2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ms Finnell has adopted Mr Baezs style of narrating themselves in circles to confuse the person they're talking to. IMO.

I'm NOT trying to sleuth a Juror but I have in my mind's eye what this Juror looks like. Sort of homespun, IYKWIM but I picture him as a wise grandpa type. DT won'twant him. Too conscientious about everything he does.

I bet tomorrow the judge lays down some ground rules and sets some time limits.

I thought this was supposed to be a screening process. I'm sorry, it feels different to me. I don't get this. Am I off base/

LOVE that the potential juror said to AF "Wow, it sounds like you're asking me to pre-judge"

Wondering why HHJP didn't step in since that is EXACTLY what AF is doing. Very astute man :banghead:

She is confusing the potential juror

She did really well before...but now I'm thinking that if I had her reading me questions for an oral exam...I'd fail with flying colors.

Ann asks compound questions and JB asks circular ones.....CM...I just can't understand his.

Can no one enunciate anymore?

the defense is trying to find jurors that they can BAFFLE and CONFUSE and Dance around...so shouldn't they just ask jurors "Do you get confused easily"

I've been sitting here listening to Baez - sort of wondering - cause he is boring me to tears, what he is going to do when this is all over, the cameras are watching someone else and he is back to wandering the halls of the OC jail looking for business.

Maybe he'll seek out Mark Geragos to see where other 'has been' media attention seekers hang out. :crazy:

Defense wants to strike juror. Motion DENIED.

Kaylynn, you are giving great synopses of these jurors so just to let you know, I am cutting them and pasting them into the unexcused juror list. Hope that's okay!

you mean something like happened to her in her youth.

AF: yes.

absolutely.

AF: mitgating factors don't have to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. (Twenty minutes to say that! )

AF: Cold blooded murder. Murder. Murder. That is all I hear AF saying.

I'm in and out all day and unable to follow very closely but is this the 2nd juror now or or they moving faster than this morning?
Thank you

Can the judge not impose a time limit on questioning these potential jurors?

You'd think he would since they keep dragging out the questioning and he wants to begin the trial on Tuesday.

COnsidering we are not through juror #2 (1232) there is no way the court is going to get through 37 jurors today - unless HHJP ordered 5 court reporters and had unlimited overtime funds for the deputies and court employees

and conducted Voir Dire by questioning multiple jurors simultaneously OR continued overnight right up until the start of court tomorrow (but that wouldn't really be today).

The point is there is not enough hours in the day no matter how late/early he makes everyone stay

Kaylynn, you are giving great synopses of these jurors so just to let you know, I am cutting them and pasting them into the unexcused juror list. Hope that's okay!

Yep that's totally fine. I'm actually hoping a mod will start a separate thread and just put all the jury recaps in there (since I think they'll be really helpful when the trial starts) but if that doesn't happen, I'm fine with them staying in the unexcused juror list. I'm just trying to make it more organized, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem