2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this was supposed to be a screening process. I'm sorry, it feels different to me. I don't get this. Am I off base/

To me, this feels like DT already feels she will be found guilty and are more concerned about her NOT dying. MOO.

ETA: And feeling the waters on whether or not ICA will testify.

Okay, y'all...what in the world is this "brain development" mitigating factor actually MEAN? Like show CT scans or MRIs that Casey's brain is wrong or something?

**sorry if this has been discussed**

Yeah, I think it's been made clear....Strategy is yes, she killed Caylee, but it was because of an abusive upbringing and mental issues. With that in mind, I think she will be found guilty and get LWOP.

Here we go with the brain development again! Casey's brain seems to have developed just fine, how else could she spin and keep track of her thousands of lies? moo

IMHO, every family is dysfunctional in one way or another if we dig deep enough for it, Ms. Finnell.

JA looks totally dumbfounded that his objection was overruled. LOL!

Yeah, I think it's been made clear....Strategy is yes, she killed Caylee, but it was because of an abusive upbringing and mental issues. With that in mind, I think she will be found guilty and get LWOP.

Alot of people who been convicted and gotten the DP had a bad childhood.
Pinkney Chip Carter would be an example.

You'd think he would since they keep dragging out the questioning and he wants to begin the trial on Tuesday.

At this rate, I can't see this trial beginning for another month!

Yep that's totally fine. I'm actually hoping a mod will start a separate thread and just put all the jury recaps in there (since I think they'll be really helpful when the trial starts) but if that doesn't happen, I'm fine with them staying in the unexcused juror list. I'm just trying to make it more organized, lol.

We will probably start a no discussion list for the seated jury that we can refer back to once the trial gets underway. Maybe you can help with that? I;m great at having ideas but I don't have the time to implement them all the time or to work on them. Luckily, my 10:00 appointment never came and it was going to be a long one so I have a little while to listen and post as I sift through paperwork!

If KC said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against her?

Sorry I had to :floorlaugh:

AF: an expert psy could be called to explain or elaborate on this type of mitigation, does that make sense?

yes.

AF: have you had any bad experiences with that type of expert so that you would not listen to what the expert had to say about that individual?

No.

AF: a person accused of a crime a person does not have to testify( I dont think ICA wants to testify). do you understand that, have an issue?

No.

JA: objection

HHJP overrulled.

AF: if she chose to testify but maintained her innocence but chose to testify at the mitigating phase would you hold that against her to the point you would want to see her dead.

Remorse? Do I want to see it? yes, but it would not make how I vote at the penalty phase.

AF: victim impact statements, it is emotional and gut wrenching testimony. JP is going to tell you not to consider it but listen to it...

JA: objection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members