJP: next we will continue general Voir Dire. Dealing with the presumption of innocence. She has entered not guilty so you must presume she is innocent. Unless it has been overcome by the evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. The burden of proof is on the SA. As the defendant sits here she is innocent. Do you have any problem with that sir?

No sir.

HHJP: no juror should ever been concerned whether a defendant takes the stand or not.

Okay.

LDB: :blowkiss:

The reason we are all here....Justice is coming sweetheart!!

caylee pic - cutie.jpg

Maybe they are going to bring an expert that says sociopathy is a brain development issue.

Don't forget that DCS specializes in claims of traumatic brain injury. ALthough she is usually on the other side. So...very telling and i said so long ago.

They keep saying a Brain development issue - that is strange.

Everytime I hear AF mention this, I can't help but to think back to Caylee's autopsy , where they found something "about the skull & the plates of bones that are separated by sutures" there was even discussion about how casey probably left her in a crib for hours at a time ect.. Does anyone else recall this?
I think ole AF might be trying to say maybe its an inherited condition, and caseys head is fused....lol..

But see it hurts to DT to take all the emotion out of it too. They HAVE to appeal to the emotions of it to keep her alive.

I will bet this man goes.

PLUs....he's an atheist....they won't find that a plus.

I thought he said he is not an atheist.

HAH ! His honor just reminded the court, Ms. Anthony pleaded NOT guilty! How's the DT gonna pull this off ?:floorlaugh:

I feel like this prospective juror is getting a little annoyed. Does anyone notice that? he just seems a little short/tired.... done/

Baez kind of leaned towards that with the guy this morning, I thought. All of this is totally screaming mitigation, though. Y'know, I'm of mixed feelings about the death penalty- if she gets LWOP, will she be in general population? Because *that* I'm a fan of.

YES she will!! Not on the DP though, I think.

LDB: this process is designed to find out if you can follow the rules without being influenced by anything you have heard or read...your common sense is ultimately what you will use and can use. I have a few general questions regarding issues that might come up if you were selected as a juror. As has been pointed out, there is a camera in the courtroom. You are not being filmed, but do you have a general concern about the media presence in the court room?

None what so ever.

LDB: Will you agree to not find that a distration?

It is not about me.

LDB: you do not have to talk about your jury service if you don't want to. you can when it is all over. do you have concerns about being contacted by the media when you are done?

no.

LDB: are you a individual who would want to be on tv talking about it?

Not at all.

If I'm a potential juror, and I'm already being asked about the death penalty and penalty phase- IMO that says something about the case.

HAH ! His honor just reminded the court, Ms. Anthony pleaded NOT guilty! How's the DT gonna pull this off ?:floorlaugh:

I can't believe this! Two minutes ago I posted on the mitigating factors thread that the DT was painting their client as guilty.

I'm watching on tape delay, IS, and sunny hostins just said SHE could make a good juror, I have to gasp.

I've seen her comments on the James Ray case, and it made me wonder what planet she was from.

I'd definitely want her on my jury if I was guilty of anything.

I've been gone 2 1/2 hours - are they only on #2???

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Justice for Caylee! And may KC get her justice.

when they tell the potential jurors that they are not being filmed... i think i would not realize that everything I SAID was being aired on national tv.. I wish they'd be more specific to tell the jurors that, or maybe they've already covered that in earlier parts of the selection process?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member