2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, a great tactic. I learned this in a management class on how to interview. If you are vague enough, the person will become confused and just start to ramble off stuff and views on certain items. The last juror was smart, he would ask them to "give him an example" putting the ball back into the DT court.

I know it is hard to believe, but I think the DT is smarter than they would like us to believe. Maybe not in terms of case and the actual law, but definately when it comes to overall "people skills" and relating to the layman. I think that is why JB wanted a minority bunch. He would be able to relate to them on a personal level in the trial, and he could confuse everyone who did not understand the technical stuff and laws.

Believe this happened in the Brad Cooper case in regard to technical aspects of computer and phone evidence.

AF: do you think you can put aside that kind of emotional testimony and decided whether LWOP is right or DP without taking into consideration that kind of testimony?

JA: objection

AF: side bar please?

Objection is overruled. Make it short and sweet.

AF: at the penalty phase, victim impact statement, very emotional. if you get to this point the judge will give you instruction and tell you not to concider it a factor in your vote for LWOP or DP. Can you set aside your feelings and follow that law?

Yes

AF: you can take the emotion out of it and base your decision on the law?

yes.

Juror says he would like to see remorse during the penalty phase, but if she is not remorseful it will not influence him.

I just wondered WHO WILL GIVE A VICTIM IMPACT statement for Caylee? That makes me sad.

I doubt CA and GA will.

... of course they will - and admonish everyone for not finding the real killer

IMO, some of these questions are pointless and excessive.
Its repeat questioning why not just stick to the basics....

How much do you know about the case?
Do you already have a pre-conceived notion on ICA's guilt or innocence?
If found guilty would you be able to give the DP?
Are you able to get through the emotional testimony, photographs...etc., and still be able to form a judgement based on the facts and not an emotional response to the circumstances of this case?

Do u mind that the defendant may be drugged the whole time and hold that against her?

BOOM....DONE.....NEXT POT please.... why is this taking five hours per POT???

Hey Sleuths, Long time reader, first time poster.

During the 10 minute recess I could hear JA talking (loud) to someone on the DT about the FBI documents that the DT claims they can't get again. This must be a very raw subject to both sides. Hey JB - just do your job and call the FBI and find out if they will give you the files.

Funny not one person on the DT has said anything about "What if you feel the SA has not presented enough evidence to find the defendant guilty ... could you find the defendant not guilty?"

To me the questions to these prospective jurors are screaming "yes our client is guilty, how would you punish her? LWOP or Death?

Baez kind of leaned towards that with the guy this morning, I thought. All of this is totally screaming mitigation, though. Y'know, I'm of mixed feelings about the death penalty- if she gets LWOP, will she be in general population? Because *that* I'm a fan of.

WESH said HHJP scheduled 5 PJ's an hour . The DT KNEW that would not happen with the way they are questioning. I think they are being Passive Aggressive,IMO.
Yes,they have a job to do,but HH certainly has enough experience to know how long this should take .

During the 10 minute recess I could hear JA talking (loud) to someone on the DT about the FBI documents that the DT claims they can't get again. This must be a very raw subject to both sides. Hey JB - just do your job and call the FBI and find out if they will give you the files.

Welcome aboard!

Well CA knows a great psychic if they need mind reading done.

This is crazy. All the questions being repeated or rephrased. Judge please put an end to this. I'm getting a headache trying to follow this foolishness.

AMEN!! Any Lawyers here know what Judge can do?

I am guessing that AF has rephrased her original first juror questions so JA's first objections now no longer hold sway mainly because AF is asking about law and if he can make decisions based on it

moving on to general voire doire

But see it hurts to DT to take all the emotion out of it too. They HAVE to appeal to the emotions of it to keep her alive.

I will bet this man goes.

PLUs....he's an atheist....they won't find that a plus.

:floorlaugh: "That's kinda pushing it" the potential juror says when asked if he thinks being a good employee and a good student would be mitgating factors!!

I'd LOVE to see evidence of that!!! She was terminated for abandoning her job and didn't graduate high school......................those are her good qualities listed in the mitigation list..............

They keep saying a Brain development issue - that is strange.

Maybe they are going for the fact that Cindy or George dropped her on her head.....who the heck knows.

All I know is I could not be a potential juror because I tuned out long ago. HATS OFF TO ALL POTENTIAL JURORS. I'D NEVER MAKE IT.

Not even sure why I still have my headphones in. Yes, AF is good, she's lulling me to sleep. Lighter color suits do look better on her. Hate to say it but me thinks the yellow looks good on ICA.

Welcome Ruby. :seeya:

This is crazy. All the questions being repeated or rephrased. Judge please put an end to this. I'm getting a headache trying to follow this foolishness.

I agree. And maybe it's just me, but her questions and overall manner appears to be somewhat condescending.

Funny not one person on the DT has said anything about "What if you feel the SA has not presented enough evidence to find the defendant guilty ... could you find the defendant not guilty?"

To me the questions to these prospective jurors are screaming "yes our client is guilty, how would you punish her? LWOP or Death?

It is strange, isn't it?

If the defense questions every potential juror like this...jury selection could take 2 weeks. Do we know if they had the jurors fill out a voir dire questionaire?

What can Judge Perry do (if anything) to speed things up?

they are still supposed to do 36 more today.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julia2105